Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: renewable energy

Post by RoadKing »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:17 pm
I doubt Tim is agreeing with your fanatical rantings Springy. The issue needs more research.
Rules For Radicals by Alinsky. Powerful tool used by lefties. One of the rules simply states to not face your opponent head on but rather to attack the sanity of your opponent and his ideas without any specifics, the purpose being to dispirit. “Fanatical ravings”? I think not. Designer constantly presents well thought out and researched posts and your responses are merely ad hominem Alinsky bullshit. Hard for me to respond to you, hillsy, because I despise lefty tactics.

Now, go ahead and respond with some illogical yuk yuk emoticons… that’s all you got and they don’t mean shit to me.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Herb wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:55 pm
At the worst time of day solar FAILS to deliver.

Hot weather, smoke in the air, AC is a life saver, and it won't work... Life can get really bad because of dependence on an unreliable power source.

Last year we had smoke from the CA wildfires and my wife is an asthmatic. We normally cool with the swamp cooler and we couldn't use it, our electric bill went through the roof. At least she could breath because our electricity didn't go out.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/sola ... peak-hours

Goals for solar energy production to meet the demands of the power grid went up in smoke last week as Canadian wildfires filled American skies with haze.

New England solar farms produced as much as 56 percent less electricity than in the previous week during peak demand times, according to Bloomberg.

Solar generation in a wider region, reaching from Illinois to North Carolina and served by PJM Interconnection LLC, also showed an impact, with production down 25 percent from the previous week...

Without offering specifics, a news release from ISO New England said, “Smoke from wildfires in Canada has traveled to New England, significantly lowering production from solar resources in the region.”

Your lungs aren’t the only thing being affected by wildfire smoke.

Solar power generation in parts of the eastern US has tanked by more than 50% due to the smoke.

New England’s solar farms alone experienced a 56% drop during peak demand, according to the region’s grid operator pic.twitter.com/8ejcrwKU2h...

Of course the bidenless administration will call this shoddy investigations with no actual prove.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

RoadKing wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:10 am
hillsy v2 wrote:
I doubt Tim is agreeing with your fanatical rantings Springy. The issue needs more research.
Rules For Radicals by Alinsky. Powerful tool used by lefties. One of the rules simply states to not face your opponent head on but rather to attack the sanity of your opponent and his ideas without any specifics, the purpose being to dispirit. “Fanatical ravings”? I think not. Designer constantly presents well thought out and researched posts and your responses are merely ad hominem Alinsky bullshit. Hard for me to respond to you, hillsy, because I despise lefty tactics.

Now, go ahead and respond with some illogical yuk yuk emoticons… that’s all you got and they don’t mean shit to me.
Bullshit.

His latest rant was some drivel from a FaceBook meme claiming wind generators only last 3-4 years. It was faced head on and blown apart - but the idiot simpleton just did his normal dance. It's all there if you were to actually take the time to look.

Well thought out and researched? Laughable.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

RoadKing wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:10 am
hillsy v2 wrote:
Thank you for posting this, RoadKing. :space: :bow: :space: As you adroitly pointed out, hillsy's "Go To" when faced with Factual REALITY that he can't handle is to stoop to the alinsky Tactic of Deflection using Ridicule and/or Personal Attack.....doing ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to evade Facing THE FACTS presented. :space: These actions performed by hillsy-mentalmidget have been well documented for all to see WAY too many a time. :space: And in his choosing to do so,...he looses all credibility right away......(not to mention his Documented 53 times he blatantly LIED when doing so.)

Which brings up his "comment" about my response to TBeck;
Designer wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:31 am
Tbeck wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:55 am
Herb, I agree that a lot more research needs done if we are planning to put wind farms in the oceans. So far all the evidence suggests it's harmful to sea life.
Thank you agreeing with the several articles I have posted about these HORRIBLE contraptions and their being installed off shore. See? :space: We can agree on what can be seen in The Facts posted in Black-and-White.
hillsy v2 wrote:
Notice?....I said nothing about TBeck agreeing with my opinions,....All I ever referenced was THE FACTS,...those being in THE ARTICLES I posted.

Yet this insipid moron mentions agreement with only my Opinion. :space: Either he's got some serious reading comprehension issues,...or he's an IDIOT.

Given his shown history,..... see above in parentheses....probably both.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Jeebuz...

:lmao:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, it was actually Sgt, NOT you who brought up the offshore wind farms. Additionally I did the research linking the Navy dropping the long range sonar development due to harm of sea life.
So while we are in agreement that more research needs done before building wind farms offshore, STOP attempting to take credit for Sgt's and my research, it's disingenuous.

As far as windmills failing, of course they do. Every mechanical tool has the potential for failure. Should we ban motorcycles and automobiles and planes because of lightening strikes? How about nuclear power plants? Shut them down because of a few accidents? Or because our only solution to the waste produced is to bury it? How could that possibly go wrong!@

The point here is that every type and source of electricity creates a negative outcome for the environment and life. SHOULD we abandon one for another? Or use them all? Given of course we consider the ecological and environmental impact.
At the end of the debate it really comes down to NOT adopting ONE because the government say's so, but rather utilizing them all based on choice. What may be right for some might not be practical for all.
In other words you all are arguing about NOTHING. If you like natural gas and it works for you, use it. If a solar panel meets your needs fine.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:sad: :space: Aw shucks. :space: And here I hoped Tim and I were off onto "A New Beginning" of agreements. :space: Oh Well! :space: :dunno:
Tbeck wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:27 am
Designer, it was actually Sgt, NOT you who brought up the offshore wind farms. Additionally I did the research linking the Navy dropping the long range sonar development due to harm of sea life.
Uhh,..Timmy? :space: What I was thanking you for was has nothing to do with being "the original" one who brought up and posted about offshore wind industrial complex environmental issues,...but all the subsequent articles I had posted.......(Five, in fact)

Please,...show us all where I made the claim you accuse me of ..(that being, "I was the one who brought up" the subject about said-same.)

You CAN'T :space: :uhh:

So,..THAT FACT being obvious to anyone who READS CORRECTLY,...what IS disingenuous is this:
Tbeck wrote:
..... while we are in agreement that more research needs done before building wind farms offshore, STOP attempting to take credit for Sgt's and my research, it's disingenuous.

As is this,..your whiny ASS-umptive ASS-ertion;
Tbeck wrote:
.....In other words you all are arguing about NOTHING. If you like natural gas and it works for you, use it. If a solar panel meets your needs fine.
So,...please do,..TRY TO keep it honest,....K?

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Now,...to move on past The Two who persist in errant postings....here's some reporting about the Local Residents who are "On The Front Line" of the Environmental and Lifestyle Destruction they would suffer at the demands of the "clean energy cabal".....and fighting back against them.

‘Over Our Dead Bodies’: Backlash Builds Against $3 Trillion Clean-Energy Push
Ballooning size of wind and solar projects draws local ire as they march closer to populated areas
By Jennifer Hiller | The Wall Street Journal May 8, 2023

LAWRENCE, Kan.—The federal government has ignited a green-energy investment spree that’s expected to reach as high as $3 trillion over the next decade. The road to spending that money, though, is increasingly hitting speed bumps from the likes of Gerry Coffman.

About an hour southwest of Kansas City, she turned down a wind lease last year on a farm that has been in her family since 1866. Someone knocked on her door a few months later, paperwork in hand, and offered $6,000 to hang a wind-power transmission line across her land. If she agreed to store construction equipment, she stood to make an additional $4,000. Ms. Coffman said no.

Ms. Coffman rotates corn and soybeans and has cattle pasture on her part of the family farm, which includes a wooded ribbon of water called Eight Mile Creek. Ms. Coffman doesn’t want to see native forest or prairie disturbed and thinks the industrial nature of towering wind turbines would change the community for the worse if a proposed project were built.

“A year ago we were a nice, quiet neighborhood,” said Ms. Coffman, who has attended a series of contentious public meetings over several months as the county considers revising regulations for wind-energy development.

County-by-county battles are raging as wind and solar projects balloon in size, edge closer to cities and encounter mounting pushback in communities from Niagara Falls to the Great Plains and beyond. Projects have slowed. Even in states with a long history of building renewables, developers don’t know if they can get local permits or how long it might take.

In Kansas, wind power grew rapidly for two decades and supplies around 45% of the electricity generated in-state, ranking it third in the nation. But at least five counties in more-populous eastern Kansas have recently placed moratoriums or bans on new wind or solar projects, joining 18 others that already restricted wind development to preserve the tallgrass prairie ecosystem..

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, I didn't read your articles because I prefer to do my own research, but it's good that you looked into it. There's actually a lot of information about the offshore wind farms and their indirect link to sea animals death's. I say indirect because there's no scientific study that's been done and it's purely suggestive currently. Hence my post in reply to Herb.
Do I believe that there's a cause relationship? It APPEARS that there could be and therefore any new windfarm construction should be stopped until we have research.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:07 am
Designer, I didn't read your articles because I prefer to do my own research,
Why?.....there is A LOT of good information posted. :space: :dunno:

To do as you do is only to ignore Good Information,....things that you might not find yourself.

As I have been posting, there a lot of scientific/professional/experienced information about how noise affects marine life, and also studies showing noise is linked to whale deaths and/or harm to marine life...And because of that,..I have said IT SHOULD BE STOPPED RIGHT NOW until there is viable/unbiased research that shows Rock Solid Proof of no harm.

I have said since the beginning of this Thread,...these claims that "clean energy" makes are NOT being put forth with a balanced view of THE ENVIRONMENTAL DESTRUCTION and HARM that this SHIT perpetrates...clearly noticeable right now. :space: Therefore they are LIES by omission.
LIES we all are paying the price for.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

But wait DIDN'T you CLAIM that you NEVER mentioned me, but then you admit it to hillsy, and then again afterwards?

See that's what happens when you tell untruths, you have to keep them all straight.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:28 am
....there is A LOT of good information posted. :space: :dunno:

There's also bullshit from FaceBook.

But it suits your insipid agenda so I guess you think that falls under good information as well, right?

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

There's been no scientific research done. There have been some environmental impact studies but those don't deal with the impact on sea animals, whale's specifically. Heck from what I have found they can't even get the sea life protection group's to agree that wind farms harm whale's.

With all the stupid shit they research with our tax dollars, you'd think they they'd have done a study on this before okaying construction.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

There's probably more interference here with boats rather than wind generators. There's supposedly about ten times the amount of whales killed by boat strikes than ones that beach themselves. And the noises transmitted into the water by container ships and other cargo vessels is quite pronounced. And they're moving all the time. Which is more likely to screw with a whales sonar.

I read a study on narwhals where the animals dived into the depths after hearing the noises of seismic air guns. Not surprising given that sound travels much farther in water but the point is we are probably already doing things that affect whales rather than it solely being wind farms (if they are to blame at all).

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Anybody like toast?

wildwolf
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: blue

Post by wildwolf »

I like toast!

Oh, and I like green things, not because I'm a tree hugger, but because they cut down on my expenses and lost time.
Couple examples, few years back, we switched all our yard care over to lithium powered devices. Great move. Don't have to go get gas, haul gas, or store gas any longer, except in the minivan/bike. Saves time. They also save $, as it costs me less in electricity to keep everything charged up & ready to go.

Secondly, few years back, we replaced a couple 22 year old propane furnaces and outdoor AC units with a couple new geothermal HVAC systems. My propane cost the 1st year here for heat was $3500. Electric has went up $1200/year to power the pumps, but since propane keeps going higher & higher, these geo systems going to pay for themselves quickly.

I've also done a little research on solar panels - and in another couple years will have them installed here. Hope to offset all of our use, and because of SRECs in VA, I'll make a little extra as well once I do.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:37 am
But wait DIDN'T you CLAIM that you NEVER mentioned me, but then you admit it to hillsy, and then again afterwards? See that's what happens when you tell untruths, you have to keep them all straight.
Even more of your repetitive Bullshit Timmy. :space: You'll do ANYTHING to deflect away from this;

Tbeck wrote:
Uhh,..Timmy? :space: What I was thanking you for was has nothing to do with being "the original" one who brought up and posted about offshore wind industrial complex environmental issues,...but all the subsequent articles I had posted.......(Five, in fact)

Please,...show us all where I made the claim you accuse me of ..(that being, "I was the one who brought up" the subject about said-same.)

You CAN'T :space: :uhh:

So,..THAT FACT being obvious to anyone who READS CORRECTLY,...what IS disingenuous is this:
Tbeck wrote:
..... while we are in agreement that more research needs done before building wind farms offshore, STOP attempting to take credit for Sgt's and my research, it's disingenuous.

As is this,..your whiny ASS-umptive ASS-ertion;
Tbeck wrote:
.....In other words you all are arguing about NOTHING. If you like natural gas and it works for you, use it. If a solar panel meets your needs fine.
So,...please do,..TRY TO keep it honest,....K?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:52 pm
There's been no scientific research done. There have been some environmental impact studies but those don't deal with the impact on sea animals, whale's specifically. Heck from what I have found they can't even get the sea life protection group's to agree that wind farms harm whale's. With all the stupid shit they research with our tax dollars, you'd think they they'd have done a study on this before okaying construction.
Well,...there have been Scientific Studies done about how sound affects Marine Life.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-85296-1

That there hasn't been scientific studies on how these Wind Industrial Complexes sounds directly affecting Whales is all the MORE reason to Halt ALL offshore Wind Industrial Complex building so that the Focused Whale Studies on this singular noise source can get done,...reviewed,...discussed,.... and a reasonable consensus achieved....BEFORE they are built.

As I have been posting, there a lot of scientific/professional/experienced information about how noise affects marine life, and also studies showing noise is linked to whale deaths and/or harm to marine life. :space: That there is a lack of consensus with what we know now does invalidate it,...such lack of consensus points out the NEED to use that Information we already have as a starting point for the more Focused Studies.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

wildwolf wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:37 pm
I like toast!

Oh, and I like green things, not because I'm a tree hugger, but because they cut down on my expenses and lost time.
Couple examples, few years back, we switched all our yard care over to lithium powered devices. Great move. Don't have to go get gas, haul gas, or store gas any longer, except in the minivan/bike. Saves time. They also save $, as it costs me less in electricity to keep everything charged up & ready to go.

Secondly, few years back, we replaced a couple 22 year old propane furnaces and outdoor AC units with a couple new geothermal HVAC systems. My propane cost the 1st year here for heat was $3500. Electric has went up $1200/year to power the pumps, but since propane keeps going higher & higher, these geo systems going to pay for themselves quickly.

I've also done a little research on solar panels - and in another couple years will have them installed here. Hope to offset all of our use, and because of SRECs in VA, I'll make a little extra as well once I do.
Yep. EGo brand takes care of my property!
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, isn't what you last posted saying exactly what I had previously stated? Less of course the
Larval Zebrafish? :lmao:

In all fairness I was speaking about research linkage between windfarms and whale death.

hillsy, yes as you mentioned, the shipping is the reason given for the increases in dead whale's, hence the lack of consensus on whether it's windfarms or shipping.
One of the big arguments I'm reading about is the dead whale's washing up on the east coast and everyone is blaming windfarms, but Jersey hasn't built them yet???
However same problem on the opposite side of the Atlantic in the UK and they do have windfarms offshore. One group says shipping and the other windfarms?
It's all a big guess until someone finally does the research that will either link the whale death's to windfarms or something else.