Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: renewable energy

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:44 pm
So this really is just another circle jerk of anti green bollocks. I guess you guys score points for being consistent at least.
Incorrect AGAIN. :uhh:

This is a Discussion of what IS ACTUALLY happening about renewable energy ....information that is almost always hidden/under reported by the mainstream "media". Information such as this;
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=2
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=5
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=6
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=10
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=12
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=14
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=19
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=20
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=31
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=35
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=37

But,...all anyone REALLY needs to know is this:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=28

But instead of accepting/discussing all these, you post this phony "label" because you see that what has been posted.....IS THE TRUTH,......TRUTH you cannot refute.....so you stoop to your usual left-wing response of Baseless and Infantile Ridicule....... because you are too AFRAID to discuss and accept THE TRUTH that what you believe is FAULTY and MISTAKEN.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, you can stop with the TBECK waiting right now. YOU did NOT ask me anything that I didn't answer in this post, and I stepped away from it when you started getting nasty again.

PS...you might try READING, followed by THINKING and you MIGHT figure out that hillsy did NOT make the claim YOU'VE attributed to his reply to DF?

OR we can all just assume that I was correct with my previous post.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Tbeck,....nice try,...but a fail again. :space: I never said I ASKED you for anything,...let's straighten this out now.

You made the claim that there was Name-calling in this Thread:
Tbeck wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:18 am
Okay I guess I am done with this post. Maybe if the intent of a post is to start a shit stirring name calling insult session, that should be in the title? Had I known that was the intent I would not have wasted my time.
To which,...I politely responded that,...the was not any;
Designer wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:11 pm
There's no "name calling". :space: But you just go ahead to do what you want! :dunno:
And politely said you can do what you want and leave if you so choose. :dunno:

Since you did not post anything to Back Up your accusation,...I posted this;
Designer wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:11 pm
While we wait for hillsy and TBeck to act as would Adults in a Discussion and prove what they "claim" ,....let's take a look at more of what "renewable energy" is doing for our Environment;
But, now We See you choose not to leave,.....so,...where is it? :space: Where is what you have that backs up your "name-calling" accusation made? :Umm:

We will wait. :popcorn:

PS,....Notice?....I did not ASK you for anything? :space: So we can delete yet ANOTHER one of your bogus "claims" that I did so.
Tbeck wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:00 pm
Designer, you can stop with the TBECK waiting right now. YOU did NOT ask me anything that I didn't answer in this post .......

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

While we wait for Tbeck to back up his accusation,...let's get back to The Main Topic;

Elon Strikes Again: Tesla Solar Customer in Hawaii Has Waited *4 Years* to Generate Power
LUCAS NOLAN27 Sep 2022

A man in Hawaii likely thought he would free himself from electric bills while saving the environment when he bought into Elon Musk’s promises about solar power — but all he has gotten is a Tesla nightmare. Ben Kulia’s Tesla solar panels were installed in 2018, but haven’t generated a single watt of power in the four years since. “I feel really mental anguish every time I come home,” Kulia said in describing his relationship with Elon Musk’s company.

Hawaii News Now reports that in June 2018, Tesla’s SolarCity installed solar roof panels and wall chargers on one man’s home in Manoa. Ben Kulia has been left waiting since then to actually use the solar power system that he paid for. “There’s no proper permit, I cannot turn it on,” he said. “And therefore the system just sits on my roof. And I feel really mental anguish every time I come home.”

The city’s Department of Planning and Permitting says that it’s been waiting since October 2019 to receive paperwork from Tesla that will allow the department to approve the permit. Tesla has assured Kulia they’re still working on it — for around four years.

However, in March, all communications from Tesla stopped and all customer service inquiries were sent to a call center. After spending more than $50,000 in roof repairs, installation costs, and legal fees, Kulia says that he feels abandoned. He has even tweeted to Tesla CEO Elon Musk asking him to rectify the issue.

“The system is just sitting there waste away, you know, because the solar cell gets degraded over time,” said Kulia. “I don’t have that much resources to take Tesla to court.” Kulia says since the installation of the system, his electricity costs are 60 percent higher and he estimates that he has lost more than $30,000 in potential energy savings.

Rocky Mould, the executive director of the Hawaii Solar Energy Association which Tesla is a member of, commented: “We stand by our member companies. They adhere to a code of ethics, We enforce that code of ethics for our members and part of that is being forthright and honest and transparent in all dealings with customers.”

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

And so another Springy dipshit thread carries on... :dunno:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:32 pm
And so another Springy dipshit thread carries on...
Instead of your repetitive childish ridicule,....I invite you to directly address the content of The Ongoing Topical discussion;

This is a Discussion of what IS ACTUALLY happening about renewable energy ....information that is almost always hidden/under reported by the mainstream "media". Information such as this;
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=2
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=5
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=6
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=10
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=12
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=14
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=19
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=20
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=31
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=35
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=37

But,...all anyone REALLY needs to know is this:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=28

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

There's no "ongoing topical discussion" here - it's just another thread to bash renewables.

You'd think there was enough of those threads in this forum already but here you go spewing out another one.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:53 pm
There's no "ongoing topical discussion" here - it's just another thread to bash renewables.
:uhh: :space: hillsy can't stand discussion that provides POV and TRUTH that threatens his little 'renewable energy' world,....so he posts this!

Your evading the Factual Content of all the messages I linked to amounts to NOTHING of consequence in the discussion.....as usual. :dunno:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Springy - I've read this thread so I have no idea why you feel compelled to post hyperlinks to all the posts in it (that doesn't make any of them "facts" by the way - they are just posts).

And now this thread is just the same as all the other green energy / climate change bollocks threads you post in ad-infinitum where there is just a load of one-sided bullshit....and name calling.

And thats why no one is engaging in it.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Let's get back to The Main Topic;

The Better informed now turning away from green agenda
By Gregory Wrightstone

President Biden and others who would stake the future of modern civilization on wind and solar technologies are ignoring former environmental activists who have now soured on so-called green energy. As better-informed people increasingly turn to responsible use of fossil fuels and nuclear power, political leaders continue to pursue a false “green” promise.

In Washington, D.C., radical anti-fossil fuel policies are being promoted that would devastate America’s economy. It continues to be promoted even though it is obvious that overreliance on wind energy contributed to costly and deadly power outages last month during a Texas cold snap and similar, but not so deadly results recently in Europe.

There are plenty of arguments against these “green” proposals made purportedly to save the planet from human-induced warming.
First, the underlying premise of looming planetary doom due to man-made warming is demonstrably false. By nearly every metric, Earth and its people are flourishing. As much as half the planet’s surface has become greener over the past 50 years because of slightly higher levels of carbon dioxide and natural increases in warmth. Secondly, investments in wind turbines and solar panels divert resources from more reliable and efficient fossil fuels and nuclear power that have produced unprecedented prosperity.

Green warriors” who dismiss these arguments at least ought to consider that many of those who once embraced radical plans to “save the planet” now spurn them.

One is Michael Schellenberger, a green-energy activist who hosted on his 16th birthday a fund raiser to “save” rain forests. Now middle aged and author of the 2020 book “Apocalypse Never,” Mr. Schellenberger says, “The idea that we’re going to replace oil and coal and natural gas with solar and wind and nothing else is a hallucinatory delusion.”

Mr. Schellenberger tells of his realization that fossil fuels were key to an astonishing improvement of the human condition since the 18th century and are necessary to raise billions of third world inhabitants from crushing poverty and privation. “Green” technologies, he concludes, are expensive, unreliable, environmentally damaging and incapable of sustaining the globe.

“Human civilization would have to occupy one hundred to one thousand times more space if it were to rely solely on renewables,” Mr. Schellenberger writes. “If the United States were to try to generate all of the energy it uses with renewables, 25 percent to 50 percent of all land in the United States would be required. By contrast, today’s energy system requires just 0.5 percent of land in the United States.”

There are plenty of others like Mr. Schellenberger. In the 2013 video documentary “Pandora’s Promise,” he appeared with four former opponents of nuclear power to promote that technology over both of the green technologies they once endorsed.

Of nuclear power Mr. Schellenberger writes: “Between 1965 and 2018, the world spent about $2 trillion for nuclear and $2.3 trillion for solar and wind. At the end of the experiment, the world received about twice as much electricity from nuclear as it did from solar and wind.”

One of the better known environmentalists to have moderated his views is Dr. Patrick Moore, a founding member of Greenpeace who left the organization and wrote Confessions of a Greenpeace Dropout: The Making of a Sensible Environmentalist. Currently a board member at the CO2 Coalition, he also has written a paper, “The Positive Impact of Human CO2 Emissions on the Survival of Life on Earth.” The paper concludes that carbon dioxide released from fossil fuels in the industrial age may have reversed a long-term, dangerous decline that threatened to bring CO2 concentrations below the level needed for plant life. That catastrophe would make the current climate scare an ironic footnote in the epitaph of humanity.

Another who first promoted but now rejects alternative energy is Michael Moore, a quintessential West Coast liberal whose 2019 documentary “Planet of the Humans” presents green energy as an environmentally dangerous, money-grubbing, capitalist con. However, the film falls well short of sensible when it concludes that environmental issues demand Earth’s depopulation.

Which returns us to the stubborn allegiance to green energy of people like those now in power in Washington, D.C, who are proposing economically crippling carbon taxation schemes. Why the insistence on punishing the technologies that provide affordable, abundant and reliable energy and supporting those that do not?

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

What's to get back to now that you've turned it into another of your toilet post's.

And YES you took it there, and YES you couldn't let thing lie and brought my name into a post I had already informed you that I was done with.

So WHY would YOU do that??? Because you are the dick that goes out of his way to turn every post into a shit fest and drive everyone away from the forum. No need to take my word for that, we can simply look to all the departed folk's that have said so.
Shape up, it's YOU not other's

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Looks like Springy has gone back and edited his posts to take mention of you out of them Tim.

Then again he will always do that if you call him out on something but don't quote him.

Anyway - I guess you can call that a win. Or owned. Or something
:lmao:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

More of his bullshit.... Anyone else did the crap he does would be kicked out for a good long while. The board has lost too many good folk's that post interesting stuff, and he's still here?
Removing content he posted because he got called out isn't any different than lying, and we all know he'll play victim.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

"Which returns us to the stubborn allegiance to green energy of people like those now in power in Washington, D.C, who are proposing economically crippling carbon taxation schemes. Why the insistence on punishing the technologies that provide affordable, abundant and reliable energy and supporting those that do not?"

It isn't about "green energy" or "climate", it is about power and control...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:16 pm
"Which returns us to the stubborn allegiance to green energy of people like those now in power in Washington, D.C, who are proposing economically crippling carbon taxation schemes. Why the insistence on punishing the technologies that provide affordable, abundant and reliable energy and supporting those that do not?"

It isn't about "green energy" or "climate", it is about power and control...
Exactly so, Herb. :space: But,....it seems there are those who are repeatedly trying to Drag Down this Thread with their Endless Off-topic Whiny Complaints, Baseless Ridicule and Failure To Back Up Their False Accusations. :dunno:

Let's us Rise Above such as they and Keep It On Topic. :space: To that end, here's another Article about a similar situation as is the First Message of this Thread;

Elon Strikes Again: Tesla Solar Customer in Hawaii Has Waited *4 Years* to Generate Power
LUCAS NOLAN 27 Sep 2022

A man in Hawaii likely thought he would free himself from electric bills while saving the environment when he bought into Elon Musk’s promises about solar power — but all he has gotten is a Tesla nightmare. Ben Kulia’s Tesla solar panels were installed in 2018, but haven’t generated a single watt of power in the four years since. “I feel really mental anguish every time I come home,” Kulia said in describing his relationship with Elon Musk’s company.

Hawaii News Now reports that in June 2018, Tesla’s SolarCity installed solar roof panels and wall chargers on one man’s home in Manoa. Ben Kulia has been left waiting since then to actually use the solar power system that he paid for. “There’s no proper permit, I cannot turn it on,” he said. “And therefore the system just sits on my roof. And I feel really mental anguish every time I come home.”

The city’s Department of Planning and Permitting says that it’s been waiting since October 2019 to receive paperwork from Tesla that will allow the department to approve the permit. Tesla has assured Kulia they’re still working on it — for around four years.

However, in March, all communications from Tesla stopped and all customer service inquiries were sent to a call center. After spending more than $50,000 in roof repairs, installation costs, and legal fees, Kulia says that he feels abandoned. He has even tweeted to Tesla CEO Elon Musk asking him to rectify the issue.

“The system is just sitting there waste away, you know, because the solar cell gets degraded over time,” said Kulia. “I don’t have that much resources to take Tesla to court.” Kulia says since the installation of the system, his electricity costs are 60 percent higher and he estimates that he has lost more than $30,000 in potential energy savings.

Rocky Mould, the executive director of the Hawaii Solar Energy Association which Tesla is a member of, commented: “We stand by our member companies. They adhere to a code of ethics, We enforce that code of ethics for our members and part of that is being forthright and honest and transparent in all dealings with customers.”

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Has anyone seen nationwide focus from the ...'renewable energy'....faction on what this poor man has gone through?

Solar power cost him $71,000, but he still can't use it
By: Joe Ducey Sep 29, 2022 and last updated 9:00 AM, Sep 29, 2022

With more than 200 sunny days, the Valley seems a natural place for homeowners wanting to install solar panels.
"I just wanted to be able to run electricity without paying APS costs," Tim Carson says. :space: Tim hired Jet Solar in Tempe and he took out a $71,000 loan to pay off the big project.
It's a lot of money, but Tim says it's worth it since he'll be getting thousands in government rebates.

He says the large number of solar panels should cover energy costs for his big property and he thinks it will produce even more energy than he needs.
"We'd be selling power back to APS," Tim says.
The panels were installed in May but the system can't be connected until Jet Solar replaces an electric panel and sets up an appointment for inspection. :space: Tim thought it would be just in time to cover those huge summer bills he'd face.

That didn't happen.

In late May, when Tim hadn't heard from Jet Solar, he texted them asking "any idea when we will have solar?"
He says he did not get an answer. :space: He texted again in June and finally, an appointment was set for late July.
When that meeting time finally came, Tim says Jet Solar didn't show up for it. :space: County inspector notes say "no one here" and "no panel upgrade yet."

That means no working solar.

Another appointment was set. :space: But again, Tim says Jet Solar wasn't there in time for the APS and County Inspector appointment.
"They don't return messages, they don't return phone calls," he says. :space: So, Tim continues to pay those high summer APS bills and now, he's also stuck paying a $200+ monthly loan payment for a system never connected. :space: Tim's lender, Dividend Finance, sent a letter saying "we have been informed by your contractor" the system has "been installed." :space: Based on that, they say they "disbursed payment to your contractor" and loan obligations begin. :space: "We're paying $500, thereabouts, and not getting any benefit from the solar," Tim says.

When Jet Solar didn't reply to us, we went to their Tempe office. ;space: I asked why the lender says Jet Solar told them the system was complete but the owner would not answer our questions. :space: After Tim got the letter, says he contacted Dividend Finance but got nowhere.

We asked the company why they would release $71,000 of Tim's money without talking to Tim. Dividend Finance responded quickly.

In an email, they say: "Again, thank you for bringing the situation to our attention. We reached out to Jet Solar for an update on this project and it is our understanding that they will be in touch with the homeowner and will offer remediation. In addition, the installer is currently working with the utility company to get the system operational. Great customer service is highly important to us, and we are glad the installer is remediating the situation."

Dividend Finance did not answer why they released the money on a system that isn't working.

In a follow-up email, they only said: "It's our understanding that the installer will be making things right for the homeowner."
While Tim's system is still not connected, he did get a check.

Jet Solar sent him a check for $1,156 to cover loan payments made on a non-working system and they set up a new appointment to finally get that system connected. We'll let you know if that happens.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:01 pm

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

And here,...we have a professional who pointed out THE LIE that is renewable energy ...15 YEARS AGO.

Jesse Ausubel, One Of America’s Top Thinkers On Science and Energy, Wins Nierenberg Prize
By Robert Bryce October 06, 2022

Jesse Ausubel’s work changed the course of my life. About 14 years ago, a friend of mine passed along Ausubel’s landmark 2007 essay, “Renewable and nuclear heresies,” in which he boldly – and rightly -- declared, “Renewables are not green.” He continued, writing that “To reach the scale at which they would contribute importantly to meeting global energy demand, renewable sources of energy, such as wind, water and biomass, cause serious environmental harm. Measuring renewables in watts per square meter that each source could produce smashes these environmental idols. Nuclear energy is green.”

My recollection of that long-ago meeting comes to mind because last month, the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego announced that Jesse has been awarded the Nierenberg Prize for Science in the Public Interest. Previous winners of the Nierenberg prize include biochemist and Nobel Prize winner Jennifer Doudna, filmmaker David Attenborough, and primatologist Jane Goodall. According to an announcement on the Scripps website, the prize is awarded annually by the Neirenberg family to “honor the memory of William A. Nierenberg, an esteemed physicist and national science leader who served Scripps Oceanography as director for two decades.”

It also quoted Nierenberg’s daughter, Vicki Tschinkel, who said “Jesse is renowned for creating colossal collaborations to answer diverse mega questions ranging from climate change to the Census of Marine Life to investigating the source of Leonardo DaVinci’s talent. His strength, brilliance and good nature invite participation and debate from all.” The announcement continues, saying that Ausubel helped found and foster several organizations, “including the Partnership for Observation of the Global Oceans (POGO) and the Andrew W. Marshall Foundation. He is the recipient of numerous awards and honors for his environmental research, including the Blue Frontier/Peter Benchley prize for ocean science; membership in the American Academy of Arts and Sciences; and Japan’s International Cosmos Prize, which he shared with other leaders of the Census of Marine Life project. In the spring of 2021, the website Academic Influence ranked Ausubel as the world’s tenth most influential earth scientist.”

In his 2007 essay, Jesse wrote: “Let’s consider the renewable idols: hydro, biomass, wind and solar. As a Green, I care intensely about land-sparing, about leaving land for Nature.” :space: He then went on to document the power density of each source. But it was his focus on the low power density of wind energy that really caught my attention. “The idol of wind evokes much worship. The basic fact of wind is that it provides about 1.2 watts per square meter or 12,000 watts per hectare of year-round average electric power.”

Ausubel went on to predict the current-day backlash against covering large parts of the desert Southwest with solar panels. “Painting large areas with efficient, thus black, absorbers evokes dark 19th-century visions of the land. I prefer colorful desert to a 150,000 km2 area painted black. Some of the efficient PVs contain nasty elements, such as cadmium.

Wind farms irritate with low-frequency noise and thumps, blight landscapes, interfere with TV reception, and chop birds and bats. At the Altamont wind farm in California, the mills kill 40–60 golden eagles per year. Dams kill rivers... Let’s stop sanctifying false and minor gods and heretically chant ‘Renewables are not Green’...How then can we meet more stringent consumer demands and stay on course for decarbonization? The inevitable reply is nuclear energy.”

In the years since Ausubel’s essay, I have written many articles about the land-use conflicts that are limiting the growth of renewable energy. In the Renewable Rejection Database, I have documented more than 370 rejections of Big Wind and some 90 rejections of Big Solar. Those rejections reflect the surging opposition in states from Maine to Hawaii to the landscape-blighting, viewshed-destroying impact of large renewable projects. All of those rejections are a direct result of renewables’ low power density.

I will end by repeating a line from Ausubel’s 2007 essay. “I care intensely about land-sparing, about leaving land for Nature.” Throughout his long career, he has demonstrated enormous curiosity, intense caring about nature, and an inspiring work ethic. More than anyone I know in the science field today, Jesse Ausubel richly deserves the recognition that comes with the Nierenberg Prize. And today, some 13 years after our rather awkward first meeting, I’m proud to call him a friend.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

There is no one size fits all argument to be made.
Wind, water, solar, bio, petrol, coal, ng, etc...all are proven and all work. The issue as I see it is rather simple; a government that is supposed to work for the people is instead imposing it's will on the people they are supposed to serve.
Unfortunately the corporate special interests have way more money to influence our government than was ever intended. Maybe someone can tell me how a corporation can act as a person for election purposes?
Back to the point and the point is that the government is looking for the next big economic windfall. Since green tech holds the current promise, this administration is going all in.
However my point here is that WE don't have to fight green versus non-renewables. We can choose to be rational and see benefit in all forms of energy. If we aren't fighting about it, Brandon and company lose. They WANT everyone divided so they can do what they want

HARRIS
Bike in shop for repair
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

WELL SAID.... !
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck