Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: renewable energy

Post by Designer »

HARRIS wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:47 am
WELL SAID.... !
Yes,...That's pretty much what I have been saying all along in this Thread. How renewables have been Oversold And Under-Delivering,...and how the very MANY Negative Environmental Impacts have been all but totally ignored,...and how renewables are not applicable to all households....and do not always result in "independence" .
Those assertions are encapsulated in the content of the messages posted herein. :space: So that,...with this new found information,...the reader can reason and come to those conclusions by Thinking For Themselves.

I guess that Article I just posted from Jesse Ausubel pointing out the what renewable energy REALLY is has caused a quite different attitude from what has been posted before,...eh?
Tbeck wrote
What's to get back to now that you've turned it into another of your toilet post's.
And YES you took it there, and YES you couldn't let thing lie and brought my name into a post I had already informed you that I was done with.
So WHY would YOU do that??? Because you are the dick that goes out of his way to turn every post into a shit fest and drive everyone away from the forum.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

And in keeping with what I have been saying about the many facets of the "push" of renewables upon Americans,....here's more;

CLUELESS Newsom Enforces Green Energy Though He Can’t Keep LIGHTS On
by Abdul

Gavin Newsom has proven two things so far. For one, Newsom has shown that he lacks foresight and is completely clueless. Two, he is as stubborn as a mule and will remain that way at the expense of Californians’ comfort. :space: California used to be a fine state before the actions of its Democratic governor influenced it and led it to the verge of ruin. At the expense of residents’ comfort, Newsom has remained adamant about his green energy push.

Of all the states in America, it is ironic that California, which routinely suffers from heatwave is found at the forefront of this green energy agenda with no substitute plans. Newsom has remained the most inconsistent governor in the history of the United States, only known to be consistent with his green energy agenda.

Just this year, Newsom announced to residents that fuel-powered vehicles would soon be banned in California. Perhaps, the governor is not aware that residents who pay taxes for him to be able to afford those electric vehicles are battling with the worst inflation ever, or he does not care.

After making this ridiculous announcement, Newsom again came to urge residents he had forced to purchase electric vehicles to abstain from charging their cars to prevent a statewide blackout. How does a governor who mandates immediate green energy fail to account for it? Now, people who have gotten the electric cars are supposed to be okay with catching buses whenever they have somewhere to go because Newsom said not to charge cars.

Unfortunately for the governor, the recent records of the heatwave in California are no joke. Every citizen has to reduce energy usage whether they like it or not because Gavin is very clueless and does not know what to do.

Despite reality smacking Newsom in his face, the governor has still refused to slow down on his ridiculous green energy agenda as he went ahead to ban natural gas heaters and furnaces.

According to The Hill, “The decision, which was passed unanimously, aims to phase out sales of the space heater and water heater appliances by 2030. The commitment is part of a broader range of environmental efforts passed by the board this week to meet the federal 70 parts per billion, 8-hour ozone standard over the next 15 years.”

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

We should be using AOC's methane storage units and convert EV's to methane.
It's FREEEEEEE!
:jester:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Designer I didn't read your copy/paste, and furthermore I don't think you got what I was stating at all.
All of the sources of energy I previously posted are capable of meeting the prescribed energy requirements they are intended to address. So any argument that solar, or any other renewable energy source is inadequate is quite frankly BS.
On the flip side non-renewables aren't going to be replaced by the aforementioned, that would be a recipe for disaster, and it's the current administrations insistence in the USA leading the world in adopting such a policy that should be the FOCUS.
Unfortunately the flip side is that people are trying to criticize and downplay the significant contributions green energy sources are capable of providing.
Neither renewable or non are exclusive and that should be the focus of the discussion. Otherwise we fall into the administrations agenda of taking sides. We can have our cake and eat it too.
It's not that people don't know this, but rather it's been presented in a way that makes people choose sides. This is exactly the point I have been making in another post. We read/hear something and if it's agreeable to us we side with it. If disagreeable we reject it entirely. The issue is this habit is emotional based, and not based in logic or hard evidence. We need to stop this and the way to do so involves critical thinking. Only then does the power shifts back where it belongs.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Argue all you want but there's only one question for me...does any of the carbon energy contribute to "climate change"??? The answer is CLEARLY..."No!".
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:22 pm
Argue all you want but there's only one question for me...does any of the carbon energy contribute to "climate change"??? The answer is CLEARLY..."No!".
+1
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

DF, well not exactly. Carbon emissions do factor in when discussing global warming. The real QUESTION is how much the man made emissions contribute. Again we are being told something and we can choose to accept or reject these assertions. We will generally side with our personal sensibilities, and not with science and hard evidence.
Are we doing a good job of protecting the planet? Hardly, and I am sure one look at a landfill would convince anyone.
Are we as bad for the planet as the tree huggers would have us believe? Hardly, but we could do better for sure.
I happen to believe that our planet runs in warming cycles, which can be verified by history and archaeological facts, not because we burn fossil fuels. However I also believe that if we can reduce the emissions of fossil fuel usage by adopting the use of other energy producing technology, it's a win win situation.
Folk's like to talk about using "common sense." Well common sense would suggest not placing all your energy needs in one technology, right?

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

T...be careful not to confuse "pollution" with "man-made climate change".
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

DF, nope I'm not. Those landfills produce a lot of greenhouse gases. If we were talking pollution I would mention how long all those baby diapers are going to be around :lmao:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Five “Climate Change” Smoking Guns – Reasons Why “Manmade Climate Change” is a Lie

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/1 ... hange-lie/

For example...what they show you:

But what's the REAL truth:

HARRIS
Bike in shop for repair
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

I WISH I HAD MORE RENEWABLE ENERGY, DAILY
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

DF, as I have previously stated, I don't buy the whole global warming assertions. I read a study some year's back in which one of the leading scientists to have been beating the global warming drum early on stated that the current climate change models are completely wrong and he explained why. He also shared his research which is extremely accurate due to the modeling practices he and only a few other's have access to. Anyhow he does provide evidence of mankind's impact which is very small as is the actual change in global climate moving out over the next 50 year's.
So from a global warming standpoint we are pretty much in agreement. On the flip side I think we abuse the resources we have at our disposal far more than we should. For example; we have all these renewable energy sources we have been and can continue to use with little impact on anything. On the opposite side we've been utilizing nuclear energy even though we don't have a good method for disposing of the waste. So maybe we should utilize the harmless stuff more, until such time as we have a good solution for the waste? And if we decide to use it, maybe limit the use by relying more on the other's? The more choices the better in my opinion.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

[YoutubeID][/YoutubeID]
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Anyone that buys an EV is supporting this kind of treatment.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

And yet,...there are those who willfully ignore this Murder to push "renewable " energy upon us all;

The sinister truth about bird-killing wind ‘farms’
The Tory party must have a death wish now that it has fallen back in love with onshore wind turbines
MATT RIDLEY 7 December 2022

Birds of prey, including golden eagles, are threatened by the worldwide growth of wind farms CREDIT: PAVEL MIKHEYEV/REUTERS
The Tory party’s move to fall back in love with wind energy, despite its manifest disadvantages of cost, unreliability and inefficient use of land, is a death wish. They will soon rediscover just how unpopular wind “farms” (who thought up that euphemism for these open-air power stations,
incidentally?) are with voters in rural constituencies. Opinion polls now persuade them that years of pro-wind propaganda have changed the public’s mind. I would not bet on it: these things may be popular in north London, but not in northern England.

Northumberland, where I live, thinly populated and windy, is especially blighted, being a big net exporter of electricity on windy days. A passionate, cross-party coalition of politicians from the county formed in the House of Lords – including a bishop – to object to the expansive vistas of the Cheviots and Bamburgh Castle being ruined by squadrons of spinning fans. I’ve rarely been involved in something so popular.

The objections are not just Nimbyism. Though few people enjoy having their view spoiled by structures that stand up to four times as tall as Nelson’s column, or the flicker their shadows cause on sunny days and the hum of their blades, the impact on nature is horrible.

The BBC, in one of its poorly named “comedy” slots, last week mocked people who complain that wind factories kill birds. Cats kill more birds than wind turbines, the programme said. Er, when was the last time your cat came home with a golden eagle, a bearded vulture or a red throated diver? Wind turbines, unlike cats, single out large, soaring, rare birds.

A rare lammergeier or bearded vulture released in Spain as part of a conservation project recently strayed to the Netherlands and met its end at a wind factory. All over the world, the largest and rarest eagles and vultures are dying in significant numbers as a result of turbines: in Australia, wedge-tailed eagles; in South Africa, Verreaux’s eagles; in Norway, sea eagles; in California, golden eagles.

One study found that, at a single windy spot in California, Altamont Pass, wind turbines were killing over 1,000 birds of prey per year, including more than 60 golden eagles. These are probably underestimates: there is no obligation on wind firms to count the birds they kill and they avoid doing so. It is left to volunteer conservationists to try to find the evidence.

Given that large birds of prey live at low densities, these deaths are vastly more significant to the bird populations in question than cat kills are to chaffinches and robins. A single wind power station in Spain, with just 32 turbines, has killed a vulture every three days since it began operating two years ago. The total Spanish population of griffon, cinereous, bearded and Egyptian vultures is in the low thousands.

Earlier this year, in a rare exception to a blanket exemption from prosecution granted by the Obama administration, a wind energy company in America was convicted by the federal government of breaking the law by killing at least 136 golden and bald eagles. On the Norwegian island of Smola, the number of sea eagle territories fell from 13 to five after the construction of a 68-turbine wind power station. Local extinction is a real possibility for these species. In India, the impact of wind turbines on birds of prey is so big that it reduced predatory attacks on ordinary birds by three quarters. :space: Even if eagles don’t die, they may be affected. Satellite tags attached to golden eagles released in the Monadhliath mountains in Scotland show the birds carefully avoiding the areas around wind factories. So they have less habitat and smaller populations.

This appears to be true of other birds, too: golden plover have been shown to avoid nesting near wind turbines, probably for the same reason they avoid nesting near trees, which can harbour predators. It’s similar at sea. Red-throated divers avoid offshore wind factories in the North Sea.
Then there is the impact on bats. North American studies estimate up to a million bats a year are killed by turbines. A German study concluded that each turbine kills an astonishing 70 bats in two months. You or I would be prosecuted for this.

The silence of most conservation charities on this topic is deafening: that wind firms subsidise such charities is presumably just a coincidence. Organisations that make a huge fuss if a farmer or a gamekeeper is even suspected of shooting a hawk shrug at the wind industry’s vastly greater slaughter. The RSPB’s former conservation director, Martin Harper, says the evidence shows “appropriately located wind farms have negligible impacts” on bird populations.

True, it’s possible to site wind turbines away from migration routes, and even to stop them spinning when tagged eagles approach, or during nights when bats are likely to be active. But this would lower the output of electricity, making them ever less economic.
Must we destroy this planet to save it?

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Well that's a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Developing nations routinely utilize child labor, which never has a good outcome for the children and other worker's. For example the US coal industry, or steel industry of the early 20th century.

Again the tit for tat does nothing for the topic

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

I recently read online that someone said THE question is about how much man made emissions contribute to "global warming". :space: They said they are going to side with their personal sensibilities, and not with science and hard evidence that is being presented. :space: And got side-tracked wandering off into pollution in the discussion of whether Man-made Emissions affects Climate change. :space: Even stating that we should be utilize renewable energy stuff more because they..."have little impact on anything".
Obviously, they are Lacking In Knowledge,....for they consider the Large Negative Local Environmental Impacts of said-same "stuff" seen below as being "harmless/little impact.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Imagine this type of power in New Jersey or New York. Think about the size and how well it will work with snow on it.

https://www.fastcompany.com/3057288/thi ... n-at-night

...it’s expensive to store solar energy for use at night or on a cloudy day, times when solar doesn’t work. But a massive new solar plant, sprawling over 1,670 acres near Las Vegas, was designed to solve that problem. It provides energy on demand, even when it’s dark.

Sitting in the Nevada desert, the new Crescent Dunes Solar Energy Project is covered with more than 10,000 mirrors, each the size of a small house, that track the sun throughout the day and focus it on a receiver filled with molten salt. The salt, heated to almost 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit, stores the energy as heat, so it’s always ready when it’s needed. When the grid needs power, the heat in the salt is released to turn water into steam, which drives generators to make energy. That can happen whether the sun is shining or not.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Someone just posted their EV car repair bill on LinkedIn. You want the kicker...... In some states the shop can't dispose of the battery so you have to take the old one home then pay disposal fees yourself.

If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt, it is a technology that's not yet ready to market.
Here's the problem as economics sees it; manufacturers are investing big bucks for advancing it. They need to get the product to market in order to balance the profits sheet and keep the investment going into improvement, part's, etc in order for the product to be viable.
So the CEOs and special int turn to the government for a solution for shoving it down our throat's . Enter Biden and high fuel costs.
It's NEVER really about global warming or holes in the ozone, it's always about corporate profits and jobs.