Test ride

Keep it civil
MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Test ride

Post by MattSunn »

Got an opportunity to test ride a Victory Octane today. Victory, Indian and Yamaha were at a Delmarva Bike Week venue allowing test rides. The Scout I've already had a chance to test and nothing in Yamaha's lineup appealed to me, so I decided to try out an Octane. Great motor, excellent transmission and good handling for a bike that sits that low. Bike is quick. Didn't like the jack knife riding position, but the seat was better than the stock Indian Scout seat. The Octane I rode had the accessory 2-1 exhaust and a set of piggyback shocks. The 2-1 exhaust burnt my leg even with the heat shield and the shocks were too stiff resulting in a "dribbling basketball" type of ride. Also, the shocks weren't very effective over sharp edged bumps, almost like riding a hardtail. Take the motor and trans and put it in a more standard style chassis and I'd be a buyer.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Test ride

Post by Herb »

I haven't got to test ride the octane, yet, but I have looked at them. Nice looking bike, overall. My wife would never let me buy it with out a few changes, and there are a few that I would need done also.

My wife says I can't have a bike that doesn't have a back seat and some type of backrest for her.

:sad:
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.