Elon Musk's Starlink

Keep it civil
DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Elon Musk's Starlink

Post by DevilsFan »

Musk’s Starlink Aiding Florida With Internet Access After Hurricane Ian, DeSantis Says

DeSantis said the company plans to send 120 "large Starlink units" to Florida, which will serve as satellite dishes to distribute internet connections to devices within a 13-mile radius.

Search and rescue crews will also be prioritized in receiving access to Starlink units, DeSantis said.

Starlink is fully covering "the costs associated with all the coverage," according to the governor.

Understand the significance of Starlink, that during disasters, Internet can and will be provided. Starlink is so much more.

Source
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasre ... -says/amp/

***The question I have is...why the need??? Unless, something's about to go down? :dunno:
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: Elon Musk's Starlink

Post by FallenAngel »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:14 pm
Musk’s Starlink Aiding Florida With Internet Access After Hurricane Ian, DeSantis Says

DeSantis said the company plans to send 120 "large Starlink units" to Florida, which will serve as satellite dishes to distribute internet connections to devices within a 13-mile radius.

***The question I have is...why the need??? Unless, something's about to go down? :dunno:

So 72% of the effected population can log in to find out when the power is getting turned back on after they plug it in to a power out let

Im thinking survivors need Medical supply's water food Shelter and Generators or is FEMA going to go it alone
120 units??? what good is 120 sat dishes for more than 33000 people effected by the devastation

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

FallenAngel wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:26 am

So 72% of the effected population can log in to find out when the power is getting turned back on after they plug it in to a power out let

Im thinking survivors need Medical supply's water food Shelter and Generators or is FEMA going to go it alone
120 units??? what good is 120 sat dishes for more than 33000 people effected by the devastation

Yeah...I'm thinking Starlink was created for another purpose.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

I would say Money mostly
SAT Coms have been around for a long time and used by the military because using our tax dollars paid for the communication satellites and for a high price civilians could purchases sat phones and rent sat time
I thank sat phones truly entered the civilian market in the early 80s??
Not sure
Now satellite communication is available to everyone that can afford it
$500 for the basic unit and $135.00 a month (price just went up from $1100.00
The business unit is over $2000.00 for the unit and I dont know how much a month
ANd for remote areas with no cell towers this could be the way to go

Before it was a defecated unit Starlink is basically a modem that you can plug your computer into But I figure you had that part figured out

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Don't know how much you follow it but you can purchase a sat phone sim card for your cell phone for around $50 and the monthly plans are pretty cheap now as well. A dedicated sat phone is going to set you back about the same as a new 5g cell.
I got to looking at an emergency transmitter for a ride trip in remote USA locations a few years back. Picked up one that allowed me to text and has the emergency feature. Cost about $50 a month for the service. Good to have if you ride back country and/or alone.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Nothing new about sattelite phones. My in laws had one over 15 years ago when they were sailing around the world. My buddy who rode his DR650 solo around Australia a few years back also took one with him. Not cheap compared to normal phones and from memory the in laws used to be charged by the amount of text / characters if they used it for emails or messaging.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

And that proves my point
Sat-up links have been around a long time and have become more affordable and have a specific purpose and that is when out of range of cell towers when communication is a must
Also the range is 13 miles I just guessing but is the range for a wireless connection??
13 miles can hold alot of people all wanting to get on the internet
And who is going to be in charge and have the password for these units
Unless there portable units with there own power supply(that will need to be charged ) these units will need power and the users will also need power if there communication devices survived

Also I dont believe that these sat-up links well be for the general population and will be reserved for emergency personnel

Again
send water food and shelter

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Don't forget, the sat-links from years previous don't, necessarily, have the same, updated technology that Musk's Starlink may/may not have.

Do you honestly think that Elon Musk would put in place old technology?!?!

I still think there's a reason that Musk set this up. Time will tell.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:12 am
Don't forget, the sat-links from years previous don't, necessarily, have the same, updated technology that Musk's Starlink may/may not have.

Old technology??No
Out dated technology Wouldnt surprise me
I honestly think this is little more then a public relation's tactic and a way to on load some older equipment and get a decent tax write off
The only ones that will benefit from sat uplinks are those that have power and have accsess to the units
Now If you have another theory I for one would be interested in hearing about it

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

FallenAngel wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:06 pm
DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:12 am

Old technology??No
Out dated technology Wouldnt surprise me
I honestly think this is little more then a public relation's tactic and a way to on load some older equipment and get a decent tax write off
The only ones that will benefit from sat uplinks are those that have power and have accsess to the units
Now If you have another theory I for one would be interested in hearing about it
I believe this may have something to do with the media blackouts that have been discussed. Don't know when...or if it will even occur...but, if it does then Starlink may be able to thwart communications from being totally down.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Time stamp.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:20 pm
I believe this may have something to do with the media blackouts that have been discussed. Don't know when...or if it will even occur...but, if it does then Starlink may be able to thwart communications from being totally down.
Total media black out??
News. social. private sector??
Difficult to do short of an EMP
A few months ago we experienced a solar flare that took out some com towers and internet hubs/
I would guess that satellites are protected for solar flares but Im sure the flare played havoc on some of the satellites/

I wouldn't surprise me if Musk didnt start that rumor

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

FallenAngel wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:51 pm
DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:20 pm
Total media black out??
News. social. private sector??
Difficult to do short of an EMP
A few months ago we experienced a solar flare that took out some com towers and internet hubs/
I would guess that satellites are protected for solar flares but Im sure the flare played havoc on some of the satellites/

I wouldn't surprise me if Musk didnt start that rumor

Are you SURE they were solar flares??? Why, because the same media that's been lying to you for decades...and the same "scientists" claiming "climate change"...told you?

There's so much bullshit floating out there, and as of late, these "scientists" have been debunked time and again, that I don't believe most of what they claim.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

DevilsFan wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:28 pm
Are you SURE they were solar flares??? Why, because the same media that's been lying to you for decades...and the same "scientists" claiming "climate change"...told you?

There's so much bullshit floating out there, and as of late, these "scientists" have been debunked time and again, that I don't believe most of what they claim.
Yah Im pretty sure it was solar flares
I myself dont listen to the"Scientists" and the end of the world scenarios.
Global warming is a fact but not for the reasons bloating the media also it isnt the first time the earth has gone through a climate change'
Fact is I dont believe 90% of what goes around on social media.
I do know for a fact that cell communication where disrupted and my internet ran like a bloated pig.
A solar flare is an acceptable and plausible explanation

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

NOTHING IN NATURE ALWAYS STAYS THE SAME THING ...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

⚡️Elon Musk Slammed After Ukraine Loses Starlink Signal - RT

Ukraine's armed forces have complained about losing the signal distributed by Elon Musk's Starlink satellite system with Western media calling it “catastrophic.”

The connection problem began after the world's richest man suggested a way to end the Ukraine conflict, causing a rapid backlash.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

CNN: SpaceX says it can no longer pay for critical satellite services in Ukraine, asks Pentagon to pick up the tab

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

I firmly believe this was a set-up since day one. Musk is fucking with them hard! And, more importantly, it's showing the world the government corruption bith in the US and in Ukraine.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

JUST IN - Pentagon is considering paying for Starlink in Ukraine, according to two U.S. officials, Politico reports.

@disclosetv

I still believe this has been a play since day one. Now I'm wondering if Starlink can be recorded and traced. If so I'm thinking...Space Force.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »