Make the Military Weak Again !!!!

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Make the Military Weak Again !!!!

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt, if you don't want female's in the army combat roles, you can just say so, it's allowed. However to premise the argument on they can't meet standard's, or worse that they rely on feelings, flies in the face of reality. The reality being that MANY nations have been utilizing women in combat for millennium. Take for example Israel. About 4% serve in combat roles, and Jordan has a higher percentage. So they can do it, and well.
Do I believe that MOST women are up to the task? No and that's why the service's have traditionally maintained high standards. I'm not sure what the current level of female service members in combat roles, but it is likely very low.

For the record picking on Australian or Canadian military readiness is a fool's venture. They have historically been the first to come to the aide of their allies, and have the reputation of being fearless. Just saying.

RK, we used to call it co-ed, but gender neutral is the current description.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

I had to look and it appears that the percentage of female infantry is 1.6.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

navigator wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:18 am
But which bathroom should they use?
Ever spent a few days on an Objective Rally Point (ORP)? Or in a hole for an Observation Point (OP)? In the ORP the Platoon or Squad digs one hole in the center and everyone uses it. It is a temporary tactical position so there is no blind or any real concealment for the hole you just go while everyone else is on security facing out. In a OP you live in a foxhole and you go in an MRE bag then carry it out with you in your ruck.

The ORP situation was the first issue we had when they started the Female Engagement Teams that worked with us.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:51 am

For the record picking on Australian or Canadian military readiness is a fool's venture. They have historically been the first to come to the aide of their allies, and have the reputation of being fearless. Just saying.
This is exactly the point. Lets just say there was a draft again and since females want equal treatment they are drafted too. In which group would you have the best chance of finding thousands of new soldiers that can meet the standard? Males or Females. You can't waste time sorting them out during training and have to make the choice before they report to basic.

PS. Most of the Israeli females in the Infantry are snipers that work out of set towers. They are very good but it is not the same.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt, most female soldiers are in support roles, so the real question is do they really need to be able to pass the same physical testing as ground infantry? I do know that there have been 2 or maybe 3 now that have made it through the special operations training but I believe that the most recent one max'd out the time allotments. It's not likely she'll ever complete the school's, so it's really more about saying it can be done.
There's at least a dozen really good reasons to not assign women to combat, but we live in the age of inclusion. But I think the government is going to have some really pissed off parents if/when they try to add selective service requirements to female's.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

As an MP I hated that there were females in the MP Corp. I won't lie and say we didn't need them as they accomodated any female arrests and had a maternal knack when children were involved.

But every female MP, within 6 months of getting assigned to the units I were in, got pregnant and used up every ounce of maternity leave and milked the shit out of light duty. This meant extra shifts for all of the guys. :hellfire:

I can see women being very active in the Air Force, 'cause they're a bunch of pussies. But all of the other branches...unless they're doctors/nurses, MP's or clerical they become a nusance more than anything. The guys get stupid because they want a piece of them, then they get their asses in trouble.

And I always questioned why any woman would want to join in a "group" where the guy/girl ratio was 100,000-to-1. :dunno:
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:17 pm
As an MP I hated that there were females in the MP Corp. I won't lie and say we didn't need them as they accomodated any female arrests and had a maternal knack when children were involved.

But every female MP, within 6 months of getting assigned to the units I were in, got pregnant and used up every ounce of maternity leave and milked the shit out of light duty. This meant extra shifts for all of the guys. :hellfire:

I can see women being very active in the Air Force, 'cause they're a bunch of pussies. But all of the other branches...unless they're doctors/nurses, MP's or clerical they become a nusance more than anything. The guys get stupid because they want a piece of them, then they get their asses in trouble.

And I always questioned why any woman would want to join in a "group" where the guy/girl ratio was 100,000-to-1. :dunno:
Every Combat MP platoon I have ever worked with was a freak show. They were all doing each other in garrison and in the field. One of the MP platoons in Baumholder had every leader in the platoon relieved, from the Platoon leader to the team leaders, for having sex parties. The PL was female and at one party in her house she was passing out condoms at the door.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:05 pm
Sgt, most female soldiers are in support roles, so the real question is do they really need to be able to pass the same physical testing as ground infantry? I do know that there have been 2 or maybe 3 now that have made it through the special operations training but I believe that the most recent one max'd out the time allotments. It's not likely she'll ever complete the school's, so it's really more about saying it can be done.
There's at least a dozen really good reasons to not assign women to combat, but we live in the age of inclusion. But I think the government is going to have some really pissed off parents if/when they try to add selective service requirements to female's.
There have been a few that made it through SF selection but none have passed the Q-course. Delta only has the ones that made it through Special Missions in support of the Delta teams.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Now we've found something that I can agree with. If they get pregnant put them out. Doesn't matter what mos or afsc they cannot meet the deployment expectations.

DF, pussies? Or just smarter? I used to laugh when I was on joint duty and I got 5 star hotel accommodations and a nice rental car where my counterparts were 3 to a room and walking :Cool: .

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Tbeck wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:48 pm
Now we've found something that I can agree with. If they get pregnant put them out. Doesn't matter what mos or afsc they cannot meet the deployment expectations.

DF, pussies? Or just smarter? I used to laugh when I was on joint duty and I got 5 star hotel accommodations and a nice rental car where my counterparts were 3 to a room and walking :Cool: .
Yeah...pussies!!! :lmao:

I got a 3 day R&R during Desert Storm. Where'd they send me? To an Air Force base. They had rooms, a dinning hall and I'll never forget the spinning, glass dessert refridgerators...in the middle of a "war"!!!

I went in the Army in 1988. I was home a year later using some leave. My cousin, who just got out of the AF basic training was home as well, so we all met up at uncle's house. We all sat down in front of the TV as my cousin had us watch his boot camp obstacle course that they fimed.

OMG!!! I was dying!!! :lmao: My cousin was telling us how he thought he'd never get through it. I was watching with my mouth to the floor. I watched him approach the rope-swing-across-the-pool obstacle. THEY HAD TO COME TO A COMPLETE STOP AND WAIT FOR THE DRILL SGT TO HAND THEM THE ROPE SO THEY COULD SWING ACROSS A 10' WIDE POOL...FOR SAFETY REASONS!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yeah...pussies!!! :moon:
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

In OIF 1 about 4 months into it we ended up on the airfield in Kirkuk for a couple of days. We had been sleeping on the ground since we left Camp Virginia and there was a big connex insert (box) of cots on the airfield. The sign on them said 'Air Force Personnel Only'. We backed up a Bradley and slept on cots for the rest of the year. :lmao:

Thank you Air Force!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Old dude turn…

Served early 60’s. Never once saw a chick in uniform. I was in a combat ready nuclear artillery battalion, West Germany. Much of the training and military duty is clear in my my head. Just 12 miles from Iron Curtain when we were put on full alert because of the JFK assassination. Endless memories of my time. But not one memory of a chick in uniform. Didn’t happen. Some seriously bad ass dudes but not one chick. We went into the German towns looking for pussy. Don’t know how that sounds to you younger vets, but your stories of women in the ranks sounds like desecration of something sacred to this old war dog.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tbeck wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:51 am
Sgt, if you don't want female's in the army combat roles, you can just say so, it's allowed. However to premise the argument on they can't meet standard's, or worse that they rely on feelings, flies in the face of reality. The reality being that MANY nations have been utilizing women in combat for millennium. Take for example Israel. About 4% serve in combat roles, and Jordan has a higher percentage. So they can do it, and well.
Do I believe that MOST women are up to the task? No and that's why the service's have traditionally maintained high standards. I'm not sure what the current level of female service members in combat roles, but it is likely very low.

RK, we used to call it co-ed, but gender neutral is the current description.

Women have no choice .
Is military service mandatory in Israel? Yes, it is mandatory. 3 years for men 2 years for girls. Druzes men included in mandatory compulsory Service. Girls Druzes exempted. Arabs exempted. Though some volunteers.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

The Chain of Command.
I believe in strict adherence to the Chain. For that reason I could not be a part of today’s armed forces if they are as I see them described. No way I could take orders from a shrill bitch so that eliminates me.
Today’s good little boys and girls are raised and schooled to accept woke feminist crap so they should fit in just right.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

DF, yes you joined during the time frame that everything was beginning to break down, and even basics was reduced to 6 weeks. Still how much marching around does one need to accomplish to be tough?
I've had Marines and Army call me a pussy, but none would step out back to back up their comments. That's alright cause I didn't have a thing to prove and still don't. We had a member on the purple board that acted the tough guy, and claimed to be SF which he wasn't. Called his bluff twice. The branch doesn't make anyone tough, or not.

During DS/DS where you were really determined what accomodations were available. When I got pulled out for r&r it was to a small airfield in SA. Lot's of tent's but it beat hell out of the sand. Other unit's in Saudi were in 5 star hotels. Lucky bastard's.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

In defense of the Air Force.

We had the Air Force, Joint Terminal Attack Controllers (JTACs) that worked with us while deployed. They were good guys and did everything with us. It was always nice having an extra couple of guns in the squad and they were really good at getting attack aviation to us when needed. But these guys were their own breed, most had Ranger tabs and they really grew up more in the Army than the Air Force.

I tell my daughters friends to join the Air Force all the time but they never seem to listen because apparently I have no idea what I am talking about and their recruiter would never lie to them.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

One of my daughters friends wanted to be a door kicker and his recruiter convinced him to go Intelligence because those are the guys that kick in doors and gather intel. :lmao:

I told him that was BS but he went with what the recruiter said.

The kid has been miserable for 3 years now.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt depends on the Intel identifier. He's probably sitting behind a computer or radio monitor :lmao: that sucks. The Air Force does have a humint Intel identifier and those guys usually embed with army or marines.
JTAC, para, CCT, and a couple other specialties go to the service schools; jump, uw demo, survival, etc...all the advanced joint and service specific. JTAC training isn't as long as some of the others, but they know their stuff.
Hahaha I thought I had forgotten most of this stuff.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:29 pm
Sgt depends on the Intel identifier. He's probably sitting behind a computer or radio monitor :lmao: that sucks. The Air Force does have a humint Intel identifier and those guys usually embed with army or marines.
JTAC, para, CCT, and a couple other specialties go to the service schools; jump, uw demo, survival, etc...all the advanced joint and service specific. JTAC training isn't as long as some of the others, but they know their stuff.
Hahaha I thought I had forgotten most of this stuff.
On occasion we had the Human intelligence Teams (HUMINT) embedded with us but, Private to General regardless of rank, we made them wait in the track or truck until we cleared the building or area. Same went for the Brigade and Division staff guys they would send out with us so they could try and get their Combat Action Badge (CAB). If you let them out they just got in the way but they could still get their dumb ass badge.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Tbeck wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:25 pm
DF, yes you joined during the time frame that everything was beginning to break down, and even basics was reduced to 6 weeks. Still how much marching around does one need to accomplish to be tough?

T, chill. I'm just messin'. :lmao:

Then again, I don't ever recall another branch telling me the Army was soft...only for me to try and EXPLAIN why they weren't! :lmao: Nope, us Army men give it right back at 'em! :moon: