Right To Bear Arms - Can an ex-felon get it back??

Keep it civil
Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Re: Right To Bear Arms - Can an ex-felon get it back??

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

Fred wrote:Babies look innocent when they are born they have to to be able to survive. Its evolution so we look after them.

(this I agree with)

But inside that innocence is a muderer or a librarian.(or a murderous librarian ) If they start pulling legs of spiders at 4 then you deff got a prob.(or they might never harm anything with less than 6 legs their entire life.) There is no good and bad school we all sit infront of the teacher taking in the same stuff as the next kid, but interpret what is said differently. Their parents act differently as the kid sees his father back hand his mother after coming home from the pub. That kids interpretation of life is different to another.(this I agree with)

So he likes to hurt things and don't care, its common. (here you're confusing causation with coincidence)They grow up leaning to control as we all do. Some cant control turning into evil maniacs at the traffic lights and shoot some one. (also agree)

He will start to work out his path in life and possibly see that taking advantage of others is the easiest. He will not ever lose that interpretation it is how he sees it and it worked for him. Being imprisoned is a just an occupational hazard, like the annual tax bill. (agree) They say he is misunderstood. (possibly is, or may be perfectly understood)

Anger and loss of control is prevalent in America, (somewhat, though I wouldn't say only here, it's human nature, isn't it?) most citizens being on prozac etc etc and even drugs let alone alcohol, not a place for gun ownership or mass shooting are bound to occur.(deeply disagree)

Community life has developed faster than humans have been able to, leading to confusion , frustration and anger.(also agreed. Though I'd add; we aren't uncivilized as a nation because we it's armed, we are armed as a nation because it's uncivilized... We take in people from all walks of life from all over the world in a way that is unprecedented in human history. Giving opportunities to succeed, and the means to be secure in their households and persons. )
I think you are painting a picture of your poster child for gun control taking bits and pieces of several different kinds of people and trying to roll them into one. You have a right to do that, but that's the "straw man" I mentioned earlier. You make your boogie man. Get the people worked up, then set "fire" to it with laws. Very primitive act for someone who claims to be at the pinnacle of "civilization"
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Prodigal_Sun wrote: I think you are painting a picture of your poster child for gun control taking bits and pieces of several different kinds of people and trying to roll them into one. You have a right to do that, but that's the "straw man" I mentioned earlier. You make your boogie man. Get the people worked up, then set "fire" to it with laws. Very primitive act for someone who claims to be at the pinnacle of "civilization"
Who --what --you talking to me --Fred.

Pinnacle of civilization --who said that,-- I claimed that?

losing you temper is frowned upon in the east you look like a dork banging your fist on the table because your chips are cold --they will laugh at you. But in USA it means I am angry and I want something done.

Ha ha not in the Far east they will ignore you because you are a dick. If you lose your temper you lost.

So,--- no, it is not Human well not normal human.

In The East they do'nt have hypertension they have hypo tension, or irritable bowel Syndrome and they don't eat prozac like sweets.

You live in a world of shit.

SHIT means things that dont work or are not nice, could be better.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Tbeck wrote:BT, actually you're mistaken my friend. We have dozens of activist group's lobbying government to regulate weapon's, their, sale, and even who can have them.
Obamacare wasn't a government idea, it was lobbiests idea, and how many Americans voted for Barry and congressmen who would push it through? We don't live in a democracy where the majority rules.
I haven't lost any rights, have you?

So I hear you playing the blame game, but it isn't based on any fact, and it obviously couldn't be since you don't appear to even understand how our government works.
I still think you have it wrong and I will think that way till I die. I'll start with Obamacare, it was a law the people did not want but was pushed thru by a congress that didn't listen to the people that put them in office to do as the people wished. Then it took a stupid supreme court judge to claim it was a tax to make it constitutional after Obama said for years it wasn't a tax.

"I haven't lost any rights, have you? " Of course I have lost a right, where have you been hiding the last few times I have told the story about me being convicted of felony DUI, wrongly I might add? Jeez, no wonder you can't get anything straight. :bonk:

You know what, I'm falling into the same BS trap we, the board members, had on the purple board and that is arguing about nothing important and not changing anyone's mind. I think I need to take a few days away from the board to get my head back to where I can think straight.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

I'll write to Trump and see what happens.

I was craped on though. Police didn't read rights, made threats of taking my sisters children from her, and when they threw case out and handed to Feds.. The Feds said plead guilty because you'll do max time if you can't prove innocence. Feds are apparently backwards.. Guilty til proven innocent. Insane. Anyways.. I'm scared around "law enforcement" now for no reason while driving mainly. Not so much here in Clearfield PA but definitely in NY and other areas. I guess just kinda traumatized from it all. Not everyone in uniform is good. That worries me.

1sttightwad
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2008 Suzuki s83

Post by 1sttightwad »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
1sttightwad wrote:In general.. A felon can... get his right to vote and own a gun restored after 10 years of good behavior. He/she must go before a judge and have letters from friends of his/her character to have those rights restored.. I have a good friend that messed around with cocaine years ago, spent some time in the federal system, made parole, and this it the route he had to go. This made him a happy camper since his entire family hunted together. HE could hunt though ONLY with a black powder rifle, or pistol, or a bow even though he was prohibited from center fire or smokeless ammo so he didn't miss out completely.
Dave
If he's still prohibited from center-fire.. Was he really given his rights back? Sounds like they still have him locked up a little.

His rights were not restored after serving parole... He still could not vote or own a weapon that required a BATF background check.. The BATF does not regulate black powder weapons. His right to vote and own a "real" gun can only be restored by judicial fiat.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Why don't you ask the victims of your crime to write to Trump.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Fred wrote:Why don't you ask the victims of your crime to write to Trump.
There were no victims aside from me and my family after the fact.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

BT, it was something like 71% supported Obamacare, boy did you have that wrong.
It's EASY to BLAME the government, so iffin that's what you wish to take to the grave, I'm fine with that. However the PEOPLE decide and government enacts. Unfortunately those lobbying the government are not folk's you'd agree with if they frequented IsA

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

In 2010 59% of the people polled by CNN opposed obummercare. And you can damn well bet that the poll was taken of people living in dim majority areas.

I would provide a link to the poll, but you won't read it.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

At no time has unfavorable poll figures exceeded 50%

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Tbeck wrote:At no time has unfavorable poll figures exceeded 50%
Once again you are wrong.

this is from March 22, 2010

"A new CNN Opinion Research poll, conducted over the weekend as the House debated Obamacare, finds that 59 percent of Americans now stand opposed to the health care legislation in Congress. Just 39 percent of the poll’s 1,030 respondents said they favored the bill."

I am providing the link, for anyone that wants to know the truth, instead of the liberal lies.

http://dailysignal.com/2010/03/22/new-c ... obamacare/
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp1003844

If you REALLY want the numbers and breakdown rather than chicken pecking for one poll that supports your position.

That aside, the lobbiests got their way, aka the government didn't come up with the idea for the ACA, it came from public demand. (Also within the link)

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

T, your link proves you wrong about never dropping below 50% support. Table 1 NEVER shows 50% support for the law.

Table 2 has a bunch of individual subjects and how people thought about them, and there are a number of them that have less than 50% rating.

Table 3 is really interesting, There are a whole lot of separate issues that people are worse off in, AND the overall thing is that 56% said that the government is too involved in health care.

Then there is this paragraph: "In the days after enactment, two polling organizations asked specifically about the electoral impact and found that 35 to 38% of registered voters said they were more likely to vote against a candidate who supported the bill, 25 to 27% said they were more likely to vote for such a candidate, and 34 to 36% said it would not make any difference in their vote (QU; WP)."

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, you have to stop chicken pecking data you WANT and start paying attention to the WHOLE.
Go back through it again, this time read it ALL.
I provided you with ALL the polls, breakdowns by affiliation, viewers, and questions. You'll find I am correct.