Where will you be on August 21?

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: Where will you be on August 21?

Post by RoadKing »

I'm gonna be on the moon cuz I think it's a lot safer than being on the sun cuz I don't have a pair of those solar glasses.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

JFL Live wrote: If I was already blind, I might try filing a lawsuit... :evil:
:ahha: I could poke ya in the eyes with a sharp stick if it would help eh. Anything for a bro... [emoji106]

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Cuban wrote:
:ahha: I could poke ya in the eyes with a sharp stick if it would help eh. Anything for a bro... [emoji106]

You know, if I had a long lost brother.... I think he might look like you. :lolfall:
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

JFL Live wrote: You know, if I had a long lost brother.... I think he might look like you. :lolfall:
... We are two wild and crazy guys! :lolfall:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Cuban wrote:
... We are two wild and crazy guys! :lolfall:

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

JFL Live wrote:
Yep. [emoji106] (and it's even one American and one Canadian...)

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

The wife and I will be in St Catharines ON the 21st having lunch with one of my wife's childhood family friends. The friend owns a large farm in Saskatchewan, but will be in Ontario for a couple days. Since they haven't seen each other since kids, it's a rare opportunity. They have reconnected on Facebook. The power of social media.

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

I dunno, just can't seem to get worked up about it. Have a bad case of ennui concerning the eclipse. Now if the earth, moon, and sun were on a collision path, then .................

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Tbeck wrote:The wife and I will be in St Catharines ON the 21st having lunch with one of my wife's childhood family friends. The friend owns a large farm in Saskatchewan, but will be in Ontario for a couple days. Since they haven't seen each other since kids, it's a rare opportunity. They have reconnected on Facebook. The power of social media.
Even that far away, you'll see .77, not too shabby. It will definitely get weirdly dim around lunchtime and a farm could be fun...animals really get punked by eclipses...it's funny. Dogs get all nervous, chickens will sometimes go back in the coop, cows start ambling back to the barn but then look confused when it starts getting light again...etc. :lmao:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

My solar glasses finally came in!!! [emoji106]

Just kidding, here's my real solar glasses...

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Doing some more practicing taking pictures of the sun. This looks like the best I can do. ISO 100 - Shutter 1/200 - F/10 - FL/500

Hope it's clear out on Monday!

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

JFL Live wrote:Doing some more practicing taking pictures of the sun. This looks like the best I can do. ISO 100 - Shutter 1/200 - F/10 - FL/500

Hope it's clear out on Monday!

those are really good... :blink:

:cheers: :clap:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Kansas is currently shitting cloud cover right down our eclipse airspace...God how I hate them. My first act as King will be to declare war and turn the place into public parking... :hellfire:

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

jeffcoslacker wrote: Kansas is currently shitting cloud cover right down our eclipse airspace...God how I hate them. My first act as King will be to declare war and turn the place into public parking... :hellfire:

Up here we often have soooo much cloud cover... but today it's a big beautiful blue sky day! [emoji2]

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Cuban wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote: Kansas is currently shitting cloud cover right down our eclipse airspace...God how I hate them. My first act as King will be to declare war and turn the place into public parking... :hellfire:

Up here we often have soooo much cloud cover... but today it's a big beautiful blue sky day! [emoji2]
Well the good news is the clouds are pulling out of our region here, so while taking a drive north to see totality is a wash, I should get a decent 98% here with no problem.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

There is no place I would rather be for this event than Nashville! Don't know if it will even be an event here in Upstate.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:There is no place I would rather be for this event than Nashville! Don't know if it will even be an event here in Upstate.
You will get enough to notice something weird happening...over the next few hours. Already got a piece missing here, and the wavelength has shifted to a much more yellowish in the last 20 mins... :clap:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

So, what are the odds of this? The moon is seemingly the exact right size and perfect distance from us that when it totally eclipses the sun the two seem to show the seemingly exact circumference! I think that is pretty wild!
Signifying nothing”

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

So weird, standing outside, in seemingly full sunlight yet it is without any heat and dim....disorienting and disturbing, in a strange way...creepy...can see where people were really frightful back when they didn't know what it was. Would seem like the End of Days or something :eek:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I was outside hoping to see my shadow disappear and the dogs go nuts.... but nothing happened. It didn't get dim, my shadow stays the same and the dogs just looked at me like I was nuts for standing out in the hot sunlight. :bang: [space] :lolfall: It was just another normal Monday around here. :blink:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree: