I-95 overpass reconstruction live stream...

Keep it civil
Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

I-95 overpass reconstruction live stream...

Post by Cuban »

For those of you who like to watch eh. :-)

Updated (live) link

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: I-95 overpass reconstruction live stream...

Post by sgtcall »

To bad they couldn't just burn Philly down and start over.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

LIVING IN PHILA, AND USING THAT UNDERPASS OFTEN, AND DEALING WITH THE CONSTRUCTION OF OTHER NEARBY PARTS THAT WERE JUST FINISHED,

IT'S A MAJOR UNDERTAKING. STEEL BEAMS HAVE TO BE MADE, MANPOWER SECURED, CONTENDING WITH MOTHER NATURE, AND EVERYTHING ELSE, ALL

CONSPIRE TO MAKE A PROBLEM WORSE. THE VULNERABILITY TO TAKE OUT A MAJOR THROUGHFARE AND CRIPPLE THE NATION IS SOooo VERY EASY.

IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH TO CRIPPLE US ... AND IT DID
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Has become my favorite link. I like to watch. Skilled operators. Engineers. Inspectors. That there are people who know how to clean and rebuild is amazing to me. Thank you for the link.

Just curious. Why do some of you guys choose to see the negative and then bicker over it?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Not certain, but it appears they are putting down a fabric and will soon begin refill to bring it to grade and will then repave. Is that right? Concrete being poured, compacted and tamped. Wish I could see closer. Need a bigger screen than my phone is providing.
Ah, I see. It appears the black stuff is being spread across finished concrete? I’ve missed a lot because I sleep a lot these days.
Wish I could be part of that crew right now.

There are those who don’t know what the are talking about who would complain that the repair could be faster. Perhaps, but likely at a lesser quality and concerns for engineering integrity. Also, summer is upon Philadelphia. If this had occurred in dead of winter, the process would have been a snail pace.

Wish I could see closer! Night is close and I imagine they’ll keep on working under lights. I’ll be sleeping again soon and likely miss night work. I do appreciate seeing some of the work, tho.

Just heard that work will be completed within two weeks!
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Awoke to find the link had ended. Oh well, cool while it lasted.
Signifying nothing”

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

RoadKing wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:06 pm
Has become my favorite link. I like to watch. Skilled operators. Engineers. Inspectors. That there are people who know how to clean and rebuild is amazing to me. Thank you for the link.
:ShitGrin:

RoadKing wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:25 am
Awoke to find the link had ended. Oh well, cool while it lasted.

:ShitGrin: I just checked and it seems they changed the camera. Looks like one of the traffic cams now?

Live I-95 cam

Some background music :rag:

:cheers:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Amazing. I’m saying that lots and lots of young people should be taking aptitude tests to see if the trades can provide them a better future than college loans. The people we see making that road usable again were once youngsters already earning apprenticeship wages while learning the skills that make their kind of knowledge so valuable today!

WOW! Just clicked on the second link! I was at that show, I’m certain it was at The Garden, the legendary Wall of Sound! WOW!
Signifying nothing”

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

So they're going to reopen it to partial traffic today. Noon Eastern I think.

Live camera

This is how.

:rock:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Cuban wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:44 am

Live camera

This is how.

Righteous!
Signifying nothing”

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Cuban wrote:

Live camera

This is how.

Interesting procedure.
Filling the street below with "foamed glass aggregate", a product I was not familiar with...Glavel.

Foam glass can go by a variety of names; foamed glass aggregate, foam glass gravel, or cellular glass. Whatever terminology is used, it’s a lightweight, thermally insulating aggregate made from post-consumer recycled glass. Whether it’s used as lightweight fill for civil projects, as thermal insulation underneath a concrete slab, or even as lightweight green roof fill, foam glass is an ideal building material to solve some of the construction industry’s most pervasive issues. Since foam glass is derived entirely from recycled glass, it’s incredibly low embodied carbon (stay tuned for our EPD and LCA in 2023) and one of the most environmentally sustainable building materials on the market.

I will continue to help the cause by drinking bottled beer. :cheers:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Really cool that they got SOME lanes open until final work is completed. I hope high school age youngsters watched this and are inspired to be part of like success stories in the future.
Building. Constructing. Earn while you learn.
Signifying nothing”

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

DOUBT IT .... KIDS DON'T COMPREHEND THAT KIND OF SUCCESS
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

HARRIS wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:42 am
DOUBT IT .... KIDS DON'T COMPREHEND THAT KIND OF SUCCESS
Many do. Union apprenticeship programs have waiting lists of those who have taken aptitude tests and want to be interviewed by shops for apprentice hiring.
Signifying nothing”

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Don’t know why it gives me pleasure watching the traffic on that new overpass. It does. I’ll bet the majority of drivers using it are not even aware what happened there just a few weeks ago. Job well done.
Signifying nothing”

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

navigator wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:27 am
Cuban wrote:

Live camera

This is how.

Interesting procedure.
Filling the street below with "foamed glass aggregate", a product I was not familiar with...Glavel.

Foam glass can go by a variety of names; foamed glass aggregate, foam glass gravel, or cellular glass. Whatever terminology is used, it’s a lightweight, thermally insulating aggregate made from post-consumer recycled glass. Whether it’s used as lightweight fill for civil projects, as thermal insulation underneath a concrete slab, or even as lightweight green roof fill, foam glass is an ideal building material to solve some of the construction industry’s most pervasive issues. Since foam glass is derived entirely from recycled glass, it’s incredibly low embodied carbon (stay tuned for our EPD and LCA in 2023) and one of the most environmentally sustainable building materials on the market.

I will continue to help the cause by drinking bottled beer. :cheers:
I believe this has been used in West US for years in road paving and shows itself as sparkles in the road on sunny days.
Thank you for your contributions to the cause and keep them coming.
Signifying nothing”

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

Checking in on the stream I noticed what could be a hidden door, which must've been uncovered by the fire. Well now doesn't the existence of this door raise many questions. Like, is it locked? If so, who has the key? Is it locked from the outside, like a normal entrance, or is it locked FROM THE INSIDE!? HUH? If so, WHO is in there? WHAT? How big is the interior? How far does it go? Are there hidden chambers under ALL of the interstate highways? WHAT!!? Is it ONLY the interstate system? OR IS THERE A WHOLE NOTHER UNDERWORLD????? WHATTTTT!!!!!????? IS THIS WHERE THE DEEP STATE is HIDING?????? IS THIS WHERE THEY HOLD THEIR SECRET MEETINGS???!!!!???? WHHHAAATTTTTTT!!!!!!??????? I'M ONLY ASKING QUESTIONS!

lol

Hi Dan. :ShitGrin:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Cuban wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:46 am

Checking in on the stream I noticed what could be a hidden door, which must've been uncovered by the fire. Well now doesn't the existence of this door raise many questions. Like, is it locked? If so, who has the key? Is it locked from the outside, like a normal entrance, or is it locked FROM THE INSIDE!? HUH? If so, WHO is in there? WHAT? How big is the interior? How far does it go? Are there hidden chambers under ALL of the interstate highways? WHAT!!? Is it ONLY the interstate system? OR IS THERE A WHOLE NOTHER UNDERWORLD????? WHATTTTT!!!!!????? IS THIS WHERE THE DEEP STATE is HIDING?????? IS THIS WHERE THEY HOLD THEIR SECRET MEETINGS???!!!!???? WHHHAAATTTTTTT!!!!!!??????? I'M ONLY ASKING QUESTIONS!

lol

Hi Dan. :ShitGrin:
Ya see, this makes me mighty suspicious. There have been sizable gaps in live cam coverage. Stuff they didn’t want us to see?
Signifying nothing”