PHIL MIGHT HAVE BEEN RIGHT

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

PHIL MIGHT HAVE BEEN RIGHT

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Unseasonable weather for us this time of year, as we are usually in the deep freezer.
But I'm not complaining, although with the recent rainfall totals local golf courses are cart path only for at least a week :bonk:
What's your weather outlook?

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: PHIL MIGHT HAVE BEEN RIGHT

Post by Tbeck »

I don't think ole Phil has much say since he's been commercialized. Don't get me wrong, I like the prediction but Farmer's Almanac pretty much got this winter correct long ago.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

mon-51/36

Tues-42/36

Wed-43/34

Thurs-42/32

Fri-38/33

Sat-39/31

Sun-42/31
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Herb wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:21 pm
mon-51/36

Tues-42/36

Wed-43/34

Thurs-42/32

Fri-38/33

Sat-39/31

Sun-42/31

That's why I'm glad the Good Lord allowed me to be born in His Country :ShitGrinandThumb:

We may have to dodge an occasional hurricane every few years which sort of rearranges our meager possessions,
but it's a small price to pay to allow us to ride 316 days out of the year!
Plus the food is great and we have our own distinctive Cajun culture :cheers:
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

IF ... PHIL COULD READ THE FARMER'S ALMANAC, HE COULD BE COME A GREAT PREDICTOR ...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

We're having above normal temperatures here in the deep south, which is not entirely unusual hereabouts. But the pattern of perfect weekdays for honey-do's and such the weekends aren't quite adding up for ideal riding conditions. But the pattern is the same as most years past..every seven to eight days a so a cool or cold front comes storming down from the tundra with tornados, high winds and plenty of the wet stuff.
Now that pattern has snuck in and making for some serious consideration for saddle time on the weekends. :bonk: Sad part of it is that it's going to continue with this pattern until spring time which should be arriving here in the middle of next month or so..
But we're thankful were not knee deep in the white stuff :ShitGrinandThumb:

We rode yesterday attending a Patriot Guard ride in a city about 75 miles from home..Was a good turn out with 12 bikes present and accounted for.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I watch the national news weather and they say we are in high temp conditions but the local weather says we are running temps 10 degrees below normal.

WTF is going on?
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

We got a mild winter taking place here. So far only one good snow event. The temperature however has been all over the place. Was almost 60 two day's ago and now we're back in the 20's, brrrr. It's supposed to do the up/down temperature thing right through until March. That said I am not complaining because I'm still able to go to the creek and catch some steelhead without having to break the ice :ShitGrinandThumb:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Ole Phil is getting it right here in the deep south. Perfect riding and golf weather coming up :ShitGrinandThumb: