Serendipitous

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Serendipitous

Post by jeffcoslacker »

I don't know if I spelled that right. Too tired to care.

I was just recently lamenting that I never see bug zappers anymore. I know I'm weird, but I could (and have) watched those for hours.

And today I was steadily losing my SHIT mentally over the scourge of little black gnats that are particularly bad this year for some reason. Starting to feel like a Tourette's sufferer, making spastic movements constantly and swearing at full volume as these bastards relentlessly try to get in my nose, in my eyes, in my mouth. In a normal home, you could just go somewhere else, where they are not. In an 18' trailer, there is no escape, aside from leaving.

I just got back from the Dollar General. I knew the General wouldn't let me down. Score!

Bring it, gnats. Got somthin' for ya. :evil:

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Re: Serendipitous

Post by BoDog »

Good luck!

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

jeffcoslacker wrote:I don't know if I spelled that right. Too tired to care.

I was just lamenting that I never see bug zappers anymore. I know I'm weird, but I could (and have) watched those for hours.

And today I was steadily losing my SHIT mentally over the scourge of little black gnats that are particularly bad this year for some reason. Starting to feel like a Tourette's sufferer, making spastic movements constantly and swearing at full volume as these bastards relentlessly try to get in my nose, in my eyes, in my mouth. In a normal home, you could just go somewhere else, where they are not. In an 18' trailer, there is no escape, aside from leaving.

I just got back from the Dollar General. I knew the General wouldn't let me down. Score!

Bring it, gnats. Got somthin' for ya. :evil:
18' trailer and a bug zapper light.... you lucky bassfish. :lolfall: I only got a 16' building with no running water, no bathroom (a camp toilet) and no real kitchen. :bonk: But when it rains I am dry and the building has electricity. Just waiting for the cold weather to come on so I can see how good the insulation they put in works with my propane heater. [emoji2]
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
18' trailer and a bug zapper light.... you lucky bassfish. :lolfall: I only got a 16' building with no running water, no bathroom (a camp toilet) and no real kitchen. :bonk: But when it rains I am dry and the building has electricity. Just waiting for the cold weather to come on so I can see how good the insulation they put in works with my propane heater. [emoji2]
I don't have running water either. I tried once but there's too much brittle plastic in here. It all needs replaced. I have a microwave, that's IT. I had a toaster oven but it took up too much space. I heat with a little tower space heater that sweeps back and forth about 120 degrees. It works well enough. This one was never intended to have a water heater or a furnace. The A/C is a window unit they kluged into a hole cut in the front above the tongue. THAT was a dumb idea. It works, but not too good. There is no insulation...they never thought anyone would be dumb enough to actually try to LIVE in it... :bonk: [emoji2]

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Well, I have an AC in the side window, a small one that keeps the place cold on low cool, going to have a propane cabinet heater when the cold weather gets here. No lines for water in place so I will have to use rain water if I ever get the rain gutters up. I use a microwave most of the time and the motor home has one of those induction burners I cook my meats on. don't have a place to put it in this building yet. If it doesn't go in the microwave it gets cooked on the induction burner in the MH. I once had a toaster oven but it came up missing when I moved from the old house I was house sitting. Hell, a lot of stuff came up missing. :hellfire:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Well, I have an AC in the side window, a small one that keeps the place cold on low cool, going to have a propane cabinet heater when the cold weather gets here. No lines for water in place so I will have to use rain water if I ever get the rain gutters up. I use a microwave most of the time and the motor home has one of those induction burners I cook my meats on. don't have a place to put it in this building yet. If it doesn't go in the microwave it gets cooked on the induction burner in the MH. I once had a toaster oven but it came up missing when I moved from the old house I was house sitting. Hell, a lot of stuff came up missing. :hellfire:
Kinda funny, I think to myself sometimes, that we (you, me, and others like us) can live nearly like savages, but still have access to the knowledge of the entire world via internet access, and often take it for granted... :blink:

I once read some little blurb in a Reader's Digest or something where an elderly lady asked her daughter what modern convenience she could not do without in her kitchen...and this young lady started thinking about the microwave, the freezer, etc. The old mom said she'd take running water every time... [emoji2]

I am SO with that....I miss that a lot. Seems like half my life is spent carrying water from place to place, putting it in buckets and jugs, pouring it OUT of buckets and jugs...etc, etc... :bang: It's such a simple thing, but SO very nice to have...

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

The trailer house I lived in had a short fat 30 gal electric water heater that I would like to put in here for my hot water. The rural water dept has told the lady that owns the land she will have to put a water meter in for ever building, trailer, or house she plans to add water to. She can't just put a water facet in the yard and run water to where ever she wants. It has to have a meter and if she gets caught running a hose to another building they will turn off her water meter. That means three meters for three building and trailers within 100 ft. They also want a $2000 membership for each meter. At least they will allow her to pay that out over 18 months with a $200 down payment. that would be why I want to set up my rain water system or to at least make it look like it is in place. :lolfall:

36 monthly payments of $135.35 for my building doesn't sound like a lot until you figure I had already made 7 payments on the old building. Jeez, three more years and this building will be mine, if I don't decide to upgrade to a bigger one. :lolfall: I've also got a little over a year left to pay on the land. Once all that is paid off I'll only have a $50 a month electric bill. :clap:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:I've also got a little over a year left to pay on the land. Once all that is paid off I'll only have a $50 a month electric bill. :clap:
Nice [emoji106]

I was looking at a cool little prefab structure a while back...it had good 2x4 framing, well-built shingled roof, and real stairs and could be ordered with thermal windows and nice exterior doors...stairs go up to a loft-style second floor and all one would have to do is lay out the plumbing and electric in the exposed walls, roll in some insulation and finish it out with drywall, would be a tight little micro-house. I love stuff like that. :cheers:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

jeffcoslacker wrote: I was looking at a cool little prefab structure a while back...it had good 2x4 framing, well-built shingled roof, and real stairs and could be ordered with thermal windows and nice exterior doors...stairs go up to a loft-style second floor and all one would have to do is lay out the plumbing and electric in the exposed walls, roll in some insulation and finish it out with drywall, would be a tight little micro-house. I love stuff like that. :cheers:
I've got a pre-made 10x16 storage building with two lofts and it is a repo. Being a repo I got a big discount and it is only $16 a month more than the 8x12 I had. But the other building had a front porch which this one doesn't. :bang: The people that owned it put in the wiring and insulation and a terrible job of paneling that really needs to be redone. At least they uses screws to put the paneling in so it won't be a headache to replace when it comes time to do that. Oh and it has some kind of carpet in it. Of course the ceiling isn't paneled but that doesn't matter all that much right now. I'm hoping to get the heater put in and the water lines ran and then start on the re-paneling job. Last winter wasn't so bad in the smaller un-insulated building so I'm hoping that even if the temps get colder this building will be warmer. I may even have to bring the handicapped lady over here if it gets too cold as she doesn't really have any heat in her 5th wheel trailer.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Might I suggest a velvet painting to go with the light...

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

JFL Live wrote:Might I suggest a velvet painting to go with the light...

That's not a proper rendering. A cheap swap meet forgery at best.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

hmm, looks like it will fit right in with the other stuff I have.

oh, oh, oh, I have a Batman towel type of thing I use as a window curtain. All you can see from the outside is the Batman symbol. :lolfall: pics, I have got to get batteries for my camera. :bang:

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

Why just watch, when you can participate:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

VRH wrote:
Why just watch, when you can participate:
You'd be surprised how effective those are...

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

VRH
Got My M1 License!

Post by VRH »

[emoji106] How far does it shoot?

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

VRH wrote:[emoji106] How far does it shoot?

Not very far at all. Have to be 12 inches or closer. Works great at point blank range though.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

VRH
Got My M1 License!

Post by VRH »

Hmmm, you can salt your food and get extra protein at the same time... :rag:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

In case anyone is wondering...this thing don't do SHIT for a flying bug problem indoors. Yeah, it has lit a few up. It IS functional, it will deliver a fatal pop to anything that strays between the grid (doesn't even have to contact it)...but as far as attracting, it's a total FAIL. As target-rich as it is here, it should be killing constantly. The fact that only a few have managed to die in it says it's no more attractive to them than any other random place they might light. :donno:

Saved ya $20.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I don't think it's job is to attract then, just kill them. Or did I read that post wrong? :Umm: [space] :soda:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:I don't think it's job is to attract then, just kill them. Or did I read that post wrong? :Umm: [space] :soda:
The blue/purple light is supposed to be a calibrated wavelength that appeals to many pest insects. But not these little bastiges I got, apparently. In reviews people said same, didn't do shit inside, but put it outside and it kills them by the ton. Go figure.