What's the difference...

Keep it civil
DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

What's the difference...

Post by DevilsFan »

...between the UCMJ and civilian law?

...between Civilian Law and Maritime Law?

...of September 12, 2018 and November 3, 2020?

......between Joe Biden and Susan Rice?
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: What's the difference...

Post by RoadKing »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:08 am

This is a quiz, right? And, as soon as we are finished, the other teacher will be along to correct us in spite of our valiant but misguided efforts, right? Teachers are a supercilious lot. And boring.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

RoadKing wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:18 am
DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:08 am

This is a quiz, right? And, as soon as we are finished, the other teacher will be along to correct us in spite of our valiant but misguided efforts, right? Teachers are a supercilious lot. And boring.
Or how correct we are...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Ambassador Susan E. Rice is the Domestic Policy Advisor in the Biden Administration. As Director of the Domestic Policy Council, she drives the formulation and implementation of the Biden administration domestic policy agenda, from economic mobility and racial equity to health care and immigration....She runs the show.

Joe Biden is a demented hair sniffing pedophile baffoon.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

navigator wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:42 pm
Ambassador Susan E. Rice is the Domestic Policy Advisor in the Biden Administration. As Director of the Domestic Policy Council, she drives the formulation and implementation of the Biden administration domestic policy agenda, from economic mobility and racial equity to health care and immigration....She runs the show.

Joe Biden is a demented hair sniffing pedophile baffoon.
We aren't supposed to be using the term pedophile anymore because it is offensive to pedophiles. The new term is Minor Attracted Person (MAP). Don't you keep up with political correctness?
:bonk:
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Executive Order 13885

Marbury vs. Madison 1803, 5 U.S. (2 Cranch) 137, 174, 176.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

H.R.7738 — 95th Congress (1977-1978)

10 United States Code 12406

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Only one person can activate the National Guard on a federal level. Who is that one person?

Who activated the NG on January 6th and also on January 17, 2021? Are ya sure???

Lots of reading...go slowly.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

From here on...EVERYTHING is optics and noise.

Turn off Fox news.

It's still a ways off.

(Some of you) heard it here first.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:58 pm

Yep. For what it’s worth. But, thank you for your two cents, er, bitcoins.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

RoadKing wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:32 pm
DevilsFan wrote:

I think you've had it correct all along. We just have to sit back, do our best to keep our own safe and secure.

If there's one thing the vast majority of Americans respect the most it the military.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

DevilsFan wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 4:34 am
RoadKing wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:32 pm
DevilsFan wrote:

I think you've had it correct all along. We just have to sit back, do our best to keep our own safe and secure.

If there's one thing the vast majority of Americans respect the most it the military.
We respect the military, but when you look straight up the chain of command and see Biden at the top, his administration calling the shots, respect takes a beating.
Signifying nothing”

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

Q: What's the difference between a beer and a booger?

A: You put a beer ON TOP of the table.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

DF, your assertion is off. YES only the president of the US can activate title 32, but the governor can call them up to perform in a state emergency. That's what happened on the 6th and 17th. They weren't operating under title 32.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Tbeck wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 1:19 pm
DF, your assertion is off. YES only the president of the US can activate title 32, but the governor can call them up to perform in a state emergency. That's what happened on the 6th and 17th. They weren't operating under title 32.
FEDERALIZED, T! There's a difference.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

DevilsFan wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 4:51 pm
Tbeck wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 1:19 pm
FEDERALIZED, T! There's a difference.
T is slow on the uptake...

You are correct.

That is why Trump ask Polosi about calling them up before Jan 6.

DC is not a state and has no governor. All federal.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Guy's the District of Columbia National Guard is under the Authority of the Secretary of the Army for call up. The president is not necessary for the DC guard to be called up for policing, and they weren't activated under title 32 which would federalize their service.
Herb, yes Trump did ask if the guard should be activated. Both Pelosi and the DC mayor said no. However there were guardsmen activated to assist in traffic duty on Jan 6. Ultimately the capitol police should have been able to handle J6 had they been adequately manned to address the additional number of people at the capitol that day.
However DF 's assertion is that ONLY the president had the authority to call up the DC guard and that is BLATANTLY FALSE.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Tbeck wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:51 pm
Guy's the District of Columbia National Guard is under the Authority of the Secretary of the Army for call up. The president is not necessary for the DC guard to be called up for policing, and they weren't activated under title 32 which would federalize their service.
Herb, yes Trump did ask if the guard should be activated. Both Pelosi and the DC mayor said no. However there were guardsmen activated to assist in traffic duty on Jan 6. Ultimately the capitol police should have been able to handle J6 had they been adequately manned to address the additional number of people at the capitol that day.
However DF 's assertion is that ONLY the president had the authority to call up the DC guard and that is BLATANTLY FALSE.

NOOOOO....that's NOT what I stated.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

The Guard for DC are federal (presidential) controlled.

The article lies about being denied the Guard. They refused the Guard the day before and didn't ask for it until after thing got bad. The guard is a reserve unit and unless they are pre-staged they cannot react on a moments notice.

On top of that it takes the President to authorize it and he was still at the rally when thing started to go downhill.

In my opinion Polosi planned for things to go sideways and knew how long it would take to get troops there.

BTW, T is wrong, AGAIN.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/veri ... 73af4f29e0

VERIFY: Who controls the National Guard and how are they deployed?
DC National Guard is uniquely controlled by the federal government, and there's a process to how they are deployed. Here's a breakdown.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 7:53 pm
The Guard for DC are federal (presidential) controlled.

The article lies about being denied the Guard. They refused the Guard the day before and didn't ask for it until after thing got bad. The guard is a reserve unit and unless they are pre-staged they cannot react on a moments notice.

On top of that it takes the President to authorize it and he was still at the rally when thing started to go downhill.

In my opinion Polosi planned for things to go sideways and knew how long it would take to get troops there.

BTW, T is wrong, AGAIN.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/veri ... 73af4f29e0

VERIFY: Who controls the National Guard and how are they deployed?
DC National Guard is uniquely controlled by the federal government, and there's a process to how they are deployed. Here's a breakdown.
Once again, I find you and sgt to be very knowledgeable and informative. Thank you.
Yeah, old T started out saying the governor has the right to call out The Guard in DC! You know he is shooting mindlessly from the hip and expects his inferior students to believe his tripe. THE GOVERNOR! What a joke. The post he said that is not too far back, not to be denied.
Signifying nothing”