Bakers Refused To Make A Cake.

Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Bakers Refused To Make A Cake.

Post by Designer »

Bakers refused to make pro-Trump birthday cake for little 9-year-old boy:

A boy whose letter to Our President Donald Trump made national headlines last month reportedly wanted a pro-Donald Trump cake for his birthday party, but his mother was unable to find a baker willing to fulfill the order.

At the July 26 White House press briefing, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders read a letter from a boy named Dylan who said Mr. Trump was his favorite president. When she later released the letter publicly, the boy’s last name was blacked out. The only identifying clue was that everyone called him “Pickle.”

The media scrambled to verify the letter’s authenticity, and the next day, The Washington Post confirmed it was sent by 9-year-old Dylan Harbin of California.

The Post reported that, when Dylan asked for a “Donald Trump cake” for his birthday, his mother “made him one herself, because she couldn’t find a bakery willing and able to do it.”

Michael P. Farris is president, CEO and general counsel of the Alliance Defending Freedom, the Christian legal group defending Jack Phillips, a Colorado baker who was sued by a gay couple for declining to make their same-sex wedding cake.

Mr. Farris wondered why bakers are allowed to decline to make birthday cakes supporting Mr. Trump, but not wedding cakes supporting same-sex marriage.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Re: Bakers Refused To Make A Cake.

Post by franktiregod »

The kid should identify as gay, sue the shit out of them, and retire before he works a day.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

The Donald should have had one made and sent it or delivered it in person. :HatTip:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

franktiregod wrote:The kid should identify as gay, sue the shit out of them, and retire before he works a day.

[emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

I read where the boy's mom wasn't able to find a cake maker who would fulfill the request, but I don't see that as a refusal?
My daughter makes cake's every now and again for specials. She learned how to decorate cake's as a part-time job when still in highschool.
She got paid BIG Buck's to decorate "specialty" cake request, and there were no shortage of said specialty cakes.
Unfortunately most baker's can't afford to pay someone with the skills to do specialty cake designs. That's why we see so many cake's with the same design and/or little plastic figures slapped on.
So I guess my take on the story is they couldn't find a shop that could do the specialty decorating.
But hey never miss an opportunity to make even simple things like cake, political.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Tbeck wrote:I read where the boy's mom wasn't able to find a cake maker who would fulfill the request, but I don't see that as a refusal?
My daughter makes cake's every now and again for specials. She learned how to decorate cake's as a part-time job when still in highschool.
She got paid BIG Buck's to decorate "specialty" cake request, and there were no shortage of said specialty cakes.
Unfortunately most baker's can't afford to pay someone with the skills to do specialty cake designs. That's why we see so many cake's with the same design and/or little plastic figures slapped on.
So I guess my take on the story is they couldn't find a shop that could do the specialty decorating.
But hey never miss an opportunity to make even simple things like cake, political.
Did you miss the part where it says
because she couldn’t find a bakery willing and able to do it.
Yes, it also says able, but if you are unwilling to make something your not going to admit to being able to make it. Now the article didn't say what made the cake so special that no baker was able or unwilling to make it. :blink:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:The Donald should have had one made and sent it or delivered it in person. :HatTip:
Then buy out all the cake shops and fire the previous owners...
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

JFL Live wrote:
BlacktopTravelr wrote:The Donald should have had one made and sent it or delivered it in person. :HatTip:
Barron can do that will two weeks allowance. :lolfall:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
JFL Live wrote:
Barron can do that will two weeks allowance. :lolfall:

And then serve nothing but Trump cakes!

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

BT, yep I read that, and I took it to mean since they were "not" able, they were also unwilling.
You of course are free to agree with the intended slant of the editorial.
I on the other hand am sick of all the editorial passed off as news. So I read it, discarded the obvious bias, and reasoned as to why.
My conclusion is not politically motivated.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

The content BlacktopTravelr refers to is not merely editorial.....it is news.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, is it? Where does the editorial move away from news?
Now if the editorial had stated the mom was unable to find a bakery that was able or willing to make a Trump cake for her son's birthday. That would be a lopsided news report, but not editorial.

However the editorial did two things that prevent it from being news.
First it doesn't say WHY she was unable to procure the cake. Any NEWS reporter would have investigated and reported the WHY.
Secondly, it LEADS the reader's by way of suggestive INNUENDO down the path the writer (not reporter) wanted the audience to go.

ANYONE who is even REMOTELY discerning about what they call news would gag at the suggestion that the editorial could be confused for news.

There are or rather appears to be a lot of uneducated masses that don't mind being led by editorial like a bunch of obedient sheep. If this was not the case, we wouldn't see so much editorializing, and partisanship.

What I find most amusing is one side critical of the other when both sides are engaged in the same practice's.

Spyder
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: S50----

Post by Spyder »

Who, What, Where, Why, When...the 5 w's of news reporting...and I'll throw in How for good measure. I learned this from an old Clarke Gabel movie from the 40's. [emoji2]

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Spyder, you are ABSOLUTELY correct!

FAILURE of any written piece to address ALL those answers is EDITORIAL OPINION piece with a VERY deliberate GOAL of INFLUENCING the audience into acceptance of a FALSE narrative.

You can see this daily on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc.... Or as the president label's it, FAKE News.
Always surprises me that folks will claim to be Trump supporter's and yet don't seem to comprehend what he means when he label's stuff fake news. He's not limiting that claim to cnn.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

Tbeck wrote:Spyder, you are ABSOLUTELY correct!

FAILURE of any written piece to address ALL those answers is EDITORIAL OPINION piece with a VERY deliberate GOAL of INFLUENCING the audience into acceptance of a FALSE narrative.

You can see this daily on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc.... Or as the president label's it, FAKE News.
Always surprises me that folks will claim to be Trump supporter's and yet don't seem to comprehend what he means when he label's stuff fake news. He's not limiting that claim to cnn.
I don't disagree with this, but I find the likes of MSLSD, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, New York Slimes ... etc. ... to outdue FoxNews in the fake news area by say 100 to 1. In fact, I can't remember yelling , "bullshit!" at Foxnews, except at their liberal commentators that they have on ALL THE TIME as guests, or regulars on "The Five', etc.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Tom, there's a problem that you'll need to reflect on.
Is it that those other's put out more editorial than FOX? Or is it that the editorial presented by FOX is easier for you to accept?
This is the biggest problem. This one plays to that audience, and that one plays to another. NEITHER are presenting NEWS, they are simply presenting a editorial narrative that keeps their audience coming back.
Even Trump see's Fox as bad as the other's.
My point is not to bash FOX, CNN, etc... but rather to highlight what is MISSING from the reporting, IF it was REPORTING and not editorial. If it was NEWS, all the stations would be reporting the same thing, right?
Just something to ponder

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Guys! Please! No one said this posting was a "News Report". The complaint Tim posted that it was being..'passed off as news":
Tbeck wrote:I on the other hand am sick of all the editorial passed off as news. So I read it, discarded the obvious bias, and reasoned as to why.

is just tim going off on tangents trying to draw attention away from the Main Topic and onto himself....so he can go on one of his Rants.

He tried to do this on his very first postings here. Trying to talk about his daughter,.... and how she learned to make cakes,..Part time job,....high School....BIG BUCKS,....blah, blah, blah.
Tbeck wrote:I read where the boy's mom wasn't able to find a cake maker who would fulfill the request, but I don't see that as a refusal?
Unfortunately most baker's can't afford to pay someone with the skills to do specialty cake designs. That's why we see so many cake's with the same design and/or little plastic figures slapped on..
When that failed to make him The Center Of Attention...he is now off on a Rant about "News"...and how this Thread isn't a "News Report"

Guess what

It NEVER WAS a "News Report" in the first place.[space] It ALWAYS WAS an Editorial commentary. [space] And,...There is no FALSE narrative in the Facts reported original posting here.
Tbeck wrote:.....FAILURE of any written piece to address ALL those answers is EDITORIAL OPINION piece with a VERY deliberate GOAL of INFLUENCING the audience into acceptance of a FALSE narrative.

Guys...may I encourage you,....don't take his bait. He wants you to Stroke His Ego and chime in on his Attention Getting Boisterous typing.

Be Wise. Take the Hook out ;)

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

Dang! Can't anyone do anything anymore, something as simple as cake decorating? Heck, I was decorating cakes when just a young kid when my mom would bake someone a birthday cake and let me do the decorating. I would start out with "Happy Birthday" in the center, put the name of the recipient below that, and then just wing it with designs on the rest of it. Give it a try. And NO, I don't take orders so forgedda bout it!

[emoji2]

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, so desperate, tsk, tsk....
You even highlighted it in your opening.

It's ANOTHER bullshit piece you cut & pasted, that isn't news which is presented as news.

And you have the audacity to try AGAIN to make this about me?
So here, let me give you a taste of your own BS.

See guys, Designer is NOW trying to defend his actions of copying crap to the forum again.
Obviously he doesn't even read or comprehend the crap he's pasting, and he believes that you all are too stupid to identify for yourself what he's doing.
I am not going to do a Designer and TELL you what to think, or how to react to his BS.
Unlike Designer, I believe that the members here are wise enough to be able to make their own decisions and conclusions without being told by anyone. He must believe you all are pretty stupid that HE needs to interpret and explain someone else's posts to you.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

DING........ DING.............. DING..........END OF ROUND ONE....
Please take a 3 minute break in the action and resume in 3...2....1... [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"