DO YOU RIDE A MOTORCYCLE

Keep it civil
HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

DO YOU RIDE A MOTORCYCLE

Post by HARRIS »

Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: DO YOU RIDE A MOTORCYCLE

Post by old time rider »

Saw that on tv awhile back. Fourty years ago would have loved a try at sky dive but not just a net!

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

I've sky dived a few times but I'll never understand what this guy did. OK, it was cool for 1 minute...and then what???
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I'm sorry...........but jumping out of a perfectly good airplane is not on my bucket list :blink:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:I'm sorry...........but jumping out of a perfectly good airplane is not on my bucket list :blink:
My thoughts exactly.

When my brother was 22 he took the skydiving lessons, did 2 jumps and was going to do a third jump.

He said, " I was standing in the door getting ready to jump when I thought, why am I jumping out of an airplane that is still under control and flying. I turned around and sat back down. Never even thought about doing it again."

:cheers:
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

So, whatever floats the boat ... he is in a club of one I suppose now. That is not something I would even contemplate doing. Ever.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

So wtf was that all about? Landing in a net after jumping out of an airplane at 18,000 ft? :eek:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

The TV show it was on was to set the record for highest jump with out a cute.The net had to be just right to give enough with out making ground.Of course a half hour of build up to see the few minutes just shown.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

old time rider wrote:The TV show it was on was to set the record for highest jump with out a cute.The net had to be just right to give enough with out making ground.Of course a half hour of build up to see the few minutes just shown.

Oh he did have an emergency chute on ...it was on his chest.....just in case things went south and he couldn't hit the intended target.. :bonk:
I'm assuming the conditions were perfect for the jump...very little wind...perfect temps...etc etc before he jumped...
But still trying to hit such a small target from 25K feet is quite an accomplishment in itself....something I wouldn't do even for a million bucks [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"