A couple of pics (2)

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

A couple of pics (2)

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

of what my camp site looks like and a few more pics of our place. Plus two pics of an ant hill. :lolfall: Oh and I know I always forget to reset the date on the imprint. :bonk: That should hold you over till I can get new batteries for the camera as the ones in it have died. RIP batteries. Image
My camp site,

my solar panels,

her trailers, ( you never seem to see the dog while taking the pic :lol: )

side view of her trailer,

the ant hill,

ant hill pic 2
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: A couple of pics (2)

Post by old time rider »

Guess we can call you CALF as BULL was first in ...call of the wild ..... on the old board. If you dig your digs that makes for a happy home. :cheers: Are you renting out two of them or waiting for the next first lady to open the borders up more and rent go up? Bet twenty little people would fit in the big one! [emoji106]

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Everything you see front the rear wheels of my van to the left of the pic isn't mine. The land I am buying is to the back of the van. The only things I own are in the My camp site pic. The two trailers belong to the handicapped lady. At the present time she is staying in the travel trailer to the left in the pic. Also if you notice there is no meter in the box on the electric pole between the two trailers as the electric company said they couldn't use it because then they would have been responsible for it and it's upkeep. So they made her pay $1165 to put a transformer and meter box on their pole behind the trailer. :bonk: The one electric bill I saw was $64 and that was for July I think. Anyway it was for a month she ran the AC everyday from 14 to 18 hours a day. :eek:

You can just call me Little bull. :lolfall: [space] Maybe I need to name the place SNAFU ACRES 2. :lmao:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Dang, she's got money!...That 5th wheel is a damn mansion compared to the class C I was living in when I was in WA.
Even that travel trailer would have been a step up, lots of room there too!

Is that solar panel (I see there's two) working out for you? What are the specs for it?

And, gee....doesn't the electric co have to maintain the box that's located on THEIR pole vs the same box that could have been mounted on your/her pole? I think the transformer thing had more to do with it than anything else. They are lazy.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

Yep Altus Ok. we had electric pole with meter on it that belonged to us. If the pole came down it was all our responsibility and cost to put it back up. Funny thing is that big ice storm we had in, I think it was 2010, our pole was the only one left standing up and down the road. There was one pole straight across the road from us that was still standing but when they disconnected the line from our pole it fell down too. :lmao:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

YoDude wrote:Dang, she's got money!...That 5th wheel is a damn mansion compared to the class C I was living in when I was in WA.
Even that travel trailer would have been a step up, lots of room there too!

Is that solar panel (I see there's two) working out for you? What are the specs for it?

And, gee....doesn't the electric co have to maintain the box that's located on THEIR pole vs the same box that could have been mounted on your/her pole? I think the transformer thing had more to do with it than anything else. They are lazy.

Yo-
Yo, she's as broke or broker than I am, we both are drawing SS each month and about the same amount.

But to answer your question about the panels. Yes there are two 100 watts each and they do just fine for what I need. I also have a 3000 watt inverter. There are a few days I wish I had the generator gassed up and ready to use, but I learn to not use the fan so much or get off the laptop earlier on those days or plug the extension cord plugged into the inverter to the house power cord I use for my small dorm sized refrigerator. The way I figure it I need two more panels and two more 6 volt golf cart batteries. That would give me 4 panels and 4 6 volt batteries. The 4 golf cart batteries will equal 2 twelve volt batteries. The panels and batteries are around $100 each. So I am looking at $400 more to get the electric set up I want. Once the storage building gets here I can put the batteries and 3000 watt inverter in it and run my extension cords to it. I can also put the solar panels on the front porch so it will face the sun at noon and during the afternoon. I think Bull would be proud of my little setup :clap: (SNAFU ACRES 2). :lol:

edit: to add a link to the solar panels and batteries.

panels: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251814310533

batteries: https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/sligc110