Keep it civil
hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Re: renewable energy

Post by hillsy v2 »

Tbeck wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:49 pm
Designer, isn't what you last posted saying exactly what I had previously stated? Less of course the
Larval Zebrafish? :lmao:

In all fairness I was speaking about research linkage between windfarms and whale death.

hillsy, yes as you mentioned, the shipping is the reason given for the increases in dead whale's, hence the lack of consensus on whether it's windfarms or shipping.
One of the big arguments I'm reading about is the dead whale's washing up on the east coast and everyone is blaming windfarms, but Jersey hasn't built them yet???
However same problem on the opposite side of the Atlantic in the UK and they do have windfarms offshore. One group says shipping and the other windfarms?
It's all a big guess until someone finally does the research that will either link the whale death's to windfarms or something else.
And then you have pilot whales beaching themselves in the hundreds down here on occasions - one time in NZ it was on a remote beach away from any sort of human intervention?

So yeah - it's complex for sure. But it's easy to just point the finger at wind turbines when you have an agenda to discredit them.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

If I were riding today, likely would be in the Nevada desert getting ready to swing north into Idaho. As I gaze out into hundreds of miles of open and baked arid beauty, I never see a whale nor windmill. And, I don’t care.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Submit. Submission. Ever put a whale in an arm bar or a choke hold? Just checking.

They say the sun is gonna burn out some day. Maybe we should start a Save The Sun Committee and then argue about it for twenty pages.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

RoadKing wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:15 am
Submit. Submission. Ever put a whale in an arm bar or a choke hold? Just checking.

They say the sun is gonna burn out some day. Maybe we should start a Save The Sun Committee and then argue about it for twenty pages.
Well thought out and researched.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:34 am
RoadKing wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:15 am

Well thought out and researched.
You noticed! You subjects of England ain’t so dumb after all. That’s encouraging.
Signifying nothing”

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Designer, isn't what you last posted saying exactly what I had previously stated? ......
Not really Timmy. :space: :space: You said this,
Tbeck wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:52 pm
There's been no scientific research done. :space: There have been some environmental impact studies but those don't deal with the impact on sea animals, whale's specifically.
Which says specifically that there has been no Scientific research done, but merely environmental studies when you speak of... "impact on sea animals".

However,....but as my research shows,...that is incorrect;
Designer wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:32 am
Well,...there have been Scientific Studies done about how sound affects Marine Life.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-85296-1

Tbeck wrote:
...In all fairness I was speaking about research linkage between windfarms and whale death.
So best you be more specific when posting,....eh? :wink:

Tbeck wrote:
..., yes as you mentioned, the shipping is the reason given for the increases in dead whale's, hence the lack of consensus on whether it's windfarms or shipping....
In one of my Researched articles,...Had You Read Them,....this issue was mentioned and covered. :space: You would have read that this was addressed when it was observed the whales showed collision/cuts from ships. :space: They who say it is only shipping ignored the possibility that the whales ability to navigate by sound was hampered/damaged/destroyed by the HUGELY LOUD sonar BLASTING and were disoriented and/or couldn't use their sonar/listening abilities to evade the ships,...or,..were already dead/dying and were hit.

All the more reason to ....to IMMEDIATELY STOP this Wind Industrial Complex sonar mapping and installation.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, did you even read your OWN linked story on larval Zebrafish? Evidently NOT! And STILL you argue cluelessly.
So here let me SUMMARIZE for you:
The study simulated SHIPPING noise to determine it's impact on DEVELOPMENT of Zebrafish larvae. It found no development issues but did discover higher mortality corresponding to increased noise level.
So AGAIN no research on the impact of windfarms on sea animals, specifically whale's.

Bottom line is if you are NOT looking for article for the PURPOSE of ARGUMENT, you would have known what I just summarized. SHIPPING, not WINDMILLS.

On a side note you validated hillsy's comments about shipping. :ShitGrinandThumb:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:34 am
Designer, did you even read your OWN linked story on larval Zebrafish? Evidently NOT! And STILL you argue cluelessly. So here let me SUMMARIZE for you:
The study simulated SHIPPING noise to determine it's impact on DEVELOPMENT of Zebrafish larvae. It found no development issues but did discover higher mortality corresponding to increased noise level.So AGAIN no research on the impact of windfarms on sea animals, specifically whale's.
Bottom line is if you are NOT looking for article for the PURPOSE of ARGUMENT, you would have known what I just summarized. SHIPPING, not WINDMILLS.
Hey Timmy,.....my mention of this SCIENTIFIC study was not aimed directly at Whales/wind turbine sonar...but to clearly show you and EVERYONE that yes,...indeed,..that there HAS BEEN SCIENTIFIC STUDY about sound effects on Marine Life.
And that such Scientific Study of the effects on Marine Life as credence to the environmental impact studies you mentioned here;
Tbeck wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:52 pm
..... There have been some environmental impact studies but those don't deal with the impact on sea animals, whale's specifically.......
And bolsters your implied need for specific studies n Whales.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

At the end of the day we need to be demanding research on the impact of the windfarms on sea life BEFORE the coastal state's can build them

Oddly there's a law suit filed in NJ on the windfarm construction but the argument is that they are an eye sore. So much for the eco system.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

And if the problem is the noise from ships? What do we do about that?

Quite topical at the moment with reports of Orcas attacking pleasure craft of late.

Ironically for Springy - the answer there might be to go electric :Cool:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:00 pm
Irrelevant to the recent increased amount of whale deaths we are speaking of.
hillsy v2 wrote:
.....Quite topical at the moment with reports of Orcas attacking pleasure craft of late.
Totally Irrelevant. :space: You have NO EVIDENCE these attacks have anything to do with this Wind Industrial Complex sonar/sound issue,...AT ALL.
hillsy v2 wrote:
....Ironically for Springy - the answer there might be to go electric
No EVEN close to reality.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:36 am
At the end of the day we need to be demanding research on the impact of the windfarms on sea life BEFORE the coastal state's can build them
Quite agreed. :space: this approach ONLY makes good sense.
Tbeck wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:36 am
Oddly there's a law suit filed in NJ on the windfarm construction but the argument is that they are an eye sore. So much for the eco system.
This issue should have been brought up LONG ago . :space: Indeed,...that is what these horrid contraptions are.

That this issue is added to the other lawsuits over the environment/ecology now is altogether fitting and proper.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:18 am
hillsy v2 wrote:
hillsy v2 wrote:
.....Quite topical at the moment with reports of Orcas attacking pleasure craft of late.
Totally Irrelevant. :space: You have NO EVIDENCE these attacks have anything to do with this Wind Industrial Complex sonar/sound issue,...AT ALL.
hillsy v2 wrote:
....Ironically for Springy - the answer there might be to go electric
No EVEN close to reality.
You love dancing, eh?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:funnylast: Yup,...you are THE Dancingest Dancer we have on the Board.

Now,....let's see you directly address the three things I pointed out about THE SHIT you posted that displayed your LACK of Realistically-based thinking .

:popcorn:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

This is where it's going Springy....
Inside The World's First Electric Cargo Ship

https://www.sustainable-ships.org/stori ... tric-cargo

:rock:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:funnylast: :space: Hey ASSHOLE,...where's your discussion of these other piles-of SHIT you posted. ... DANCING QUEEN. :space: :Umm:
Designer wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:18 am
hillsy v2 wrote:
hillsy v2 wrote:

As the Ship Battery Fires happen and become more A REALITY of this shit;
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3913 ... batteries/
https://www.lithiumsafe.com/battery-fire-safety-marine/
.......just think of the carbon emissions when those batteries catch fire and sink that sucker. :space: :rock:

:hahafinger:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

At least the whales will be safe :Cool:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

https://rightnewswire.com/joe-biden-was ... m_content=

...39 whales and 37 dolphins have been found dead on east coast beaches near where wind farm development is occurring since last December.

Smith and environmental groups have called for a halt on the development of wind farms until their environmental impact can be studied.

“With so much at stake and out of an abundance of caution and concern, these offshore wind projects must be at a minimum paused until the Government Accountability Office concludes its study,” Smith said.

Government agencies are still investigating the cause of the deaths but environmental groups are turning on offshore wind.

“Stop all of the sonar, stop all of the pre-construction activity offshore right now, until we can determine whether or not that has had any impact or any part of the cause for all these whales washing up,” Cindy Zipf with Clean Ocean Action said.

Whales are the latest animals to be threatened by wind power.

Millions of birds, including bald and golden eagles, have been killed by wind turbines on land.

It turns out, wind energy is running into more complications than the Biden regime ever expected.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:39 pm
https://rightnewswire.com/joe-biden-was ... m_content=
...39 whales and 37 dolphins have been found dead on east coast beaches near where wind farm development is occurring since last December.
Smith and environmental groups have called for a halt on the development of wind farms until their environmental impact can be studied.
“With so much at stake and out of an abundance of caution and concern, these offshore wind projects must be at a minimum paused until the Government Accountability Office concludes its study,” Smith said.
Government agencies are still investigating the cause of the deaths but environmental groups are turning on offshore wind.
“Stop all of the sonar, stop all of the pre-construction activity offshore right now, until we can determine whether or not that has had any impact or any part of the cause for all these whales washing up,” Cindy Zipf with Clean Ocean Action said.
Whales are the latest animals to be threatened by wind power.
Millions of birds, including bald and golden eagles, have been killed by wind turbines on land.

It turns out, wind energy is running into more complications than the Biden regime ever expected.
If even one TENTH of this carnage was caused by Oil/Natural Gas/ etc, the Screaming Outrage would deafening!! :space: Yet,...it takes a HUGE DEATH TOLL of this Magnitude to beget even this much from the tree-hugging greenies.

In Truth,...these Wind Industrial Complexes... ARE AN ENIRONMENTAL DISASTER.

They NOT a "farm". :space: What a CROCK of shit that name is! :space: If you can call these MACHINES a "wind farm",...then you can equally say the Oil Wells are an Oil Farm.

The whole "clean energy" thing .............IS A HUGE LIE.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

A friend of mine used to work for a construction company and when they had blasting to do she set out vibration monitors and she went door to door notifying everyone in the area when the explosion would go off. This was so people prepare for the noise and vibrations. Part of the concern was so pet owners could have control of their animals.

I can only imagine how a blast underwater would frighten and even hurt sea creatures that have no idea what is going on and the added issue of the underwater vibrations for creatures that are a lot more sensitive to sound and vibrations.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.