Dust in the wind...

Keep it civil
MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: Dust in the wind...

Post by MadCow »

Have you ever thought about this?

In 100 years like in 2123 we will all be buried with our relatives and friends.

Strangers will live in our homes we fought so hard to build, and they will own everything we have today. All our possessions will be unknown and unborn, including the car we spent a fortune on, and will probably be scrap, yet preferably in the hands of an unknown collector.

Our descendants will hardly know who we are or who we were, nor will they remember us. How many of us know our grandfather's father?
After we die, we will be remembered for a few more years, then we are just a portrait on someone's bookshelf, and a few years later, our history, photos and deeds disappear in history's oblivion. We won't even be memories.

If we paused one day to analyze these questions, perhaps we would understand how ignorant and weak the dream to achieve it all was.
If we could only think about this, surely our approaches, our thoughts would change, we would be different people.

Always having more, no time for what's really valuable in this life.

We'd change all this to live and enjoy the walks with our dogs we've never taken, these hugs we didn't give, these kisses for our children and our loved ones, these funny jokes we didn't have time for. Nothing is more precious than bringing joy to a child or wrapping our protective world around an animal who wasn't given a fair start. Nothing is ever more important than caring for each other. The list never ends of things we can do better.

Those would certainly be the most beautiful moments to remember, after all they would fill our lives with joy.

And yet we waste it day after day with greed, hate, indifference and intolerance.

These are not my words, they can and should be spoken by all.

-Mike B
-DBTO

bassman
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by bassman »

Madcow telling it like it even if it is in someone else's words. Well written and oh so true. There are very few who will really be remembered by history for the long term and realistically not many of us on these motorcycle boards.
Nick

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Those are the words of Naveed Shah from a posting on LinkedIn.

He does make some good suggestions. And when one looks at his generalizations, the conclusions he made paints a rather negative and unrealistic view of who..."We"...are.

The efforts ..."We"...make to ..."build our home"....and have the car we drive are NOT...." an ignorant nor weak dream to achieve". One Needs A Shelter,.....and certainly it is fundamental to..."bringing joy to a child"... or....." wrapping our protective world around an animal who wasn't given a fair start" . It is a necessary place for the...."caring for each other" .

And, one needs a car to live in most societies,.....if not for existence ...but also for the freedom to travel and see The World....to experience more of those ...."most beautiful moments to remember, after all they would fill our lives with joy."

The claim that,...."And yet we waste it day after day with greed, hate, indifference and intolerance"....may he what he experiences,....but hardly accurate view of all of the World.

It's a pretty sad and negative view of The World. :space: I feel sorry for him really.

For there is so much to look forwards to after we leave this world.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

MadCow wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:24 am
Have you ever thought about this?

In 100 years like in 2123 we will all be buried with our relatives and friends.

Strangers will live in our homes we fought so hard to build, and they will own everything we have today. All our possessions will be unknown and unborn, including the car we spent a fortune on, and will probably be scrap, yet preferably in the hands of an unknown collector.

Our descendants will hardly know who we are or who we were, nor will they remember us. How many of us know our grandfather's father?
After we die, we will be remembered for a few more years, then we are just a portrait on someone's bookshelf, and a few years later, our history, photos and deeds disappear in history's oblivion. We won't even be memories.

If we paused one day to analyze these questions, perhaps we would understand how ignorant and weak the dream to achieve it all was.
If we could only think about this, surely our approaches, our thoughts would change, we would be different people.

Always having more, no time for what's really valuable in this life.

We'd change all this to live and enjoy the walks with our dogs we've never taken, these hugs we didn't give, these kisses for our children and our loved ones, these funny jokes we didn't have time for. Nothing is more precious than bringing joy to a child or wrapping our protective world around an animal who wasn't given a fair start. Nothing is ever more important than caring for each other. The list never ends of things we can do better.

Those would certainly be the most beautiful moments to remember, after all they would fill our lives with joy.

And yet we waste it day after day with greed, hate, indifference and intolerance.

-Mike B

If only it would be that simple....
You base your supposition by the time 2123 gets here there will be an earth as we know it still exists. No doubt that 2123 will finally make an appearance somewhere in the future even though mankind may not still roam the earth by then..
I predict that Mother Earth will be around to mark that date in time, but I doubt very seriously that Humans may not, Humanoids maybe.
The populations of the Earth will be either die off from a rogue nation ( by then there will be dozens) starting a nuclear war with some country they have had a dispute for eons. Isarel and any of the Arab nations, Iraq and Iran, even the Russians and the Germans and it will not end well for the masses.
And if that doesn't kill off the remaining nuclear survivors, some strange virus (es) that will be unleashed during that time frame will undoubtedly kill off any remnants of that holocaust.

There will be no descendants.

And if by chance in the year 3023 some kind of life will emerge from the uncontaminated seas to start the process all over again.
But that maybe all conjecture at this point.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

MadCow wrote:
Have you ever thought about this? ...

-Mike B
Agreed. Much more coherent than what I tried to say. :ShitGrinandThumb:

bassman wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:48 pm
Madcow telling it like it even if it is in someone else's words. Well written and oh so true. There are very few who will really be remembered by history for the long term and realistically not many of us on these motorcycle boards.
Nick
:ShitGrinandThumb: :cheers:

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:48 am
If only it would be that simple... I predict that Mother Earth will be around to mark that date in time, but I doubt very seriously that Humans may not, Humanoids maybe.
:shock: WAIT! ... WHAT!? We can get a robot body? Where do I sign up Cuz? I'll take a virulent, young and tall white male one thanks! :ShitGrinandThumb:

:rock:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

What is with all the negativity?

https://search.brave.com/search?q=negat ... ce=desktop

Negativity is a psychological addiction that can impact a person's overall quality of life. Patients exposed to intense negativity during early life may develop an addiction to negative experiences as adolescents and adults, which may constitute a central organizing feature of their personality. Negative emotions are so addictive that our brains actively seek out experiences and situations that evoke negative feelings, activating both the beta-endorphine and dopamine pathways in our brains. Negative emotions activate both the beta-endorphine and dopamine pathways in our brains. Without negativity, the wounded self does not exist, and it becomes addicted to the negativity of self-judgment as a way to control. It is important not to get addicted to negativity and to think positively even in a bad day.

Humanity has been faced with a lot of issues and has always worked something out.

I don't know what the world will be like 100 years from now but I do know that I will keep working to make things better for my decendents, even if they do not remember/know my name. The aqusition of wealth to pass down to future generations is not stupid or useless.

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Cuban wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:45 am
MadCow wrote:
Have you ever thought about this? ...

-Mike B

:shock: WAIT! ... WHAT!? We can get a robot body? Where do I sign up Cuz? I'll take a virulent, young and tall white male one thanks! :ShitGrinandThumb:

I think you meant "virile", not "virulent"...............................or maybe not. :dunno: :evil:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

:funnylast: :lmao:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

maybe that is what he wants...

virulent
vîr′yə-lənt, vîr′ə-

3. Extremely hostile or malicious.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

MattSunn wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:15 pm
Cuban wrote:
:shock: WAIT! ... WHAT!? We can get a robot body? Where do I sign up Cuz? I'll take a virulent, young and tall white male one thanks!
I think you meant "virile", not "virulent"...............................or maybe not. :dunno: :evil:
Herb wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:47 pm
maybe that is what he wants...virulentvîr′yə-lənt, vîr′ə-
3. Extremely hostile or malicious.
It does fit;
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12228&hilit=electio ... &start=150

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

It was said in jest fellas. :ShitGrin:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

So was the response... We are just jerking both of your chains. :cheers:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Yep! :ShitGrin:

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

Cuban wrote:
MattSunn wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:15 pm
lol You're right.I meant virile! lol :lmao:

navigator wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:26 pm
:funnylast: Don't encourage him nav. He's incorrugatedible. :ShitGrin:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Cuban wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:26 am
navigator wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:26 pm
:funnylast: Don't encourage him nav. He's incorrugatedible.
Naw, Mattsunn isn't,.... incorrigible....he's got a good sense of humor and is just kidding around. :space: :rock:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

I know Paul, which is why I laughed.

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »