Anyone want to take a shot at this question.?????

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

If the donkeys and the left are so upset about the confederate statues and monuments then why did "they" not protest them during the Obama administration..??

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Re: Anyone want to take a shot at this question.?????

Post by franktiregod »

As I told one of these knuckleheads.

"We walk past statues every single day and dont give them a second thought. You do it and I do it. You know you have.

Now, you also know you didn't give two shits about a statue until the media told you to be upset."

He didnt respond so I assume he thinks I am right. [emoji2]

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Frank, they did. News stories have been covering the removal for year's.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Tbeck wrote:Frank, they did. News stories have been covering the removal for year's.
Oh yeah an idiot here and there but not the widespread stupidity that is going on now.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Well the removal of many has been reported due to public opinion. We saw a big stink over Confederate flag ending in the removal.
Somehow the flag and statues seems to have been timed perfectly with the mistreatment of black's by police, black lives matter, etc... narrative.

Seems like anything can become a CAUSE, and we have an all to willing group of trouble seekers

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

I wanted to add that Barry's mission APPEARS to have been to set BACK race relations 45 years, and he was successful.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Tbeck wrote:Well the removal of many has been reported due to public opinion. We saw a big stink over Confederate flag ending in the removal.
Somehow the flag and statues seems to have been timed perfectly with themis-reported mistreatment of black's by police, black lives matter, etc... narrative.

Seems like anything can become a CAUSE, and we have an all to willing group of trouble seekers
Fixed it for you
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Trump ask the question, now we have our answer.

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/08/ ... i=55378697

"An NAACP leader in Pennsylvania is speaking out against protesters tearing down Confederate monuments in the days following the violent clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia.

The problem, according to Esther Lee — who helms the Bethlehem, Pennsylvania chapter of the organization — is the “senseless” unrest around the country, not the statues of Confederate leaders.

In fact, she said Tuesday that the Confederate memorials are a part of the country’s history and should stay in place, via WFMZ-TV:

You know, that’s history — that was in that point in time. You can’t eliminate what history is. So I disapprove with young people pulling down those statues.

A young woman died. Two officers were murdered in a plane crash. And all for what? Because somebody in their mind decided, ‘We don’t need to look at that anymore.’ It shouldn’t be.

Moving forward, Lee has two pieces of advice for protesters: Leave the monuments alone, and begin to pray for President Donald Trump, even — and maybe especially — if you disagree with him.

“I would pray that he would gain the strength to do what’s necessary in the job, at least for these four years,” the NAACP leader said, later encouraging Americans to “widen our circle of compassion.”

Lee’s comments came after Trump wondered aloud during a rowdy press conference if protesters would begin demanding that statues of America’s founding president, George Washington, be torn down.

By Wednesday morning, the president had his answer. A Chicago pastor has called on Mayor Rahm Emanuel to remove a statue of Washington because the nation’s first commander in chief was a slave owner.

The city of Baltimore — under the cover of night — removed several famous Confederate monuments from public property on Tuesday. Mayor Catherine Pugh said the sculptures “needed to come down” for the “safety and security of our people.”

The basic stupidity of this movement is because of the communist hatred of the USA.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

A SINCE THE RUSSIAN INVESTIGATIONS IS GOING NOWHERE .... HELL, WHY NOT ANOTHER USELESS ENDEVER
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, it didn't need fixed, but if it makes you feel better, so be it.

Now let me point out to EVERYONE what you just did.

You changed the narrative, because YOU thought it needed changed, very similar to what we are seeing all over the country. Doesn't matter if we are talking a post, a flag, or a statue, somehow folk's have decided that they have a right to change what they wish, on their own and that they are justified in doing so.

Frank, you have your answer!

PS... By the way I agree with Ms Lee

Damumz
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2017 Road Glide Ultra

Post by Damumz »

Calm down you all. When Trump resigns over all this crap Mike Pence will settle down the country. I think Trump is about a week maybe two tops from thinking "I need this shit? We'll get absolutely nothing through the house or senate when everybody's attention is simply to destroy me no matter what I say". He'll resign and in his mind walk away a winner and that sports fans is all that matters to him.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Randy, I wonder if that wouldn't be best?

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Next week President Trump will rally in Arizona where he will endorse Kelli Ward for US Senate and grant pardon for Sheriff Joe. He ain't going away! The Trump Train roars on! What you fellas fail to take into account is the power of Trump Nation. The beat goes on... and on and on!
MAGA

As for changing the narrative of this thread, I would like to give my thought on the question, why no protest during Obama... such protest sheds light on the racist past of the Democrat Party and that must not happen while a Dimm is POTUS. It is important to the leftists to direct the glare of racism and Confederacy while a R is in the White House
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

But there were protests under Barry...

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:

Liberals...
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

So what brand of motorcycle is best? I know which one but my bud wants a second opinion.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

wally w wrote:So what brand of motorcycle is best? I know which one but my bud wants a second opinion.
Whichever one motivates your soul the most.

TEKE
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2012 Harley FXDB

Post by TEKE »

They were an issue during the Obama administration and during Bush, memories are short I guess when it fits an agenda. Also, as far as the confederate flag goes, it never became a symbol of "confederate pride" until civil rights and the de-segregation movement, so lets not bullshit each other about what those flying it are really trying to say. Just my .02.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

jonnycando wrote:
wally w wrote:So what brand of motorcycle is best? I know which one but my bud wants a second opinion.
Whichever one motivates your soul the most.
My soul? :lolfall: My brand motivates me in my coccyx area when I'm riding. Makes my sacroilliac wanna move! Motivates a whole lotta women in the same way.

There's a second opinion for your bud, Wally. Glad I could help.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

TEKE wrote:They were an issue during the Obama administration and during Bush, memories are short I guess when it fits an agenda. Also, as far as the confederate flag goes, it never became a symbol of "confederate pride" until civil rights and the de-segregation movement, so lets not bullshit each other about what those flying it are really trying to say. Just my .02.

Evidently you were not brought up in the deep south ..
The flag we fly is a battle flag and is not the flag of the confederacy

Just my .02
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"