$300

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

$300

Post by Tbeck »

Well I just dumped $300 on some new dress pants and shirts for the new school year. That will get me started, but I'll be needing more.
Price's are getting a little high. One shop wanted $175 for a single off the rack pair of dress pants. I could get a whole suit fitted at the men's Warehouse for a couple bucks more.
Shirt's for me are about $56 each, high but not terrible.
Good thing my shoes are alright because they run around $125.
Oh well only money, Lol

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: $300

Post by jeffcoslacker »

I'm positive I haven't spent $300 on clothes in 10 years. [emoji2]

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

One of the nice things about where I work, even though it is a very large office, or rather "Cube Farm", we get to dress casual. I wear jeans every day and vented fishing shirts from Bass Pro... and that makes me better dressed than 90% of the people there. A lot of programmers take pride in dressing down. Some of them wear t-shirts so old and worn out I wouldn't mow my lawn in it.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Call me old school fellas. I am of the mindset that teacher's should look like teacher's. That means dress slacks, dress shirt, tie, and a suit jacket if temps allow it.
We have our share of teacher's that wear Dockers and a polo shirt, and that's fine if you want to dress like the students. I just think the teacher should look professional, not casual.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

When I was in school the only male teachers who didnt wear a tie were the coaches.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

T...you're shopping at the wrong stores!!!

And I ain't wearing a tie! Try wearing a suit and tie in Florida...102 degrees with 1763% humidity...and that's just in the classroom with the A/C unit busted. Wait until you take them out to recess!

As a teacher, I do like the idea of uniforms...khaki pants with a school-color polo. If everyone wore this studies show there is a lot more unity among co-workers. Unfortunately, the female teachers are all against this. They prefer to dress like they're going to a nightclub...especially the younger teachers.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

When I was in school the dress code for boys was button down shirt, necktie, and dress pants. 12 years of that and I swore I'd never wear a tie again unless absolutely necessary. Never wore a tie on the job or in retirement but always had a couple on hand just in case. One doesn't have to wear a tie to be nicely dressed.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

franktiregod wrote:When I was in school the only male teachers who didnt wear a tie were the coaches.
When I was in school even the coaches wore ties and coats. When I was on the baseball team the only time the coach took his tie off was when he was demonstrating something on the field.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Separation papers from the Army on 10 October '65 and have not worn a tie since.

It is amusing to me the dress code on Fox News.. goofy looking dudes in full uniform of monkey suit and tie, half naked toothy chicks with dresses over half way up their thighs.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

DevilsFan wrote:T...you're shopping at the wrong stores!!!

And I ain't wearing a tie! Try wearing a suit and tie in Florida...102 degrees with 1763% humidity...and that's just in the classroom with the A/C unit busted. Wait until you take them out to recess!

As a teacher, I do like the idea of uniforms...khaki pants with a school-color polo. If everyone wore this studies show there is a lot more unity among co-workers. Unfortunately, the female teachers are all against this. They prefer to dress like they're going to a nightclub...especially the younger teachers.

These slutty female teachers you speak of. Can I arrange a meet and greet? :)

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Tbeck wrote:Call me old school fellas. I am of the mindset that teacher's should look like teacher's. That means dress slacks, dress shirt, tie, and a suit jacket if temps allow it.
We have our share of teacher's that wear Dockers and a polo shirt, and that's fine if you want to dress like the students. I just think the teacher should look professional, not casual.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Herb wrote:
franktiregod wrote:When I was in school the only male teachers who didnt wear a tie were the coaches.
When I was in school even the coaches wore ties and coats. When I was on the baseball team the only time the coach took his tie off was when he was demonstrating something on the field.
"We always wore a hat and a tie, because things were hard then, and you might need something to eat. We wore an onion on our belt, because that was the style then. Not those small, yellow ones, the big white ones... Anyway, about my washtub. I’d just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as... a walking bird. We'd always have walking bird on Thanksgiving with all the trimmings: cranberries, Injun eyes, yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called "baseball"...You see, back in those days, rich men would ride around in Zeppelins, dropping coins on people, and one day I seen J. D. Rockefeller flying by. So I run of the house with a big washtub and… hey! Where are you going?..."

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

RoadKing wrote:
half naked toothy chicks with dresses over half way up their thighs.
Yep... I hate that! [emoji56]
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Skipper
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: S83

Post by Skipper »

When I was welding in the field, between boots and clothes for working outside year round, I probably used to spend around $2000 every year. That's one profession that's pretty hard on clothes haha. Of course at the time I was probably making anywhere from 400-600 a day so it balances out.

When I went to school the teachers wore anything from casual on down to inappropriate (the principal was the worst actually..) I had one teacher though, relatively young, she always wore a nice dress shirt or suit and tasteful amount of jewellery and make up. Always had class, dignity and professional conduct. Never liked her classes but had a good deal of respect for her.
Funny how quickly some things change, my brother who's nine years older than me, was always required to wear a dress shirt and tie while travelling to away games playing sports. By the time I came along, as long you didn't have gaping holes and mustard stains on your t shirt you were good to go. Even if the odd person did, it didn't seem to matter much.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

RoadKing wrote: It is amusing to me the dress code on Fox News.. goofy looking dudes in full uniform of monkey suit and tie, half naked toothy chicks with dresses over half way up their thighs.
Don't forget those mandatory 6 inch stiletto heels. And most of them will wear sleeveless dresses in the dead of New York winter time. Just looks weird to me. [space] :lmao:
lovineveryminuteofit

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:
Don't forget those mandatory 6 inch stiletto heels. And most of them will wear sleeveless dresses in the dead of New York winter time. Just looks weird to me. [space] :lmao:

mmm. I was gonna comment but give me a minute...