College Degree?

Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: College Degree?

Post by Designer »

Timmy.....lets set the record straight here. :space: My pointing out THE TRUTH about YOUR UN-CALLED FOR ATTACK on Herb's Article is not argument. :space: Had you acted as would a reasonable adult,...and seen THE TRUTH in what I posted,.....there would have been no problems. :space: :dunno:

It became argument only when YOU chose to TRY TO deny ....THAT TRUTH,... about YOUR NEEDLESS ATTACK......and instead tried to defend the indefensible.
Designer wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:07 pm
Tbeck wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:11 pm
For the record it's a USELESS article. I could have told you that college has become a complete waste of money. .....
But,...YOU DIDN'T . :space: :dunno:

So Herb posting as he did is hardly a,...."useless" ...Article in light of your lack of saying anything about the subject, eh? :Umm:

Thanks again Herb for your diligence in posting Timely and Newsworthy Articles. :space: I read them all. :ShitGrinandThumb: .

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Here let's clear it up once and for all.

First off I didn't attack Herb or his post in any way shape or form I stayed my opinion which is EXACTLY what forums are for.

Secondly, WHO in the Hell do YOU think you are, and who GAVE you the AUTHORITY to act as the forum police? NOBODY!
So step your damn fingers away from the keyboard and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
ANYONE with a REPUTATION for stirring up shit like you have, probably needs about a 6 month break from the forum, BECAUSE YOU are out of control and HAVE been for TOO long.

Need any PROOF? How many members have left or entirely quit the forum because of me ? EXACTLY NONE!
NOW how MANY have you driven off?? NO need to answer YoDude knows the answer, and if it was JUST one it would be too many but it's far exceeded that.
Now get back in your OWN lane where you should stay.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

And, last time I checked, Herb is a big boy and can take care of himself.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

sgtcall wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:23 pm
And, last time I checked, Herb is a big boy and can take care of himself.
I blocked T and the aussi troll a long time ago. I am to a point in my life that I don't suffer fools and liars. I refuse to get into a back and forth of personal attacks. Some of the things that those 2 idiots called me, on this board, would have been fight city if they had the guts to stand in front of me and say it to my face.

My blood pressure and peace of mind are much better when I refuse to pay attention to their stupidity.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Yep sure you've blocked us :lmao:
Oh and anything I would say on the forum, I would have no problem saying to anyone's face. I don't say stuff here I'm not willing to back up.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

I still can't believe a supposedly grown adult has to block people on an internet forum so he can cope :lmao:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/1 ... 2023-12-08

COMING SOON: ‘STATE OF DENIAL: ARIZONA’ Documentary Exposes Fraud in Kari Lake and Abe Hamadeh’s Stolen Elections Where 60% of Machines Failed – (TRAILER)

JUST IN: Maricopa County Republicans UNANIMOUSLY Pass Resolution Calling on Arizona Legislature Impeach Arizona’s Attorney General for Persecuting Honest Election Officials
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Herb wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:09 pm

COMING SOON: ‘STATE OF DENIAL: ARIZONA’ Documentary Exposes Fraud in Kari Lake and Abe Hamadeh’s Stolen Elections Where 60% of Machines Failed – (TRAILER)

JUST IN: Maricopa County Republicans UNANIMOUSLY Pass Resolution Calling on Arizona Legislature Impeach Arizona’s Attorney General for Persecuting Honest Election Officials
Do you know there's already a thread for this type of junk? You should do - you're pretty much the only guy who posts in it...

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

oops

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Here let's clear it up once and for all. :wink:
Who the hell are YOU to act as forum police and declare what someone has posted as USELESS?

Best you stop your Trouble-making with such Needlessly Polarized Attack-wording of your..."opinions".

Which,...BTW,....was proven to be wrong......Herb's Article was NOT useless;
Designer wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:07 am
Oh Gawd! :space: Here we go AGAIN. :donno:
Does timmy ever think that the information within the Article Herb posted might be News to others? :space: Or that it's content is an update on this issue? :Umm:

Nope :space: :dunno:

Tim-Almighty bellows from his Lectern and passes decree that it is...."useless".....merely because he already knew about the issue and that it has been..." a national trend for some years now".....with yet another lambasting of what Herb posts. :space: :roll:
Tbeck wrote:
For the record it's a USELESS article. I could have told you that college has become a complete waste of money.
Textbook example of his Arrogant, I-know-it-all mindset. :space: :uhh:

How sad that when he does rarely come around to post, we see him "grace" our forum with the same bad behavior he has a well know history of.
:sad:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Wow you need medication and some reading glasses. I didn't say Herbs "post" was useless. I said the article content is useless.
Now BEFORE you stick your FEET in your mouth AGAIN, you've ALREADY acknowledged that FACT and DISTINCTION.
Oh no what are you gonna do now so it doesn't appear you are CHANGING your STORY to ARGUE :shock: .

Busted Mr Toilet!!!!

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:52 pm
I always find people's personal work histories interesting. There's a very broad swath of occupations and history amongst the members. Might be an interesting topic to get everyone posting about?
That’s an interesting idea.👍

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Tbeck wrote:
But here's the thing. College wasn't designed to prepare anyone for employment. College was designed for people who wish to expand their knowledge.
Unfortunately Vietnam changed all that and it became a revolving door for employment seeker's BECAUSE businesses decided that potential employees should come ready made so the business didn't have to invest in their employees.
Now the marketplace is FLOODED with job seekers with a college degree. The problem is that the country doesn't need all the college papered job seekers.

I laughed at the students saying that college failed to prepare them for the workplace 9-5. That's right nobody at college told them to get their lazy azz out of bed :lmao: .

For the record it's a USELESS article. I could have told you that college has become a complete waste of money. High school kids going on to college has been DECREASING for the past 4 year's. So the kid's are WAY ahead of this story.
Agree. As a technical hiring manager in a very large company, I honestly don't give a hoot about any degree listed on the resume. I talk to the candidate about relevant skills and experience. If it is an entry level job...it's easier for me to hire...but some of the more senior/advanced positions skills/experience are the qualifiers (to me). Not to mention these young kids right out of college walk in an expect a 6 figure salary. It's funny the shock on their face when HR says uh, no...you will be offered $55K ..it's an entry level job...and folks $55K entry level technical work is good money. The big paychecks will come much later ...say in their 40's. I will always choose experience over a degree. I can easily tell the difference during the interview. These college degrees walk in and don't know jack diddly shit about their job and then I get to burden their co-workers with getting them trained up just slowing down productivity...so many variables at play during a hire and honestly...don't give a shit about your degree.
-DBTO

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

MadCow wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:30 am

Agree. As a technical hiring manager in a very large company, I honestly don't give a hoot about any degree listed on the resume. I talk to the candidate about relevant skills and experience. If it is an entry level job...it's easier for me to hire...but some of the more senior/advanced positions skills/experience are the qualifiers (to me). Not to mention these young kids right out of college walk in an expect a 6 figure salary. It's funny the shock on their face when HR says uh, no...you will be offered $55K ..it's an entry level job...and folks $55K entry level technical work is good money. The big paychecks will come much later ...say in their 40's. I will always choose experience over a degree. I can easily tell the difference during the interview. These college degrees walk in and don't know jack diddly shit about their job and then I get to burden their co-workers with getting them trained up just slowing down productivity...so many variables at play during a hire and honestly...don't give a shit about your degree.
At my last job we taught Mission Command Information Systems for the Army. We had a guy come in to interview for a systems instructor position and he had the basic qualifications for an instructor but nothing really special. He was coming out of the Army and thought that because he was a former Drill Sargent he was a shoe in. But he did seem like a good fit for the team and we wanted to hire him. At the end of the interview we asked what his compensation expectations were and he said that after comparing his own skills to the job description he would not accept less than 120K. We made an offer to another candidate.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.