Where will you be on August 21?

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: Where will you be on August 21?

Post by jeffcoslacker »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:I was outside hoping to see my shadow disappear and the dogs go nuts.... but nothing happened. It didn't get dim, my shadow stays the same and the dogs just looked at me like I was nuts for standing out in the hot sunlight. :bang: [space] :lolfall: It was just another normal Monday around here. :blink:
Wow. You got about 85%+ reduction in sunlight where you are, and you couldn't tell? :bonk:

Weird.

At about 20-25% I could easily notice the light getting dimmer, and shifting to longer wavelengths. And it just got better from there...It didn't get dark here, by any means, but as dim as around 8:30 in the evening or so currently. If it had been any darker, I would have had to turn a light on to see what I was typing inside the trailer, I'll put it that way...that's with the curtains shut, but they are white and kinda translucent.

And speaking of hot sunlight...by the time it was 50% or so I could tell the difference in radiant energy easily. I'd been outside all morning, the sun was baking me. During that hour or so it had no teeth to it and the inside of the trailer even actually cooled down pretty well. That usually doesn't happen on full sun days.

This was your coverage, if you live where your profile says you do.

You're not like legally blind or anything, are ya? :lmao:

PS...my dog ALMOST didn't acknowledge it at all...but she did want to go outside near totality, usually she just wants to lie around in the A/C when it's hot out. We went out, she looked around a bit, didn't seem too perturbed...but then looked up at the sun, and let off a couple of the barks she does when "issuing a challenge"...concerned, but not in defense mode. Then I guess she figured she did her job, came back in and plopped in front of the A/C again...

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I'm not sure what happened, except for the fact that nothing happened. :bang: You would think the sunlight would get dimmer like it does when the sun goes behind a cloud, but that didn't even happen. I was outside from 11:00 am to almost 2:00 pm. So I should have seen something. I am totally disappointed that I missed this once in a lifetime event. :cry: [space] :bang: [space] It was a bunch of :bs: to me. :soda:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Got any pics,JFL?

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

The last time I was this excited for something that only lasted two minutes I was married. [emoji2]

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

franktiregod wrote:The last time I was this excited for something that only lasted two minutes I was married. [emoji2]
It last longer if you get the wife to do it for you. :lolfall:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
franktiregod wrote:The last time I was this excited for something that only lasted two minutes I was married. [emoji2]
It last longer if you get the wife to do it for you. :lolfall:

:lmao: :lmao:

NOW you tell me.