LOCK DOWN MASK UP

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

LOCK DOWN MASK UP

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

ATTENTION: COVID is back!!

DEMOCRATS SHOULD LOCK DOWN IMMEDIATELY, GET YOUR SEVENTH BOOSTER SHOT, AND FOR GODS SAKE STAY INDOORS WITH YOUR MASK ON.

WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN THE COAST IS CLEAR
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: LOCK DOWN MASK UP

Post by sgtcall »

Every time I see someone with a mask on my first thought is.......Fuckin Dumb Ass.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

sgtcall wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:08 pm
Every time I see someone with a mask on my first thought is.......Fuckin Dumb Ass.
When I see someone driving with one on it scares the hell out of me, especially if it is an old person.

I am 73, in pretty good health and wearing a mask for 5 minutes and my blood oxygen drops from 98 to 94. My wife is an asthmatic and hers will drop to 92 in 5 minutes. Low blood oxygen can be even worse than drinking and driving. The older a person gets the worse the issue is.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

My daughter is finishing up with her 4th quarantine. She's had covid 4 time's but fortunately the virus strain is the newest variant which has proven to be mild. She works in intensive care so she gets exposed frequently because her patients are compromised.
It's out there now so it's going to be like the flu popping up.
As far as the masks are concerned? People who have covid should be wearing while they have it. Contrary to what has been hyped up, it's not to prevent folks from getting it, but rather to prevent those who have it from spreading it when they cough all over everything. Does it work? Yes in a nut shell.

I guess folk's will see things as they want to. Some will see all the covid related stuff from a political view, some an extreme, and some laid back/don't care view. My opinion is that people should be responsible, whatever that means for them. If they want to mask up because they have it, great. If they don't great. Like I said it's out there and we'll keep seeing it. But like the flu some will act irresponsible and spread it around. It's all a personal choice.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Tbeck wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:51 am
As far as the masks are concerned? it's not to prevent folks from getting it, but rather to prevent those who have it from spreading it when they cough all over everything. Does it work? Yes in a nut shell.

Ahh...cmon T - there's a gazillion posts on this forum from the usual suspects apparently PROVING masks are useless in any application. Are you trolling??

:lmao:

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

Tbeck wrote:
... It's all a personal choice.
The govt worked, and will work again, on changing that.

When I went for a procedure at the hospital last year, I was worried that they would jab me when I was under. I guess that was unfounded that time.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

tabasco wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:26 am
Tbeck wrote:
... It's all a personal choice.
The govt worked, and will work again, on changing that.

When I went for a procedure at the hospital last year, I was worried that they would jab me when I was under. I guess that was unfounded that time.
Are you sure???
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
My daughter is finishing up with her 4th quarantine. She's had covid 4 time's but fortunately the virus strain is the newest variant which has proven to be mild. She works in intensive care so she gets exposed frequently because her patients are compromised.
As far as the masks are concerned? People who have covid should be wearing while they have it. Contrary to what has been hyped up, it's not to prevent folks from getting it, but rather to prevent those who have it from spreading it when they cough all over everything. Does it work? Yes in a nut shell.

I guess folk's will see things as they want to. Some will see all the covid related stuff from a political view, some an extreme, and some laid back/don't care view. My opinion is that people should be responsible, whatever that means for them. If they want to mask up because they have it, great. If they don't great. Like I said it's out there and we'll keep seeing it. But like the flu some will act irresponsible and spread it around. It's all a personal choice.
Masks have been used for years to keep sick people from infecting others, especially in hospitals, and the idea behind this is at least reasonable. But the person at Wawa wearing a cloth mask that matches their shirt while buying an ice coffee and a pack of cigarettes is a dumb ass.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

sgtcall wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:48 am
Tbeck wrote:

Masks have been used for years to keep sick people from infecting others, especially in hospitals, and the idea behind this is at least reasonable. But the person at Wawa wearing a cloth mask that matches their shirt while buying an ice coffee and a pack of cigarettes is a dumb ass.
Issues with masks to stop convid.

Masks are used for BIO HAZARDS, not viruses. Even the manufactures tell you that it is not effective at stopping a virus.

Masks used in hospitals are NOT worn for any length of time and are not reused. The idea of people wearing one for hours at a time is bad. Studies have proved that the warm, humid conditions inside a mask are perfect for the growth of bacteria that will make people sick.

Masks do cut the blood oxygen level especially for people with breathing problems and can cause issues for people with heart problems.

You want to wear a mask, fine, but don't tell me I have to. I value my health too much.

If a person has been vaccinated, boosted (ad infinium) and is wearing a mask, what the hell do they have to worry about me not wearing a diaper on my face????

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Herb wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:07 am
sgtcall wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:48 am
Tbeck wrote:

Issues with masks to stop convid.

Masks are used for BIO HAZARDS, not viruses. Even the manufactures tell you that it is not effective at stopping a virus.

Masks used in hospitals are NOT worn for any length of time and are not reused. The idea of people wearing one for hours at a time is bad. Studies have proved that the warm, humid conditions inside a mask are perfect for the growth of bacteria that will make people sick.

Masks do cut the blood oxygen level especially for people with breathing problems and can cause issues for people with heart problems.

You want to wear a mask, fine, but don't tell me I have to. I value my health too much.

If a person has been vaccinated, boosted (ad infinium) and is wearing a mask, what the hell do they have to worry about me not wearing a diaper on my face????
I agree, my statement was based on mask use in general not just for COVID. I will not be wearing a mask and if I do get sick I will be staying home.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

sgtcall wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:20 am

I agree, my statement was based on mask use in general not just for COVID. I will not be wearing a mask and if I do get sick I will be staying home.
The general use for them is reasonable but the use for the con-vid is not.

Staying away from public places, while sick, being a responsible citizen. Both times I had it I stayed home and told people to stay away.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

I always wear a mask indoors when filling out multiple absentee ballots. :evil:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

:funnylast:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Yep,....they're ramping up for another Jabbing Mandate;

HOW CONVENIENT: CDC Committed $1.8 Billion for Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccines in June, Anticipates 20 Million Doses by September
By Jim Hᴏft Sep. 7, 2023

Natalie Winters, Co-Host and Executive Editor of Steve Bannon’s War Room, recently revealed that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has inked a $1.8 billion deal for 20 million pediatric COVID-19 vaccines. What raises eyebrows is that the contract was preemptively organized in June 2023.

“The CDC is set to purchase 20 million pediatric COVID-19 vaccines worth over $1.8 billion. The order was preemptively organized in June predicting a “surge” in September,” Winters on her X (formerly Twitter) on Thursday.

According to the contract, the CDC performed a “needs assessment” in July 2023, stating that approximately 16.75 million pediatric COVID-19 vaccines were required. This was a 15% increase from the vaccine amounts available in contracts awarded in June. However, the CDC didn’t leave time for open competition, citing “compressed timeframes” and “urgent need” as reasons.

One must question the intuition or data that led the CDC to such a well-timed prediction. The agency moved to finalize these contracts before even assessing the exact vaccine needs for September.
The CDC’s own documentation acknowledges the lack of competition in sourcing these vaccines. It indicates that “this compressed timeframe was created by several factors,” giving them inadequate time to open the contracts for competitive bidding.

From the contract:
CDC’s three pediatric COVID-19 vaccine contracts were established to support the priority pediatric populations served by the Section 317 and VFC programs following the commercialization of COVID-19 vaccines, which is projected to occur in September 2023 following the end of the federal government’s national response vaccine program.

CDC’s July 2023 COVID-19 vaccine needs assessment established that approximately 16.75 million doses of pediatric COVID-19 vaccines were needed by CDC’s immunization awardee programs. This quantity exceeded the amount of pediatric vaccine available on CDC’s COVID-19 vaccine contracts, as awarded in June 2023, by approximately 15%. To address the unmet need, CDC modified two of its three pediatric COVID-19 vaccine contracts to increase the maximum ordering quantities on each contract.

The agency was unable to conduct even a limited competition because of the compressed timeframe under which the agency had to put these two modifications into place. This compressed timeframe was created by several factors.
First, CDC must begin the process of determining the appropriate funding obligation for each of these pediatric COVID-19 contracts in early August 2023 so sufficient funding is available upon the start of ordering in September 2023. Without an increase in the maximum ordering quantity for the two COVID-19 contracts, CDC cannot finalize its plan to allocate funding required for each contract to meet immunization awardee demands, per the July 2023 needs assessment.

Second, because COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers are finalizing their fall 2023 vaccine supply plans at this time, they must understand how many doses of vaccine are needed for CDC’s programs to incorporate our program needs into their planning. Without an increase in the maximum ordering quantity for each contract now, the manufacturers may not have sufficient supply of COVID-19 vaccines to fulfill CDC’s needs later in the ordering period. CDC must make these increases to the maximum ordering quantity now, otherwise it may not be able to obtain additional vaccine doses later.
Finally, CDC’s 64 immunization awardees need clarity as to whether their full needs for pediatric COVID-19 vaccines will be met through CDC’s vaccine programs to make critical budget and programmatic decisions. CDC must increase the maximum ordering quantities on these two contracts now, otherwise immunization awardees will have to make budget decisions assuming a lower quantity of vaccines will be available to order and that, subsequently, the awardees’ needs will not be completely met.

From the time that CDC completed its needs assessment at the end of July 2023, to the time at which these modifications needed to be in place by early August 2023, was a period of only 1-2 weeks. This was wholly insufficient time to solicit, evaluate, and award competitive contracts for these additional vaccine doses, even using a limited or streamlined competition. Modifications using other than full and open competition to increase the maximum ordering quantities on these two contracts were the only option to secure the additional vaccine doses required by CDC’s immunization awardees within the timeframe available to the agency.

As described in section 3 of this document, CDC conducted a needs assessment with its immunization awardees during July 2023 that established a need of 16.75 million doses of pediatric COVID-19 vaccines. This amount exceeded the quantity of vaccines available on the contracts as awarded in June 2023 of 14.50 million doses. In short, the volume of pediatric COVID-19 vaccines available to immunization awardees in the contracts awarded in June 2023 was not sufficient to meet the needs of the awardees.

Moreover, a delay in the award of these modifications would have likely led to this needs gap being locked in for the duration of the ordering period – whether from a delay in CDC allocating sufficient funding to the contracts to meet the full needs of awardees, the inability of manufacturers to meet later requests for additional doses, or awardees making budget and programmatic decisions premised on a lower quantity of vaccines being available than was actually needed.

Having established that an unusual and compelling urgency precluded full and open competition, the agency next turns to the serious injury to the Government that would have resulted had these contract modifications to increase the maximum ordering quantity been delayed.
The inability of CDC’s vaccine programs to meet immunization awardees’ needs for pediatric COVID-19 vaccines would have constituted a serious injury to the Government. Since its emergence, COVID-19’s evolving strains have contributed to significant pediatric illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths.

In a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association on January 30, 2023, COVID-19 was found to be the eighth most common cause of death among children in the United States, and the most common cause of death caused by infectious or respiratory diseases, overtaking the flu and pneumonia (https://jamanetwork.com/ journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2800816).

Not modifying the COVID-19 pediatric contracts to increase the maximum ordering quantity would have resulted an insufficient supply of vaccines to meet the needs of the VFC population and therefore decreased protection against COVID-19 among children. The consequences of this lower population protection include increases in preventable illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths among vulnerable U.S. children.

In addition, there would be an increased burden on the U.S. healthcare system during the winter 2023-2024 respiratory season. The increase in preventable COVID-19 pediatric morbidity and mortality, as well as the increased burden on the U.S. healthcare system, would have constituted a serious injury to

The crux of the matter is not just the size of the order but also the timing. The Gateway Pundit previously reported that the Biden regime is gearing up to reinstate comprehensive COVID-19 restrictions, starting with a renewed mask mandate for TSA and airport employees by mid-September.
The information was disclosed by a high-ranking TSA official to Alex Jones of Infowars who described a recent meeting where TSA management received updated memos and policies on mask requirements.

More details regarding the escalation of this policy are expected to be released in the coming weeks. By mid-October, it’s anticipated that mask mandates will extend to pilots, flight crew, passengers, and all airport goers.

Infowars also consulted a reliable source from the Border Patrol in a managerial role, who verified that parallel protocols are being arranged for Border Patrol staff. The source indicated that it’s not a question of “if,” but “when” COVID-19 numbers will rise again, prompting a reinstatement of forced masking policies. This is expected to coincide with increasing media coverage on new COVID-19 variants, as noted by the news outlet.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:48 am
Tbeck wrote:
As far as the masks are concerned? it's not to prevent folks from getting it, but rather to prevent those who have it from spreading it when they cough all over everything. Does it work? Yes in a nut shell.
Ahh...cmon T - there's a gazillion posts on this forum from the usual suspects apparently PROVING masks are useless in any application. Are you trolling??
Yep. :space: That's what T-bicker is doing here. :space: :uhh:

The evidence(s) are overwhelming that what he claims is not the reality of masking and the claim that they prevent.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt, I agree that masks help sick people reduce the likelihood of infecting other's. I also agree that the fruit loop walking around Walmart in their color coded mask is an idiot.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Couldn't help but notice how The Tune Changed here;
Tbeck wrote:
Tbeck wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:58 pm
Sgt, I agree that masks help sick people reduce the likelihood of infecting other's.
...To "prevent".....is hugely different that to merely,....."reduce".

And masking ..."does not work" ...to prevent spreading covid,...."in a nutshell".

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:57 am
Couldn't help but notice how The Tune Changed here;
Tbeck wrote:
Tbeck wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:58 pm
Sgt, I agree that masks help sick people reduce the likelihood of infecting other's.
...To "prevent".....is hugely different that to merely,....."reduce".

And masking ..."does not work" ...to prevent spreading covid,...."in a nutshell".
This is just like your gun control argument - if it doesn't work 100% it doesn't work at all.

Can you find me ANYTHING that works 100% ??

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:15 am

Can you find me ANYTHING that works 100% ??
Yes
A Bubble
Put everyone that wants to wear a mask in a bubble

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

navigator wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:36 am
I always wear a mask indoors when filling out multiple absentee ballots. :evil:
That's easy for you to say, Dave.