Out

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Out

Post by Tbeck »

Was in the low 40's yesterday so I got the bike out. I still need to reset the computer extortion reminder but she's all ready to go for another season.
I ordered a Sargent seat for it from RevZilla. I have to send my RDL in to be rebuilt and recovered but the rebuild dates are clear out to summer and I don't want to be waiting for the RDL to come back with only the stock seat's which are terrible during the best riding months. I had a used Sargent I tried and it was pretty comfortable so the new saddles should work in the interim.
Anyhow bike's out to start the season.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Out

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

My Trike is scheduled for it's 3500 mile oil and filter change and the usual going over especially the tires and the trannny.
I call it the Spring round up :ShitGrinandThumb: At my age I still do my own maintenance, although oil and filter changes are getting to be a hassle without a lift.
It's that getting up off the ground that bothers me :lmao: but until I find a better way I'm stuck with it.
I'm averaging a tad bit over 8K a year with local trips with one trip ( 217 miles distant) to Shreveport, LA for a HOG rally as the longest trip so far on the Trike.
Looking ahead a bit there are no No long distance trips in the works. Maybe a trip to Harrison, Arkansas or maybe to Big Bend National Park, in southwest Texas..
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Out

Post by Tbeck »

SJ, I am wishful that the surgery in December has fixed the legs falling asleep issue. Won't know until I can take the bike on my traditional coffee runs. If it didn't correct it I will be forced to pack in riding and sell the bike. I hardly rode last summer because it was simply too dangerous. I don't recall if I mentioned it but the plugged up arteries in my legs made my lower leg fall asleep. But it wasn't the usual fall asleep but rather complete loss of feeling. I couldn't feel my lower leg and foot at all particularly the right. My foot would flop around like it wast attached and I wasn't able to bear any weight on it. I would simply fall over if I tried. Fortunately the beemer brakes front and rear from the front lever because I couldn't feel the rear brake lever to apply it, and I would have to make sure I could stop with only my left foot down. Just too risky.
Bit of luck it's fixed and I can get back to a few long rides.