Have you noticed…

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Have you noticed…

Post by Tbeck »

You can keep denying all you like but as YOU pointed out, I wasn't HERE posting for a month, and YET it was YOU clearly shitting all over the forum.
Recent example I posted about the Canadian fire's preventing my daughter's flight. Boom shit storm!!! A simple little post about air travel delays gets turned into a shit spreading post by whom?? Yep you.
And this very post.... Who flushed the post?? Remember that I wasn't here and EVEN in my absence YOU had to bring me up. Yep it was you
I wouldn't have to sound like a broken record if you would just stop shitting in every thread.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

:funnylast:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

tabasco wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:04 am
WORD!!

98VS1400
Site Admin
My Bike: None of your business

Post by 98VS1400 »

I drop in after I don’t know how long just to see what might be happening here in this little crevice in the under belly of the internet… only to find exactly NOTHING has changed!

It’s refreshing and depressing simultaneously. I firmly believe the core group of miscreants (I really just wanted to use that word) wouldn’t know how to pass the time of their days without coming on here to bicker and jab at one another.

It’s sad, somewhat pathetic, but worth recognizing as insignificant in the grand scheme. So carry on asshats! Snipe and jab to your heart’s content! It’s harmless and might even be the very thing making you all wake up in the mid morning!

:rag:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

98VS1400 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:45 am
I drop in after I don’t know how long just to see what might be happening here in this little crevice in the under belly of the internet… only to find exactly NOTHING has changed!

It’s refreshing and depressing simultaneously. I firmly believe the core group of miscreants (I really just wanted to use that word) wouldn’t know how to pass the time of their days without coming on here to bicker and jab at one another.

It’s sad, somewhat pathetic, but worth recognizing as insignificant in the grand scheme. So carry on asshats! Snipe and jab to your heart’s content! It’s harmless and might even be the very thing making you all wake up in the mid morning!

While you're here can you nuke the spammer in the "Domain for trade" thread??

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Who's gaslighting who here? :ShitGrinandThumb:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Gaslighting? :space: :Umm: :space: Yep,....it's all right here,..."in Living Color"...(as was once said about movies and television) :ShitGrin:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=14410&start=40

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

98VS1400 wrote:

OK. I have felt love and respect for you until now. For several months I have been pleading for an end to bickering. Did you read that? And yet you put yourself above us.all and include me asshat. And now tell me now, what do you accomplish by thaf? Just another fucking bickerer.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

And so the plot thickens :rag:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

98VS1400 wrote:

Can you tell us why we should care about what you think of us???

go away, you don't have to go away mad, just go the fuck away.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

98VS1400
Site Admin

Post by 98VS1400 »

Damn. I knew getting old often made people cranky but I was unaware it made previously grown men develop sore vaginas. I guess maybe losing the sense of humor is to be expected but I didn’t anticipate such a deficit amongst you fine fellas. That one is on me.

I’ll go away Herb but not because you said so. I’ll go away because there ain’t nothing here worth wasting my precious time on. I’ve got a higher standard for when and where I waste time, and quite thankfully you aren’t going to make the cut.

Tom, I honestly wasn’t including you in my reply. But I forgot to specifically and intentionally point that out. I also forgot how fragile your sensibilities can be and how little value you place on still being the only member of any forum I’ve traveled across the country to meet.

98VS1400
Site Admin

Post by 98VS1400 »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:05 am
98VS1400 wrote:

I don’t see that thread?

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

98VS1400 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:42 am

Tom, I honestly wasn’t including you in my reply. But I forgot to specifically and intentionally point that out. I also forgot how fragile your sensibilities can be and how little value you place on still being the only member of any forum I’ve traveled across the country to meet.
Tomorrow I have a doctor appointment to go over some tests about matters of health that I must improve before I can get a much needed and overdue hip replacement. The pain is terrible and the pain killers are slowly killing me. You think I put little value on the treasured visit you once made? I wish you were here right now. I’m scared.

You ask anyone this forum. For quite some time I’ve been asking for an end to the bickering. It would be so nice to have someplace peaceful to visit. I have been a member here and wish this place were it. You say you forget how little value I place on your visit. How could you think that to start with. It was one of the highlights of my life.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

98VS1400
Site Admin

Post by 98VS1400 »

RoadKing wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:21 pm
98VS1400 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:42 am

Tomorrow I have a doctor appointment to go over some tests about matters of health that I must improve before I can get a much needed and overdue hip replacement. The pain is terrible and the pain killers are slowly killing me. You think I put little value on the treasured visit you once made? I wish you were here right now. I’m scared.

You ask anyone this forum. For quite some time I’ve been asking for an end to the bickering. It would be so nice to have someplace peaceful to visit. I have been a member here and wish this place were it. You say you forget how little value I place on your visit. How could you think that to start with. It was one of the highlights of my life.
Man, I’m sorry to hear about the health concerns. Truly. I hope you get a handle on it and the prognosis is for a long life yet to come.

In fairness, you did say something about not respecting me or similar in your first reply! I would’ve just assumed you were not talking about me if you had typed my initial post. Water under the bridge, Tom. No hard feelings over a miscommunication.

As to the bickering, that was essentially the gist of my post. It’s been a couple years since I’ve been around this forum and the day I come back, in less than 5 minutes, I stumble into a thread where guys are shitting all over each other. My reply, while clearly misinterpreted by some, was meant to convey my feelings on how nothing changes. Bickering. Name calling. Quoting and replying in kind. It rather feels like a bunch of juveniles. Not you, per se. In general.

The funny part is back when Steve created this forum to pick up where the original IA left us in the lurch, he wanted a continuation of what the old board had become. I don’t think he achieved that goal. I know factually there had been discussions over the years of just letting this board die. Obviously he has kindly left it alone and it carries on nearly 10 years later.

Bantering and bickering can be fun, in moderation. But there also is a bit of a clique situation with this forum. The regulars are the same small group of guys. I suppose there’s only so much a small group can talk about. But you would think even though some of the guys truly seem to dislike each other, they would at least appreciate having each other to chat with! I’m not expecting wispy walks on the beach while holding hands to watch the sun set but maybe just a little conversation with some beneficial content.

As for you and I? I say we’re good. I wish I could be up there to help you with this life situation you have on your hands. I’ve always liked you and I much enjoyed getting to meet you. I have 22 months before I hang up the gun belt and I’m already in planning to get a small plot in upstate. Actually put an offer on 5 acres a couple years but people were stupid at the time and the offer was not acceptable. The 5 acres are still available today. Maybe in a year from now, I’ll offer again. Only this time, half of what I offered in 2021.

Hang in there brother. I’ll pray for you. At the very least, in 23 months I plan to be on the road with regularity and I’ll make it a point to come for another visit. Should I get up there again sooner, I’ll be sure to look you up. I was in upstate last month but it was to bury my father and grandfather. I wasn’t in the visiting mood.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

That "miscreants" word you used there. :space: That there's a pretty hifalutin word! :space: :blink:

You been doing Crossword puzzles lately? :space: :uhh: :space: :ShitGrin:

:jester:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

When you addressed those of us still posting as asshats I felt hurt because you have no idea how much I have tried to slow down the bickering. Therefore the comment about losing love and respect. Please let that go.
As always, sir, keep an eye on your back trail and be safe out there.
Signifying nothing”

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

98VS1400 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:48 am
hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:05 am

I don’t see that thread?
I think someone already got it.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

RoadKing wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:21 pm

Tomorrow I have a doctor appointment to go over some tests about matters of health that I must improve before I can get a much needed and overdue hip replacement.
Do what you need to do to make the hip replacement happen. It is life changing. My sister in law has had both hips done now within the space of 10 years and the change in her is remarkable. She was slowly dying from the pain killers prior to the 1st operation so it really is a lifeline.

Fingers crossed your tests results are good and you get it done soon.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

"The funny part is back when Steve created this forum to pick up where the original IA left us in the lurch, he wanted a continuation of what the old board had become. I don’t think he achieved that goal. I know factually there had been discussions over the years of just letting this board die. Obviously he has kindly left it alone and it carries on nearly 10 years later."

I am going to throw out the BS flag on this statement.

I was on the old board for a number of years and there was a lot of bickering going on there, including a number of trolls just like here.

We had people that said EVERY motorcycle crash was the fault of the rider, even when they were stopped at a light and were ran over from behind. That one is on this board.

Yeah there were a lot of good discussions about everything from tires to repairs/upgrades. We have some of those also. The trouble is that most of the tech questions are from someone that joined for specific questions about their project and when they get it fixed they never come back again. Many times they don't even tell us what fixed it.

There are very few of us that still ride Intruders, you sure don't see them on the road like we used to.

Then you come on here after leaving in a huff and proceed to insult all of us that have stuck with the site and expect us to bow down to you with no pushback.

As ye sow, so shall ye reap.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Herb, there is such a thing as brotherhood and for brothers to carry on in a convivial manner doesn’t always mean tech, shop, or mechanical talk. Question…

Why was it that during the IA gatherings I did attend that fun, smiles, and good cheer were involved? Huh? Those were times of two wheel brotherhood. Why do keyboard gatherings of the same people have to be any different?

I love being around motorcycle people as much as riding motorcycles and have been to more home fire gatherings AND camp fire gatherings over the decades than could possibly be counted, and ya know what? Seldom was heard a discouraging word much less the simple minded poo butt bickering such as occurs every damned thread here by grown men. Real easy to hide behind a keyboard and speak hateful nonsense that would only get your ass thrown out or kicked in a real life gathering of brothers. True story.
Signifying nothing”