Well, .22 is back

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: Well, .22 is back

Post by RoadKing »

navigator wrote:With Mama cooking in the nearby kitchen, I opened the rear window, sighted in on the critter, ...I knew I was wrong when I heard the casing bouncing off the hard wood floor.
I shoot at targets, ever since military over 50 years ago. I stay trained. Only critter concerns me has two legs. Never shot at nor killed wildlife in my life. If I had to, for protection or food or clothing, I could and would. But I don’t have to.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

navigator wrote:With Mama cooking in the nearby kitchen, I opened the rear window, sighted in on the critter, ...I knew I was wrong when I heard the casing bouncing off the hard wood floor.

Did that when I was 13...momma was PISSED.
-DBTO

Elsie rider
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: HD Triglide

Post by Elsie rider »

those who could not find 22 shells, must be Walmart shoppers I had not problem finding them....plus I always keep 4-5000 on hand

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

Academy has just about any brand of .22 LR in stock right now....even a few boxes of shorts which we don't see very often around here...
I just use the .22 to plink with so muzzle velocity isn't a big deal for me......Bought a Win lever action .22 at Western Auto in the mid 60's and it's been a great gun throughout the years...
New brand (Blazer 40 grain ) was on the shelf for 2.49 a box of 50...picked up another 8 boxes ( all they had on the shelf) guy behind the counter said to check back with them next Monday or Tuesday...big shipment coming in with various brands.....Never have enough .22 rounds..... [emoji106]
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

A .22LR is a “plinker”, yep. With my 10/22 can accurately plink an ear or an eyeball or an Adam apple throat jugular or a temple, all a very tight grouping, at 100 yards. A plinker fersure. Have owned some powerful close quarter six guns. An Ithaca 37 is formidable in tight spots. But I’ll always be a rifleman and a .22 is a wonderful tool. The choice of assassins. [emoji106]

A caveat here. My thinking is result of combat training in The Army. Assassin skills for a few are a part of combat training. Ferexample, in occupied territory a hostile political leader, perhaps the mayor of a target town, needs to be taken out before entering the town. Assassin. That was part of my combat training. I am combat minded when it comes to weapons. Don’t want any nimrod dimwits to get the wrong ideas. Wish I could use “nim rod” as originally intended, but I use it in its current derogatory form.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

:lmao: somebody has been watching too many movies.... 22 assassin's training :lmao:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote::lmao: somebody has been watching too many movies.... 22 assassin's training :lmao:
You think that’s something? You should see what I can do with a folded newspaper to the temple. Or a Sharp Finger to the asshole. First thing they teach is the delicate nature of the human organism, and that includes the one belonging to the assassin. For real.
Signifying nothing”

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

22' S ARE MEDICAL NIGHTMARES. DON'T KILL HUMANS IMMEDIATELY, BUT GIVEN SOME TIME .... THEY LEAVE ZIG ZAG TRACKS THAT ARE HARD TO REPAIR, ESPECIALLY IN THE CENTER OF MASS. AND SEVERAL 22 HOLES ARE MAJOR LEAKERS, JUST NOT INSTANTLY
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

RoadKing wrote:
lonerider wrote:My idea of Shangri-la is taking target practice while sitting on your back porch.
Oh, man! With a 500 yard deep back yard clear to the tree line! Yep!
At my FIL's homestead in the Great Plains in Texas .........he has a one and a half mile pasture before the closest tree line [emoji106]
We regularly take target practice when we are visiting....abandoned cistern atop of a nearby hill (about 150 yards away) makes for a good target,
we're constantly changing the targets.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

KAJUN wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
lonerider wrote:My idea of Shangri-la is taking target practice while sitting on your back porch.
Oh, man! With a 500 yard deep back yard clear to the tree line! Yep!
At my FIL's homestead in the Great Plains in Texas .........he has a one and a half mile pasture before the closest tree line [emoji106]
We regularly take target practice when we are visiting....abandoned cistern atop of a nearby hill (about 150 yards away) makes for a good target,
we're constantly changing the targets.
Man, that’s a rifleman’s dream! Whoa! :clap:
Signifying nothing”

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

I like 22wmr.... Not a big 22 fan

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/10/27/arre ... op-killed/

Bessant, who had been with the Oceanside Police Department for three years, was assisting a fellow officer with an early evening traffic stop at Arthur Avenue and Gold Drive when 17-year-old Meki Gaono shot him from about from 385 feet away with a scope-equipped rifle from behind a brick mailbox in front of Compre’s home.

Two other underage gang associates — allegedly including Compre — opened fire along with Gaono in the direction of the officers, but the rounds from their pistols did not hit anyone, according to prosecutors.

A bullet from the .22-caliber rifle struck Bessant under his left armpit — just missing his protective vest — and pierced his heart before exiting his body. The married father of a 2-year-old son was pronounced dead at a hospital a short time later.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.