Big Picture

Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Big Picture

Post by Herb »

I really don't give a damn what other countries are doing. This is the United States and we DO NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW WHAT THE BASSACKWARDS COUNTRIES ARE DOING.

Yess these things are happening globally, mostly because of the UN, that doesn't mean we have to follow their shit.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Herb wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:36 pm
I really don't give a damn what other countries are doing. This is the United States and we DO NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW WHAT THE BASSACKWARDS COUNTRIES ARE DOING.

Yess these things are happening globally, mostly because of the UN, that doesn't mean we have to follow their shit.
Hopefully Elon can soon find another planet to populate seeing we're fucking this one up the behind.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Interesting article that addresses this subject. This is why we need to dump all of the globalist organizations, should have done it 20 years, or more, ago.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/1 ... 2023-12-15

Leo Hohmann: The Collapse of the American Empire
By Guest Contributor Dec. 14, 2023 6:00 pm357 Comments
TruthTweetShareGettrGabTelegram

Globalists on a mission: Turn Americans against each other before a foreign power is called in to finish the job
Obama’s new Hollywood movie is very instructive: They are telling us their plans

This article originally appeared on Leo Hohmann’s Substack and was republished with permission.

The globalists believe it’s supremely important to utterly and very publicly destroy the United States of America. Not because America is some bastion of freedom and democracy. It isn’t. Over the last roughly 100 years, America’s major institutions have been infiltrated and completely taken over: government, healthcare, financial and corporations, the mass media, education, law enforcement and the courts, the military, and 90 percent of the churches and synagogues — all have come under the influence and control of the globalist agenda....
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

More of the "Big Picture" and why it needs to be stopped.

https://lcaction.org/detail/231215-the- ... nter-storm

The Impending Winter Storm...
Dec 15, 2023

The global climate summit, COP28, just finished with an appalling conclusion. Their goal is to transition "away from fossil fuels" to "achieve net zero" carbon emissions by 2023.

These are not empty threats. During the presidential debates, this is exactly what Joe Biden warned us that he would do ... he promised to "transition from the oil industry."

Now he is making good on these words. However, this will completely cripple America and bring us to the poverty level of a Third World country.

I’ll share the specific tenets of COP28 below and how this agreement is directly in line with what is also happening at the World Health Organization (WHO). The new Pandemic Treaty explicitly pushes climate change....

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Navigator did the legislator vote on the safe act and inevitably pass it? Yes and republicans voted for it as well? Yes! So as I said, NOTHING gets passed into law without BOTH sides.
Herb what exactly is a Rino other than a Republican who votes in a way you disapprove of? I'll tell you what, I'll take the guy or gal who votes based on the desires of his/her constituents any day over the guy who stands with the PARTY. If you believe differently, well that would make you part of the problem. You see it ISN'T global elitists or the Rino's destroying the USA, it's actually those PARTY line politicians who are NOT abiding by their Constitutional Duties. They represent YOU and ME and when they fail to vote as you or I want them to they've violated their duties They don't work for the PARTY, they work for US.

Cuban, agreed :wink:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Gotta say I find that whole RINO name calling thing pretty funny.

And that whole thing about covert drafting of legislation in NYC and how they didn't consult with gun advocacy groups - when the vote was in agreement of the legislation anyway? That's a bit like someone bitching about how I didn't speak to Honda before I bought a new Suzuki :lmao:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

hillsy the political PARTY had to come up with a BUZZ word that people on the PARTY train would associate with and repeat. So what better name than Rino AKA Republican in name only.
I guess that would make Donald a Rino? Since he routinely got in it with the PARTY for agreeing with the democrats.

Here's the thing about our current 2 party system;
First it doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is not what most average Joe's think. It doesn't work because in a 2 party system you have to have extremes. Extreme right and extreme left. UNFORTUNATELY we have about 90% of our congress sitting in the MODERATE category. Moderate with right leaning and moderate with left leans.
So what does that mean exactly. For a 2 party system to work you need the aforementioned extremes BECAUSE they cancel each other out. The only time they don't is when something REALLY needs to be legislated and both sides agree to compromises to get it done. That means very FEW new laws get passed by Congress.
Under the current moderate scenario legislation is a run away train, and whoever has the most votes wins. The taxpayer looses.
So given 90 of Congress is moderate, there's actually very FEW hard right republicans and a WHOLE lot of Rino's.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:55 pm

And that whole thing about covert drafting of legislation in NYC and how they didn't consult with gun advocacy groups - when the vote was in agreement of the legislation anyway? That's a bit like someone bitching about how I didn't speak to Honda before I bought a new Suzuki :lmao:
Not how it happened.
The Safe act was enacted when Cuomo exercised a "Message of Necessity" this provision allows a bill to be passed in one day (overnight) instead of waiting for the three day waiting period required by the NYS constitution.
Therefore the public and many legislatures had no notice that it happened. Being January, many were on break and couldn't vote.
It was introduced into both chambers under a message of necessity on the night[/u] of January 14, 2013 and signed into law the next day.
Rammed down our throats while we were sleeping, and legislators were not all present.
Wake up in the morning, watch the 6 am. news, only to find that millions of New Yorkers who had owned legal firearms yesterday became criminals overnight.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

navigator wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:24 am
hillsy v2 wrote:

Stupid comparison of apples and oranges.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Herb wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:22 am
navigator wrote:
hillsy v2 wrote:

Stupid comparison of apples and oranges.
You will just bitch about ANYTHING.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

navigator wrote:

Wake up in the morning, watch the 6 am. news, only to find that millions of New Yorkers who had owned legal firearms yesterday became criminals overnight.

Can elaborate on that claim?

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Nav, I have searched high and low and can't find any information for what you claim about the passage of the safe act. So you have a source?
On a similar note the US Congress with bipartisan support passed new gun measures. Who would have thought? :Cool:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:51 pm
navigator wrote:

The SAFE Act expanded the definition of prohibited assault weapons. Whereas the 2000 law prohibited semi-automatic center-fire weapons that accommodate detachable magazines and have two or more specified military-like features (e.g., folding stock, second grip, bayonet mount, flash suppressor), the SAFE Act prohibited semi-automatics with one or more military-like feature.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:21 pm
Nav, I have searched high and low and can't find any information for what you claim about the passage of the safe act. So you have a source?
On a similar note the US Congress with bipartisan support passed new gun measures. Who would have thought? :Cool:
You didn't search hard enough.
"message of necessity"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Nav, I did search hard enough. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't have a source, or you would have linked it. So link it or quit whining

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

navigator wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:28 pm
hillsy v2 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:51 pm
navigator wrote:

The SAFE Act expanded the definition of prohibited assault weapons. Whereas the 2000 law prohibited semi-automatic center-fire weapons that accommodate detachable magazines and have two or more specified military-like features (e.g., folding stock, second grip, bayonet mount, flash suppressor), the SAFE Act prohibited semi-automatics with one or more military-like feature.
Yeah but there would have been an amnesty period where these items could be sold off or surrendered - so the idea that you are now a criminal overnight isn't correct. I know there was a 12 month amnesty on magazines but I didn't read anywhere about the other changes.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

MOST POLITICIANS PROMISE WHATEVER TO SECURE FUNDS AND RE ELECTION VOTES, AND THEN LEGISLATE

THEIR IDEALS, FORGETTING THEY WERE TO REPRESENT THEIR PEOPLE BACK HOME'S WISHES. THE FEW WHO DO WHAT THEY PROMISED

THE PEOPLE BACK HOME ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN. THAT 'S THE CORE OF THE PROBLEM TODAY. AMERICANS TRY TO APPEASE TO MANY " OTHERS ",

CATERING TO THE WRONG CROWD. THE SPIRIT OF AMERICA THAT MADE US WHAT WE HAVE HAS BEEN HIJACKED BY TOO MANY WHO DO NOT HAVE

WHAT MADE US GREAT IN THE FIRST PLACE ... WE HAVE LOST OUR WAY AND GIVEN IN TO THE WRONG IDEALS
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

HARRIS, you are correct. Anyone who believes that our congress is made up of persons there to represent their constituents or to perform their civic duty is fooling themselves. They may initially go with the intent but that goes right out the window in just weeks.
I always think about that movie Evan Almighty and how they present the going on in DC.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:15 pm
Nav, I did search hard enough. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't have a source, or you would have linked it. So link it or quit whining
Already did.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

navigator wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:58 am
Tbeck wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:15 pm
Already did.
T demands others link a source but has refused, many times, to provide a proof source.