My Bike: Sportsters

Interesting take on the upcoming election

Post by MattSunn »

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Interesting take on the upcoming election

Post by Tbeck »

He touches on some interesting stuff, the most likely spoiler is Kennedy. He's popular across the parties. If he is as common sense as he appears at speaking engagements he could well pull off an upset even running as an independent. The democratic party hates him, which is probably as good of a reason as any to keep an eye on him.
I also think the Republican party has a problem. Yes Trump polls well, but I am not sure he's got enough support nation wide to get elected.
Democrat's have a problem because nobody including loyal democrats think Joe should run for reelection and as pointed out, Kamala is worse yet. Newsom is very unpopular nationally. He might cut it in CA but not elsewhere.
Should be another interesting election cycle.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Overall he is right, I don't see Joe making it to the next term and Kamala would never get elected. I like Kennedy but would rather see him in a Trump Cabinet position like Health and Human Services or, if you really want to unleash him, the Director of the CIA. Wouldn't that be a kick in pants? Newsome has already destroyed San Francisco and California so anyone that would vote for him is an idiot.

My second choice, other than Trump, is Vivek Ramaswamy, he can think for himself and is a smart guy. I don't agree with everything he has ever said or done but he seems to have what it takes to lead the government. But, I would rather see him start off in a Cabinet position like Secretary of State, Interior or Commerce and he would be fine as VP but his skills would be more useful in another position. Then he could run again in '28.

These people on both sides keep mentioning the possibility of Trump going to prison and they are all dumb as fuck. For one if he did go to jail it may well set off a chain of events that no politician wants to deal with. But the easier answer is to just look at the statement the Secret Service put out. Trump has Secret Service protection for life and there is no precedence to take it away. So if he did go to jail the Secret Service would have to take over an entire wing of a prison just to hold one guy, all at tax payer expense. This was already brought up when Trump was arraigned in GA since there was no guarantee the judge would set bail that day. It just would not make sense in an already overcrowded prison system, so this would never happen. At worst he would be put on house arrest in Mar-a-Lago then spend the rest of his days having parties and playing golf.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt, good points but let me take the Trump thing a different path. First Donald would have had to break a law. To the best of anyone's knowledge that hasn't happened. If he had you can bet he'd already be sitting in jail. Best case scenario a prosecutor could prove that some Trump employee did or said something that could be construed to be illegal. However the prosecutor would have to prove that the person acted under direct orders from Trump himself. Otherwise it's just hearsay and you can't convict on that.
The GA thing is laughable and it should have been thrown out from the start. Saying something like I need you to find votes isn't a crime. Now if Trump had said he'd pay for him to find votes, that would be criminal, but didn't happen.
Here's what my thoughts are. Biden should go to a nursing home. Kamala should just go away and stay gone. Trump should have stepped aside after the last election and been content that he had been the president, instead of letting his ego get in the way.
I like Trump and I like the things he did as president, but I also think he shouldn't be in the race again. Too many negative thing's surrounding him that will just lead to 4 more year's of divisive politics.
JMO

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Trump is a canny businessman and would no doubt help the economy. He would be a great treasurer (or something along those lines) but as stated his ego makes him want to be a leader which is not one of his strengths when it comes to POTUS. You have to be a people leader first of all and not just a business leader.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:31 pm
Sgt, good points but let me take the Trump thing a different path. First Donald would have had to break a law. To the best of anyone's knowledge that hasn't happened. If he had you can bet he'd already be sitting in jail. Best case scenario a prosecutor could prove that some Trump employee did or said something that could be construed to be illegal. However the prosecutor would have to prove that the person acted under direct orders from Trump himself. Otherwise it's just hearsay and you can't convict on that.
The GA thing is laughable and it should have been thrown out from the start. Saying something like I need you to find votes isn't a crime. Now if Trump had said he'd pay for him to find votes, that would be criminal, but didn't happen.
Here's what my thoughts are. Biden should go to a nursing home. Kamala should just go away and stay gone. Trump should have stepped aside after the last election and been content that he had been the president, instead of letting his ego get in the way.
I like Trump and I like the things he did as president, but I also think he shouldn't be in the race again. Too many negative thing's surrounding him that will just lead to 4 more year's of divisive politics.
JMO
I never said that Trump committed a crime and I don't believe he did. He may have done business in a grey area but if we start down that road almost every large business owner would be on trial. I am just sick of the nonsense statements of people who believe he could actually go to jail. Sure if he goes ballistic and starts spraying at a rally or becomes an ax murderer I'm sure there is a chance. But for the things he is charged with there is no chance. By the way same goes for Biden, he may get charged someday but, will never spend a day in prison.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Nope Sgt you didn't and my apologies if you believed I was implying that with my response. I believe that you and I are probably coming from the same place regarding Trump's alleged illegal activities. He didn't break any law's but he did some thing's that could be used to suggest he had.