Some days you are the windshield

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Some days you are the windshield

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

and some days you are the bug. Today I feel like the bug. I lost my T-bag as I was passing an 18 wheeler on the way to town. I got off to get gas and some guy in a box truck pulled up next to me and said "You lost your bag back there." I turned around to see what he was pointing at and sure enough my t-bag was missing. I said thanks and went ahead and got my fuel since the Loves was only about 300 ft away. I then went back to see where I had lost it and it was laying out in the middle of traffic. So I waited for a safe spot to go get it and there wasn't much left that was usable. Hell there wasn't anything usable about it. If I ever get road rash I hope I look better than that bag did. :eek: So I cleaned out the pockets and set it back behind the guard rail and went back to town. On the way into town I saw my little riding buddy laying on the side of the road. I decided I would pick it up on the way home since I didn't have a way to attach it to the bike.

Did my grocery shopping, I had to get a whole lot less since I didn't have a way to carry it home and then I went to find my buddy. It was still laying along side the road so I crossed the road and picked it up. When I got back to the bike I noticed I had a couple of those small bungy cords on the handle bar so I used then to attach it to the bike on the plate I had the bag sitting on. The only thing I saw wrong with my buddy was it had an eye missing. I guess it could have been worse than it was. :Umm: Thank God the day is almost over with and then I get to see how well the puppy is going to handle being alone with me tonight. :bonk: All she has been doing is whining for her little playmate. :donno:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Some days you are the windshield

Post by Designer »

Gosh :blink: ,.....When I read the title, I was hoping I'd hear something a bit different,.. :uhh:

I keep hearing trial after trial in your life. :cry:

I too, recently went through 7 years of trials and tribulations that tested my soul to its very core....so I think I can relate. :bow:

As My Friends did for me, I will say prayers for you and your Strength in dealing with your current Life Situation. :bow:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I don't think it is as bad as it sounds, but these little thing are starting to add up and take their toll. I look at it this way... I am alive and well, I now have a solid roof over my head that I can call home, food to eat, a bike to ride even if it is falling apart :lol: and people that care about me. I imagine other people have things going on in their lives but they don't talk about it like I do. I think it is best to get it out in the open and not hold it inside till it getting too big to do something about. The true test will come this winter when it snows and I can't ride the bike. Which reminds me I need to get the van trans leak fixed asap. I think all it is is a leak in the rubber hose going to the trans cooler. Should be a simple fix. :blink:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Hang In John.....it always looks worse before the storm hits......and then it passes
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Come on guys, you know I'm not going to let a little thing like losing a $300 t-bag bother me. :hellfire: After all it was the one the insurance paid for. :lolfall: Now I do have to figure out a way to put something back there to hold things in when I go shopping on the bike? I guess I could start hauling the trailer around again. It has plenty of room for stuff. :Umm:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

The older we become the more the old lines hit home. :bonk: When you got your health you got every thing more so. Doing the 900+ day last year at age 69 made me feel so good for awhile but then hit me. Just one of my real good days.Still ride every day and am thank full for that.Lots of my riding friends from 60s,70s, are long gone now but made lots more. Lots of other old and young riders make for a close bond through motor cycles.We planned one more ride this AM for next week doing the BlueRidgeParkway again. :cheers: Drag out the winter sleep bag this time. [emoji2]

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
Now I do have to figure out a way to put something back there to hold things in when I go shopping on the bike?
To bad this didn't happen a couple of months ago. I had two T-Bags for sissy bars that I gave away to a couple young guys at work. On the other hand I still have one bag left that's been up in my attic since 2012. It's made for the back seat of a Harley. It only has a couple small straps at the top and bottom but maybe that's enough to strap it to your rack or maybe you can add straps to it. It is completely water proof without a rain fly. If you're interested in it, it's yours. Just send me a PM with an address I can send it to...

Road Ready Ultra Tour Bag

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

It's just a bit of a financial setback. Get another tbag.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I have a small cutting board back there I had the bag sitting on. Not sure how it came off as the snaps are still on the bike and not broken. :blink: