Moral Illiteracy

Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Moral Illiteracy

Post by Herb »

The lack of decent moral standards amoung younger people is something I have bitched about for years. This essay spells out what I have been saying.

This is a fairly long essay so I am only posting a few of the main points. The author uses examples to explain WHY good morals are needed and what it takes to keep evil at bay.

https://thelibertyminds.com/2023/11/20/ ... t-11-21-23

...Normal people are disgusted by mass murders like 9/11. Now, you might wonder why these kids aren’t repelled and disgusted by 9/11, but then you will remember that they were raised by other moral morons. Megyn Kelly had a long and potent tweet just lambasting parents who failed to teach their children about the basic moral calculus regarding terrorists versus normal people. These PINOs – parents in name only – along with the schools, have failed to teach moral literacy, the basic ability to discern right from wrong and good from evil. Hence, a generation of moral illiterates.

And it’s not that hard. Here’s a cheat sheet – going out and raping and murdering people at a rave, bad. Hunting down and blowing into pieces people who go out and rape and murder people at a rave, good.

Being a terrorist is wrong. Being a savage is wrong. Being a barbarian is wrong. But fighting back against them is not wrong. Fighting back against them is a moral obligation and a solid moral good. ...

...So if you come across some Gen Z idiot who suggests that maybe Osama bin Laden had a point, you need to tell that person that he or she or whatever stupid pronoun he or she has adopted is being an idiot. Osama bin Laden is a terrorist. Robert O’Neill was right to put bullets in his face after the creep cowered behind his family when 5.56mm justice came for him. That good is not aesthetically pleasing does not make it evil. The destruction of evil is the only possible moral choice. Anyone who thinks differently needs to grow up.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Moral Illiteracy

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

"There’s no question about who was right and who was wrong regarding 9/11. It pains me to have to point this out, but the guys who flew airplanes full of innocent people into major buildings on our East Coast were the bad guys.
They were terrorists.
They were not misunderstood.
They did not make some valid points."
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

AND SOoooo MANY HEAVE THEIR HEADS SO FAR UP THEIR RECTUMS THAT THEY CAN'T UNDERSTAND

CAUSE ALL THEY SEE IS THEIR OWN SHIT AND NO FURTHER
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

HARRIS wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:18 am
AND SOoooo MANY HAVE THEIR HEADS SO FAR UP THEIR RECTUMS THAT THEY CAN'T UNDERSTAND.......CAUSE ALL THEY SEE IS THEIR OWN SHIT AND NO FURTHER
:funnylast: This is GREAT!
I'm going to remember this when I talk to left-wingers when I hear them throw up their SHIT..

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

All good points, but as we know there are always two sides to every argument.
Remember that our nation was indeed founded by men whom by today's definition would be classified as terrorists. We of course see it differently and with good reason, we're biased in our own favor.
There's never a clear line when it comes to bringing about major political change. It's therefore extremely important that we look at more than simply the violent act, and consider the motivation for something so morally bankrupt and wrong by all civilized standards.
Wouldn't it be nice if we as a nation of people could stand on the moral high ground we so often preach. Unfortunately OUR history is packed full of immoral acts that we conveniently justify.
So I do understand her editorial but I also find it jam packed with hypocrisy.
Just my opinion and something to ponder.
Save the argument because I ain't interested in debating my point which is 100% accurate.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Of course you don't want to debate your latest pontification...you are ..."A Legend In Your Own Mind"!

And there is plenty to debate in it.

EVERY nation has some level of "immoral acts"....so scolding America that we cannot stand on moral high ground is a fools argument.

Specific to the Subject Matter of what was in Herb's Original Posting,...America IS NOT Slaughtering Christians worldwide because of their religion ,..nor En-mass Raping Concert Goers,...Beheading Babies And butchering them.... yet there is talk that such barbaric slaughter morally justified.

So,..YES, we CAN stand on the Moral High Ground as of the Present Day against what Islam does,...as per it's written instruction.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

No point in debating FACT!

HARD PROVEN and WELL Documented FACT :Cool:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Tbeck wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:29 pm
.... and consider the motivation for something so morally bankrupt and wrong by all civilized standards.
Define all.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:00 am
No point in debating FACT! HARD PROVEN and WELL Documented FACT
Wiggle wiggle wiggle! :funnylast:

Sorry timmy,...but your facts point out debatable points. You are just so full of yourself that you won't debate the points,...and are using this fools argument to hide from that debate.

:Cool: