'nuff said.
Grow old disgracefully young man.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: Men

Post by sgtcall »

This is why.

If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

How many kids today take things apart to see how they work?

By the time I was 5 I was taking things apart and putting them back together, sometimes they even worked. :ShitGrin:
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Spent entire summers, sunup to sundown, as a kid playing sandlot baseball. No parental or adult supervision of any kind. Early 1950’s.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

My early years as a child my summers were spent at my Grandparents' home in Sweetlake, La, who both did not speak English and where I'd really learn the Cajun language ..
Milking cows and eating breakfast before the sun came up and then along with my younger first cousin being told to skiddale to spend the entire day exploring the countryside. In shorts and barefooted and not a barbwire fence in sight we would swim in rice canals and eat blackberries and when the sun was setting we both knew to head back to Grandpa and Grandma's. Then after a quick bath in a galvanized wash tub with lye soap we were allowed back into the house.
Good Times that I will always treasure..
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Grew up spending most summers until age 8 on my great grandmother's farm. Lot's of fond memories. After she passed I spent most of my time in the mountains scouting out the national and state forests. Like many have said, no adult supervision, and sun up to down.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I lived on a short dirt road that had 6 houses on it. All were on 1 acre lots. There was about 2-3 square miles of area that we used to wander in. Mom had us check in every few hours. The rest of out time was pretty much our own.

As we got older, 7-8, I and some of my friends used to ride our bikcycles everywhere. 15-20 mile rides on the back roads were common.

Then the motorcycle riding started. By just crossing a few county/state roads I had access to thousands of square miles of dirt roads.

Rush home from school, get my chores done and on the bike, any weather, ride until after dark.

Great place to grow up.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.