Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Maui

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:31 am
hmm,....As a counter point,....I see no evidence that these cars "jumped a curb".....could you point that out to us?

And,...in the video,...they do say the Maui Fires were ..."more than a few days ago"....when they mention the green grass growth.

And as to being parked in a field? ....they are far away from a home,...however, there is a White Exterra in the background parked on,...Grass...away from a home. :space: So, this sort of parking might be what the Residents do.

My friend who is a Firefighter...mentioned that some aluminum wheels can melt in a sustained fire,....but to have a river of aluminum...going that far away from the heated burning i s just not possible with just the car's gasoline available, and no other fuel to sustain the fire/heat needed to flow that far way.
Aluminum can be melted with a propane torch, a mostly full fuel tank, along with the rubber tires would be more than enough to turn it into a puddle which would run with the gas.

As for them jumping the curb, how the hell else would they get there? This lot is not what I would call a parking lot.

Still say, I would have talked to the neighbors about what happened there because it really is strange to have a fire like that.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:07 am
Sorry, but the images I found do not have trees with the leaves on them right near the cars... if any leaves are in the pictures,...they are FAR away.
And none of them have a pooled line river of molten aluminum from a totally disappeared wheel .

So you don't even know how to Google?

Oh look - there's trees with leaves still on and untouched houses within a few yards of cars with molten mag wheels. Who the hell would have thought that could happen?? :bonk:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Good old Google Maps :cheers:

Couple of things to note - these cars look like they've been either dumped or "parked" there as wrecks. Also there is a driveway at the back of the block so there was no curb jumping.

Also pretty thick dry grass which would ignite super easily and burn like all fuck given the conditions. And those pics were 3 years ago so who knows how much longer / denser the grass actually was when it went up?

But for sure - the gumbiment has used Skynet styled weapons on wrecked cars :bonk:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

I wonder if this is the situation in Maui...

https://libertyfuel.org/burning-truth-r ... te-change/

Burning Truth Revealed: Arsonists, Not Climate Change

The wildfires sweeping through Greece at this moment have been set ablaze by deliberate acts of arson, not the vague notion of climate change, as indicated by reports from the BBC.

A total of 79 individuals have been apprehended in connection with arson activities related to these so-called “wildfires.” These incidents cease to be wild when they’re sparked intentionally by individuals. The Greek government, in no uncertain terms, has labeled these perpetrators as “arsonist scum,” confirming that criminal intent is at the root of this devastation.

Vassilis Kikilias, the Minister of Civil Protection, has disclosed that recent efforts by arsonists to initiate fresh fires on Mount Parnitha, situated to the northwest of Athens, have been thwarted....

...While summer wildfires are an expected occurrence in Greece’s hot and arid climate, there has been an uptick in such incidents lately. The left-leaning media, however, is quick to point fingers at global warming and climate change, conveniently ignoring the confessions from the Greek government regarding arson’s role in these fires.

Even as the government has revealed that a staggering 140 arrests have been made in connection with wildfires, with 79 directly tied to arson, some continue to peddle theories blaming meat consumption or vehicle usage. Yet, the glaring truth remains that crime is often at the root of disasters, much like this one.

Tragically, the majority of casualties associated with these fires are migrants from other nations, including children. The remains of 19 individuals were discovered in the Evros region of northeastern Greece, with the 20th fatality being a shepherd who succumbed to the fires in the Boeotia region.

Kikilias underscored that Greece is grappling with the worst summer fire season since the introduction of the nation’s fire risk maps in 2009. Despite the media’s climate change narrative, it’s evident that arson, not climatic conditions, is responsible for these catastrophic blazes....
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Here's a quick "snap shot" of some of the foremost points about this fire;

Through action and inaction Hawaiian bureaucrats helped clear land in Maui
By Molly Slag August 29, 2023

When you look at what happened in Hawaii, one of the things that stands out is that government agencies acted or refrained from acting in ways that were almost certain to speed Lahaina's destruction and end people's ties to the land (and their lives). If you have a cynical, suspicious mind, it's remarkably easy to believe that this wasn't mere bureaucratic incompetence.

The wildfire that broke out on the outskirts of the town of Lahaina on the island of Maui in the early morning hours of Tuesday, August 8 destroyed some 2,200 homes, burned alive at least 114 people, including children, and displaced some 5,000 or more.

Although the exact cause of the fire is not yet established, it is now well known and documented that the government took four critical actions (or refrained from acting) in the lead-up to the fire's destruction:

(1) The fire crews who were initially called to the fire declared that it was "100 percent contained," although it was still burning.
One must ask who called them off. Surely the firefighters knew that the blaze was still alive.

(2) Because of the risk of tsunamis, Hawaii has a vast network of emergency sirens. However, the local government silenced approximately 80 emergency sirens in the area. These sirens were never sounded as the fire drew near.

(3) A government official who had spoken in the past about the importance of water equity refused for some five hours to release extra water to firefighters. He felt he first needed to consult with a farmer about water diversion.

(4) Local government officials blocked the only paved road out of the fire area. People were burned to death in their cars while waiting in line to leave the area.

This would appear to be a perfect storm of government incompetence. Or was it incompetence? Cui bono? Who benefits? Follow the money. The 2,200 homes that occupied that land are now ashes. The land only awaits bulldozers to finish clearing the land. Here come the developers.

Were these four actions merely unintended accidents? Is this the inevitable endpoint of an all-controlling bureaucracy made up of people with massive power, no individual responsibility, and little fear of consequences? Let a jury decide. That jury will likely be instructed that the law presumes that a person intends the natural and probable consequences of his acts.

It sure is alot easier for developers to grab the land when the owners are nothing but ashes.

There are direct links within this backing up the points made.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

So now we've moved on from Secret Government Super Weapons to "follow the money"....

Aliens next?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

here's some recent info;

‘Royally Screwed’ by Government: Hawaii Victims ‘Getting Desperate’
By Guest Contributor Sep. 5, 2023
This article originally appeared on WND.com

‘Literally being arrested for visiting their own homes’

Nearly a month after catastrophic wildfires devastated the Hawaiian paradise of Maui, a disturbing mystery remains as hundreds of people, including an unknown number of children, are still missing, while a journalist on the island says local residents are being “royally screwed” by all governments, with some victims arrested for trying to visit their own homes.

More than 3,000 individuals have reportedly been found safe after being previously unaccounted for, and the latest official figures indicate 385 names on this list are still missing. While officials hope many on the missing list are fine and just haven’t checked in with emergency personnel, there’s a palpable fear many are not well.
“We’re releasing this list … because we know it will help the investigation,” said Maui Police Chief John Pelletier, in a video message posted online Thursday night. “We’re also balancing that because we know when this list comes out, it can and will cause pain for some folks.”
“We’re very thankful for the people who have reached out by phone or email,” Steven Merrill, the FBI’s special agent in charge in Honolulu, said at a news conference.

“As we get someone off of a list, this has enabled us to devote more resources to those who are still on the list.”

But journalist Nick Sortor is now painting an unnerving picture of what’s happening on the island.
“Good morning again from Maui, where residents are being ROYALLY screwed by local, state, and federal governments,” he posted Sunday on X, formerly Twitter.
“There are COUNTLESS important issues to note, but here are just a handful:

“1. The town of Lahaina is being INCREASINGLY fortified, and there are police & military checkpoints at literally every corner
“2. Residents are starting to become literally impoverished due to all the shutdowns.
“3. The government has put TENS OF THOUSANDS of people out of work and countless people are about to be forced into bankruptcy.
“4. Federal aid is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get.
“5. THE GOVERNMENT STILL WON’T DISCLOSE THE AMOUNT OF CHILDREN MISSING OR DEAD.
“6. The ‘official’ number of people missing keeps changing and seems to be based on TOTAL LIES.
“7. RESIDENTS ARE LITERALLY BEING ARRESTED FOR ATTEMPTING TO VISIT THEIR OWN HOMES.

Sortor concludes with: “MARK MY WORDS: We WILL get to the bottom of all this. I’m putting together a team of local residents & journalists to make it happen. WHAT IS THE GOVERNMENT HIDING? WHY DO THEY KEEP LYING TO THE GREAT PEOPLE OF MAUI?”
“I came back to Maui, because the situation is getting WORSE,” he continued in subsequent messages. “Corruption is potentially running rampant—including within the NGOs (potentially even within the government-funded Red Cross).”

He indicates residents are “getting TOTALLY fed up. Many are getting desperate, because they’re facing eviction due to losing their jobs (due to government shutdowns) and they’re receiving ZERO support.

“Several are now willing to speak on record for the first time. I’m working on that, but unfortunately I’m just one man. Might take me a day or two to post.

When a commenter suggested a giant GoFundMe account for the victims, Sortor noted he’s actually trying to get something like that active soon.

“Stay tuned! Without direct support from the people, these amazing people would end up homeless,” he said. “The government is USELESS. I’m working with the community to launch a fundraising campaign within the next 48 hours.”

As WND reported Aug. 28, miles of black curtains dubbed by some as “The Biden Curtain” were erected to prevent people from seeing what’s happening at the origin site of the wildfires.

Black fencing erected in Lahaina, Maui, in August 2023 to block the public’s view of ground zero of the Hawaiian fires (Video screenshot)
Geoff Cygnus, a citizen journalist, posted the video, with a caption reading: “Miles and miles of black fencing being put up in Lahaina. Ground Zero is now behind the Biden curtain.”
“There seems to be a huge emphasis on ensuring that the media and anyone else can’t see what’s going on,” Cygnus reported.

“There are miles and miles of this black fence going up that was not here before that is obscuring ground zero and making sure no one can see what’s going on inside of there from the road, no one can get in there, no one can take any pictures.”

“I was almost immediately, after these 20 seconds, National Guard came and chased me off, yelled at me, told me to get back in my car and keep moving. So you cannot pull over. You can’t even stop you car anywhere near any of this anymore.”

In addition to the National Guard, Cygnus says there are “regular police, and what I have dubbed ‘special police,’ which are these police cars that are foreign made. The people that are driving them are not – they don’t look like any police I’ve ever seen in the United States. So kind of a bizarre situation, but they have a huge presence standing guard ensuring that nothing can be documented.”

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

And people wonder why there are so many conspiracy theories...

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

If you Google "‘Royally Screwed’ by Government: Hawaii Victims ‘Getting Desperate’" you get about 2 pages of different media who have bought and published the exact same story.

Wonder how much they paid for that one? Bit of a cash cow for the author, no doubt.

THERE'S your conspiracy right there :hat:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:59 pm
If you Google "‘Royally Screwed’ by Government: Hawaii Victims ‘Getting Desperate’" you get about 2 pages of different media who have bought and published the exact same story.Wonder how much they paid for that one? Bit of a cash cow for the author, no doubt.THERE'S your conspiracy right there
OF COURSE,...if you are Sofa King myopic as limit your search so much you will get the conclusion you draw.

Again,...you FAIL to understand that there are many News Stories being published beyond that rather recent,...and well written,...news story.

Do TRY to appear more like you are a better thinker than you have just shown us you are NOT.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Now that we all see hillsy's myopia,.....here's an Update on the Maui Disaster;

Father Files Landmark Wrongful Death Suit Against Multiple Parties Over Maui Wildfires: ‘Risk Was Not Theoretical’
By Richard Moorhead, The Western Journal Sep. 9, 2023

The father of a woman who died in the Maui, Hawaii, wildfires is filing suit against Maui County and the state, alleging wrongful death.

Harold Dennis Wells is accusing local authorities of negligence and wrongful conduct before the fires that resulted in the death of his daughter, Rebecca Rans, according to ABC News. The suit was filed Monday.
Wells cited increasingly dangerous land management practices on Maui, including the growth of invasive flammable plants in the years preceding the fires. The plaintiff points to an absence of reforms after wildfires occurred on Maui in 2018.

“Despite this history of serious fires caused by predictable weather conditions, no one in a position to effect change did anything to prevent or substantially mitigate the risk.”

“The combination of weather, uncontrolled vegetation and aging electrical infrastructure created a tinderbox ready to explode in Maui,” Wells alleged. “The risk was not theoretical.”

Wells named Maui Electric Company, Hawaiian Electric Company, Hawaiian Electric Industries as defendants in the suit.The electric companies have been accused of failing to mitigate wildfire risks in the aftermath of the 2018 fire. One theory as to the origin of the wildfires points to downed power lines that ignited local grasslands.

“The suit also criticizes local government authorities for responding to the fires poorly, specifically alleging the city didn’t adequately warn its residents,” The Hill reported. “The county has come under widespread criticism for its response, including the choice not to use warning sirens as the fire approached.”

The owner of Maui Electric declined to comment when asked about the lawsuit, according to ABC News.The Maui wildfires killed more than 100 people and devastated the town of Lahania, according to the Hill.
Rans, as well as her long-term boyfriend Doug Gloege, were found burned to death blocks away from their home, according to Wells’ court filings.
Wells’ suit seeks compensation for his daughter’s death, as well as burial expenses and additional penalties, The Hill reported.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Couldn't you find a rumble video that pointed the blame at aliens?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Maui Wildfires’ Death Toll Reduced to 97 from 115 But Thousands are Still Unaccounted For – “Thank God, Fewer People Passed Away,” Says Democrat Governor (VIDEO)
By Jim Hᴏft Sep. 16, 2023

Hawaii Governor Josh Green (D) announced on Friday that fewer people died in last month’s devastating Maui wildfires than initially reported. The death toll has been revised to 97 from 115, raising questions and skepticism about the government’s transparency and the actual number of casualties.

“Aloha, everyone. Here on day 38, I’m going to give you some updates on the number of fatalities. We’re now at 97. That number dropped a little bit because the Department of Defense and all of their physical anthropologists were able to help us discern better who was in cars or in houses,” said Governor Green in a video message shared on social media.

The Governor continued, “Thank God fewer people have passed away. We still have 31 open reports, and not all of those who are lost have been identified. We’re going to do what we can to house the 7,415 people that are currently in hotel rooms, move them into long-term rentals.”

The revised numbers have led to skepticism among the public, with many questioning the government’s handling of the crisis. The official death toll released by the government doesn’t align with the numbers reported from morgues.
“We look at body bags that come in and we do an initial inventory and we assess how many people are represented there,” Defense Department lab director John Byrd said Friday. “When you do the first tally of all those that have come in, the number tends to be too high because as you begin to do more analysis and examination you realize that actually you’ve got two bags that were the same person or you have two bags that were the same two people but you didn’t realize that.” “The numbers start a little too high on the morgue side and eventually settle until at some point it’s going to be a final accurate number,” Byrd continued. “I would say we’re not quite there yet.”

The Gateway Pundit reported last month that the Maui government released the first official list of confirmed missing that was compiled by the FBI, putting the number at 388. A strict criteria was required: First and last name of the missing and a verified contact number for the person filing a missing persons report. The list includes a name and case number for each individual, but not by age. It is thought that many children perished in the fire as they were kept home from school that day due to high winds from an offshore hurricane.

The statement by the Maui government also reports, “an additional 1,732 individuals who had originally been reported as unaccounted for have since been found safe and well.”

Previously, the number of missing was estimated to be between 850 and 1,100 people. TGP reported that the Hawaii State Department of Education issued a report stating that 2,025 students are not accounted in the Lahaina public school system in the wake of the August 8 fire.

O’Keefe Media Group went undercover in Maui this week to investigate the burn zone after wildfires ravaged the town of Lahaina. Their undercover team shared video footage of several officers asserting that the death count is higher than what has been officially reported. According to these officers, the victims are only being identified through DNA as they have been cremated due to the severity of the fires.

O’Keefe: “A lot of people died?”

Hawaii National Army Guardsman: “Good amount, yeah”

O’Keefe: “My buddy was saying that people are missing still.”

Hawaii National Army Guardsman: “Unaccounted for… That just means most of them, they got like cremated. Their bodies got cremated, so they’re dust. So it’s hard to get DNA off them.”

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Hawaii Gov Green lies about Lahaina deaths
By Susan Daniels November 13, 2023

Hawaiian life on Maui goes on as though there was no horrendous fire in Lahaina in August. Tourists are back, although not snorkeling with dead bodies floating in the ocean; the state is doing a land grab around Lahaina, under the guise of land being donated; islanders have stopped talking about the fire.

No one is now mentioning that the most elaborate alarm system in the U.S. failed to warn residents of the fire, or that water was not released for five hours until permission was given by farmers who control the use of 61% of the reservoir water in the state.

Fingers are also pointed at the Maui Police Department for many of the deaths. They blocked the roads of Lahaina, claiming there were downed power wires that were dangerous to drivers. But at 4:11 p.m. Hawaii Electric has a recording telling the police that the electricity was shut off. One officer said: “We need to go down (to Lahaina) because they don’t know what the [expletive] they’re doing.”

We have all seen the rows of burned-out cars of people trying to escape the fire. Oddly, none of their car doors were open. Families were cremated together.

King Kamehameha III Elementary School burned to the ground. On August 8, the day after the fire, Governor Joshua Green announced that there were 650 students registered there. The Maui News recently announced that 200 children from there were sharing the campus of another school.
What happened to the other 450 children? Their school was closed on the day of the fire because there was no electricity. It had been shut off by Maui Electric because of another nearby fire. The kids were home alone or with grandparents.

In a news story last month, 2,746 students of the 3,001 total enrollment of Lahaina students were accounted for. In a published list of the dead, only three children are named. Where are the other 252 children?

Green keeps telling the media that there were 99 deaths. That is a lie. A Maui resident told me that the number is much higher based on all the trucks he saw transporting bodies. Green doesn’t want anyone to know that there could still be as many as 1,000 people missing.

Maui mayor Richard Bissen said that during the cleanup only non-hazardous fire debris will stay on the island. He said: “We understand that there may be remains that is (sic) contained within those areas.”

All the children registered at King Kamehameha III would have lived near the school. All those residences were some of the more than 2,700 structures destroyed in the fire. How many children were cremated in their homes and unaccounted for?

On Nov. 7, The Army Corps of Engineers was awarded a $53.7 million base contract to build a temporary elementary school (emphasis added) for students displaced from King Kamehameha III Elementary School. Why so much money and what will the permanent one cost?) Notice the word "base," which allows for add-ons.

A $150 million fund recently was established that will help those affected by the fire but there is also a provision to “…address impacts of climate change….” I guess we know where most of that money will go.