Heading out

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Heading out

Post by Tbeck »

Off to the woods this morning for opening weekend of deer season.
I've been steelhead fly fishing every day for a month trying to keep active. Long story short, my arteries are plugged in the aorta and the iliac arteries that feed both legs. I can walk about 50' before I have to sit down to let the blood back into my legs. Surgery to bypass everything is next month. It's the reason my legs kept falling asleep while riding.
Anyhow it's deer season so it's mandatory for me to take my gun for a walk in the woods and look after my 86 yo father who looks forward to deer season like a kid looks forward to Xmas.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Re: Heading out

Post by Cuban »

Tbeck wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:56 am
Off to the woods this morning for opening weekend of deer season.
I've been steelhead fly fishing every day for a month trying to keep active. Long story short, my arteries are plugged in the aorta and the iliac arteries that feed both legs. I can walk about 50' before I have to sit down to let the blood back into my legs. Surgery to bypass everything is next month. It's the reason my legs kept falling asleep while riding.
Anyhow it's deer season so it's mandatory for me to take my gun for a walk in the woods and look after my 86 yo father who looks forward to deer season like a kid looks forward to Xmas.

Good luck with the blood pipes Tim, and enjoy the walk in the woods with your Dad. :cheers:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Heading out

Post by Tbeck »

Dad really struggled and only got out once. I'll be glad when he gets his knee done after Xmas so he can get rid of 80% of the pain he's in.
Me? I broke tradition and actually shot a deer, nice big 9 point. Watched it coming through for a while and thought it was a big doe. At about 200 yards of heavy cover the antlers were obvious, but I really shot because it was big body weight.
Past 2 days I've been playing butcher :ShitGrinandThumb: