It's official, I'm a squid.

Keep it civil
MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

It's official, I'm a squid.

Post by MattSunn »

Just purchased a new Kawasaki Z900. Traded in 2 of my Sportsters. Gonna try something different to shake off the motorcycle funk. I have a buyer for my Magna and a possible buyer for one of my other Sportsters. So, reducing the herd and we'll see what happens.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: It's official, I'm a squid.

Post by jeffcoslacker »

No...sitting atop a lotta plastic wrapped around 120+ hp with no idea how to use it is a squid.

You're an experienced rider with a new badass naked brawler. That makes you Captain Awesome in my book [emoji106]

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Wow! Looks like pure evil! [emoji106]

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

100-120 mph in 2nd gear is an eye opener.

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

I happen to think that is sexy as hell. My back couldn't take one of those now, but back n the day!
Arthritis sucks!

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Nice!! Congrats! :cheers:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Congrats, now go practice your wheelies :mrgreen: . First gear, rpms up, rear brake on. Let the brake go and roll up throttle...she should pop right up.
I believe that they make saddle bags for it, but if not there are tons of tail and tank bags.

I think that you are going to love it.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Nice ride, mattsun! Congrats!

Doesn't it sit a little upright? I sat on a Ninja 650 when I was waiting for them to prep my CTX and I was impressed! The bars were in a more upward position and I wasn't slouching at all!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

No wheelies for a while Tim(unless they are inadvertent) [emoji2] . DF, it does make you sit up a little straighter than most. The seat is low enough I can get both feet on the ground, not flatfooted, but the bike is light so it's manageable. Very light clutch pull.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Tbeck wrote:Congrats, now go practice your wheelies :mrgreen: . First gear, rpms up, rear brake on. Let the brake go and roll up throttle...she should pop right up.
I believe that they make saddle bags for it, but if not there are tons of tail and tank bags.

I think that you are going to love it.
That one should have no problems doing just straight-up power wheelies without jumping through any hoops to make it pogo to get it to pop. Just get up in the powerband and rip the happy handle to the stop. She'll come up. :evil:

One thing I liked about the Buell XB12R Firebolt a friend had...any of the bottom three gears, effortless power wheelie. It's also one reason I cannot be allowed to have one, or anything like it. [emoji2] :donno:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

DevilsFan wrote:Nice ride, mattsun! Congrats!

Doesn't it sit a little upright? I sat on a Ninja 650 when I was waiting for them to prep my CTX and I was impressed! The bars were in a more upward position and I wasn't slouching at all!
Seems like all Kawasaki's offerings try to keep seat height low, vs the others...I had the same discovery first time I sat on a Ninja too. Wasn't anywhere near as brutal as sportbikes in general are.

I filled out a pretty long customer satisfaction survey they sent me after I bought my Vulcan 1500 Classic...it asked me to pick from a very long list the top three considerations that made me choose the Vulcan over similar bikes from other manufacturers, I think I put price, seat height, and brand familiarity, in that order. They asked if they could call for follow-up and I volunteered.

I was surprised when they did. Talked to the gal for a while. She told me that on these surveys, seat height shows up more often than any other consideration they provide to pick from. She also said things like the adjustable levers and stock heel-toe shifter were buyer favorites too, in a nutshell, things that make riding more comfortable for shorter people and women riders. I didn't know about the levers until she told me that. :bonk:

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

SWEEET MANY HAPPY HOURS ON IT!
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Enjoy...school! I went twice so know how to drive. They did seem to let me go more the older I got.

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

Enjoy! :putput: :rock: :cheers:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

jeffcoslacker wrote:

Seems like all Kawasaki's offerings try to keep seat height low, vs the others...I had the same discovery first time I sat on a Ninja too. Wasn't anywhere near as brutal as sportbikes in general are.

I filled out a pretty long customer satisfaction survey they sent me after I bought my Vulcan 1500 Classic...it asked me to pick from a very long list the top three considerations that made me choose the Vulcan over similar bikes from other manufacturers, I think I put price, seat height, and brand familiarity, in that order. They asked if they could call for follow-up and I volunteered.

I was surprised when they did. Talked to the gal for a while. She told me that on these surveys, seat height shows up more often than any other consideration they provide to pick from. She also said things like the adjustable levers and stock heel-toe shifter were buyer favorites too, in a nutshell, things that make riding more comfortable for shorter people and women riders. I didn't know about the levers until she told me that. :bonk:

I wish they would put as much into seat comfort. The seat on my Nomad is only slightly more comfortable that sitting on a concrete block. I will be ordering a seat soon.

But I am happy with the seat height so I got that going for me....which is nice.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

MattSunn wrote: Just purchased a new Kawasaki Z900. Traded in 2 of my Sportsters. Gonna try something different to shake off the motorcycle funk. I have a buyer for my Magna and a possible buyer for one of my other Sportsters. So, reducing the herd and we'll see what happens.
[emoji106] Hey that's great Paul. I hope you enjoy the new ride. I watched a couple reviews and it sounds like the cat's ass. Quite a departure from what you've been riding eh? Have fun, and I hope all the transactions go your way. [emoji106]

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

franktiregod wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:

I wish they would put as much into seat comfort. The seat on my Nomad is only slightly more comfortable that sitting on a concrete block. I will be ordering a seat soon.

But I am happy with the seat height so I got that going for me....which is nice.
I would guess that like exhausts, they would say no point in putting a lotta thought and manufacturing expense into the types of bolt-ons that a majority of riders are gonna change out in the first few weeks they own it. And since it's probably very tough to get any kind of consensus on what is comfortable in a seat, maybe not worth even trying.

Consider yourself lucky they don't just come with a wood plank there with a Corbin catalog stapled to it for padding.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
franktiregod wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:

I would guess that like exhausts, they would say no point in putting a lotta thought and manufacturing expense into the types of bolt-ons that a majority of riders are gonna change out in the first few weeks they own it. And since it's probably very tough to get any kind of consensus on what is comfortable in a seat, maybe not worth even trying.

Consider yourself lucky they don't just come with a wood plank there with a Corbin catalog stapled to it for padding.

:lmao:

I will trade this stock seat for a wood plank. Preferably sanded. [emoji2]

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I had the seat stolen off of a bike and had to ride home without one. The plank would not be a real improvement.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Herb wrote:I had the seat stolen off of a bike and had to ride home without one. The plank would not be a real improvement.
A friend gave me a half-wrecked Gold Wing years ago. It didn't have a seat, I rode it home like that. I actually liked the position, and the frame was so wide it wasn't too bad. I could put my feet down flat, and the bars seemed real high. It was great on my back.