Keep it civil
hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Re: renewable energy

Post by hillsy v2 »

Herb wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:11 pm
It took a LOT of years to figure out how dangerous Asbestos is, look at how it is handled today.
You know they still just bury it, right?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:58 pm
What's toxic about them? Carbon fibre blades? Only toxic if you hit them with a cutting disc and suck in the fibres....otherwise inert. And now they can be recycled....except in the US where they are years behind Europe...
My you are Ignorant,.... Asbestos also is Chemically inert,.......you TURD.

And guess what?

And...BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION...this wind mill waste ...IS TOXIC,...or,...can't you READ what you just said?
hillsy v2 wrote:
.....Or burying the concrete platforms for the turbines? How is that in any way toxic?
[ Show us all where I said this activity specifically was toxic.

YOU CAN'T.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:17 pm
Herb wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:11 pm
It took a LOT of years to figure out how dangerous Asbestos is, look at how it is handled today.
You know they still just bury it, right?
Dumb as the dumb-shit we all know you are.

when asbestos is burried,...it is encapsulated in special bags designed specifically for that.

NOT SO with the TOXIC carbon fibered wind mill blades..... :dunno:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:28 pm

when asbestos is burried,...it is encapsulated in special bags designed specifically for that.
They just wrap it in plastic...not even bags... :lmao:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:23 pm
hillsy v2 wrote:
.....Or burying the concrete platforms for the turbines? How is that in any way toxic?
Show us all where I said this activity specifically was toxic.

YOU CAN'T.
It's in the 3 year old "news" article you cut n pasted. You posted it so I'd assumed you would have agreed with it?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:52 pm
Designer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:28 pm
They just wrap it in plastic...not even bags...
Dumb as THE dumbest dumb-shit there is. :space: :uhh:

Here,...get ready to have your face washed with your SHIT,....again! :space: :naughty:

Asbestos Disposal Bags
Disposal bags
Click image to enlarge
Our asbestos bags come available in clear and black and are available in a variety of different sizes. Our asbestos disposal bags can come printed or non-printed and are made with industrial weight polyethylene material. According to regulations set by OSHA, you must put asbestos materials into the asbestos disposal bags while it is still moist and the bags should not be heavier than thirty to fifty pounds. These bags are designed to provide exceptional seal strength. These bags meet the rigorous demands of asbestos removal requirements and are tear and puncture resistant.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:20 pm
Designer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:23 pm
hillsy v2 wrote:
Show us all where I said this activity specifically was toxic.
YOU CAN'T.
It's in the 3 year old "news" article you cut n pasted. You posted it so I'd assumed you would have agreed with it?
There is a Vast Amount of factual information what that Article says that is IMPOSSIBLE to NOT agree with.

However,....there is NOTHING in the article says that the burial of concrete wind mill foundations was toxic waste. :space: Show us all where The Article says what you accuse:
hillsy v2 wrote:
Or burying the concrete platforms for the turbines? How is that in any way toxic?
you CAN'T :space:

:fu:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:01 am
According to regulations set by OSHA, you must put asbestos materials into the asbestos disposal bags while it is still moist and the bags should not be heavier than thirty to fifty pounds. These bags are designed to provide exceptional seal strength. These bags meet the rigorous demands of asbestos removal requirements and are tear and puncture resistant.
There's NO SPECIFICATIONS required by OSHA on any "bags" - and they don't even test them....

https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/standard ... 94-04-26-2

Guess what? You can wrap it in plastic....

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

In many places they are not even trying to bury the windmill trash. I don't believe the estimate of waste from the windmills is anywhere near correct, the more of these monstrosities they build the more trash from them.

https://www.tampafp.com/small-town-loca ... wind-farm/

...These attributes make the equipment difficult to remove or recycle after they are decommissioned, a reality which can lead to these turbines piling up in communities like Sweetwater, Texas, and irritating some of the locals who have to live in close proximity to the waste.

Discarded turbines now occupy about 30 acres of land in Sweetwater, according to Texas Monthly. Locals worry that there may not be a viable plan for getting rid of the equipment, leaving the piles of material to sit as dens for rattlesnakes and mosquito breeding hotbeds.

“It’s just a hazard all the way around,” Sweetwater resident Pamala Meyer said, according to Texas Monthly. “It’s just a big rattlesnake farm.”...

...Sweetwater is not the only small-town community dealing with wind turbine waste. More than 1,000 blades have piled up in Newton, Iowa, leading state officials to determine that there was no plan for recycling the products and that the company responsible for handling the waste was effectively dumping it illegally, according to Texas Monthly.

For several years, Frank Liebl, executive director of the Newton Development Corporation, asked the company numerous times when it would start to recycle the waste, according to Texas Monthly. Liebl routinely received “the same answer: ‘Soon,’” he said, according to Texas Monthly.

While General Electric reportedly purchased the material in order to recycle it for their own purposes, it does not appear that much progress has been made toward actually removing the waste, according to Texas Monthly. The company reportedly reached a deal to have the waste removed by the end of 2023, but none of the turbines had been removed as of mid-August....

...The expected increase in wind turbine production and the waste that will come along with it could pose a mounting problem. The U.S. may generate nearly 7 million tons of waste related to wind power by 2050, according to a 2017 study published in Waste Management, a scientific journal that focuses on the academic “discussion of information on solid waste generation,” according to its website.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:23 pm
There's NO SPECIFICATIONS required by OSHA on any "bags" - and they don't even test them....
You once AGAIN,...show us all the SERIOUS degree of your deep seated IGNORANCE.
Here's the quote directly from the link you posted;
OSHA believes that its performance requirements for the bags at [29 CFR 1926.1101(l)(2)] in the Construction Asbestos Standard and at 29 CFR 1910.1001(k)(6) in the General Industry Asbestos Standard make bag specifications unnecessary and that procedures for testing the bags for quality and consistency is best left to the discretion of the manufacturers. Rule [29 CFR 1926.1101(l)(2)] in the Construction Asbestos Standard reads,

So as to help your stupidity become CLEAR,...they are saying that OSHA's PREVIOUS bag performance requirements specifically for construction debris....[29 CFR 1926.1101(l)(2)] ...are sufficient. :space: The reference you fail to accept are.."construction debris",...as opposed to mere home waste basket or grocery bags.......you MORON.

More of the Quote;
"Waste disposal. Asbestos waste, scrap, debris, bags, containers, equipment, and contaminated clothing consigned for disposal shall be collected and disposed of ... in sealed, labeled, impermeable bags ...or other closed, labeled, impermeable containers..." (Note: Rule 29 CFR 1910.1001(k)(6) in the General Industry Asbestos Standard is essentially, but not exactly, the same.)

Thus,..with all this mention of,..SHALL BE,...and ...IN BAGS,...for such debris,...you are DEAD WRONG when you say this;
hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:23 pm
Guess what? You can wrap it in plastic....

Also, I NEVER said ANYTHING about the specifications of the bag,...that is just you making up SHIT so you can TRY TO save face over making an ass of yourself over this;
Designer wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:12 am
However,....there is NOTHING in the article says that the burial of concrete wind mill foundations was toxic waste. :space: Show us all where The Article says what you accuse:
hillsy v2 wrote:
Or burying the concrete platforms for the turbines? How is that in any way toxic?
you CAN'T :space: :fu:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

:funnylast:

Are you practising for Dancing With The Stars?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

We see you are desperate to try to evade facing THE TRUTH I posted about your WRONGNESS over Bags and Concrete Disposal.....so it is YOU that is doing any and all of Dancing hillsy- boi.
:naughty:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Now that hillsy has been Slapped Down,.....let's get some news on the whale-killing, bird chopping wind mills.
YESSS!,...more failings!! :clap:

Offshore Wind Industry Facing Massive Headwinds As Enthusiasm Dwindles Losses Mount
NICK POPE September 06, 2023

• The U.S. offshore wind industry has struggled in recent weeks, a development which could complicate President Joe Biden’s climate agenda.
• Two major offshore wind companies have paid tens of millions of dollars in fines to get out of deals they signed to provide wind-sourced power to utility companies, a third has seen nearly 30% of its market capitalization wiped out after announcing a major reduction in the expected value of some of its East Coast projects and an August sale of three offshore wind lease areas by the Biden administration drew disappointing levels of interest from companies reported to have had interest in the bidding.

Several companies involved in offshore wind projects off the East Coast have experienced financial difficulties as inflation, supply chain difficulties and rising interest rates have hampered the sector. Despite the wind industry receiving considerable support from subsidies in the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), Biden’s signature climate bill, some firms have paid large fines to get out of energy deals they signed, while one company has seen its stock price tank because of impairments to its projects.

Orsted, a Danish company involved in several East Coast offshore wind projects, announced in late August that it had updated its projections for several projects, marking down their anticipated value by $2.3 billion. ....The next day, the company’s stock price plummeted by about 25%.

Orsted is not the only offshore wind company involved in East Coast operations that has encountered potential financial problems. Avangrid, a subsidiary of the Spanish firm Iberdrola, paid the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (MDPU) $48 million in July to get out of a deal to sell power to utility companies, CommonWealth reported.

SouthCoast Wind, another company involved in offshore wind development off of the Massachusetts coast, paid MDPU $60 million in fines to get out of a deal it had reached to sell wind-generated power to several utility companies, the Nantucket Current reported.

“Closing the Massachusetts power purchase contracts was never the plan but impacts of COVID-related supply chain disruptions and the war in Ukraine made them unfinanceable,”

The Biden administration put three lease zones in the Gulf of Mexico for sale in August. Of the three, two did not receive a single bid from any of the companies reportedly interested in the sales.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:46 am
Now that hillsy has been Slapped Down
Only in your deluded mind Springy.

Meanwhile, all over the world they wrap asbestos in plastic and just fkn bury it.

:dunno:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:53 am
Designer wrote:
Oh yes you have been. :space: First one.....you were asked to back up your accusation that I said that burying concrete foundations was toxic.
hillsy v2 wrote:
You can't! :space: SLAP DOWN !! :space: Image :space: :hahafinger:

And that's just the Start. :naughty:

hillsy v2 wrote:
Meanwhile, all over the world they wrap asbestos in plastic and just fkn bury it.
I'll re-post a corrected comment of yours on how BACKWARDS it is that others merely wrap this HORRIBLY TOXIC CANCER CAUSING substance instead of THE BETTER manner that WE AMERICANS know how to;
hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:33 pm
Whose problem is it that Us Guys are years behind you Americans?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

And the hillsy-hits just keep on slapping him down! :space: :clap:

And to top it off,...we have YET ANOTHER HUGE FAILURE OF "renewables" TO PROVIDE WHEN IT IS MOST NEEDED !!

Low Wind Generation Prompts Texas Power Grid Operator to Declare Emergency to Avoid Blackouts
By Cristina Laila Sep. 7, 2023

Texas power grip operator Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) declared an emergency Wednesday night amid late summer scorching temps.
ERCOT manages electric power to more than 26 million Texas customers and represents 90% of the state’s electric load, according to the company.
Temps soared into the triple digits in parts of Texas this week once again straining the power grid.
The wind turbines aren’t producing enough energy and solar generation goes offline at sunset.

According to ERCOT, factors leading to tight grid conditions include:
• Heat. Continued statewide high temperatures.
• Demand. High demand due to the heat.
• Solar. Solar generation starts to decline earlier in the evening hours before completely going offline at sunset.
• Wind. Wind generation is forecasted to be low this evening during peak demand time.

ERCOT asked customers to take the following steps to cut electricity use:
• Raise thermostats by a degree or two
• Avoid using large appliances i.e., washer/dryer etc
• Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances
• Set pool pumps to run early morning or overnight; shut off during peak hours
• Commercial Businesses: Turn off any lights an office equipment when space not in use
• Commercial Businesses: Turn off air-conditioning outside of business hours

“ERCOT entered emergency operations tonight due to a drop in both operating reserves and frequency. By entering EEA 2, ERCOT was able to utilize additional reserve resources to protect the reliability of the grid. No power outages associated with the ERCOT power grid were necessary. The Weather Watch remains in effect through Sept. 8 due to continued higher temperatures, high demand, and the potential for lower reserves. Thank you to Texas residents and businesses for your conservation efforts.” ERCOT said late Wednesday evening.

Late last month ERCOT asked residents to reduce energy usage amid a sweltering heat wave to avoid rolling blackouts.
Texas electricity prices surged 6,000% and are climbing toward the $5,000 price cap, according to data from ERCOT.

EPIC FAILURE AGAIN!!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:38 am
I'll re-post a corrected comment of yours on how BACKWARDS it is that others merely wrap this HORRIBLY TOXIC CANCER CAUSING substance instead of THE BETTER manner that WE AMERICANS know how to
If you're still rambling about asbestos - everyone just buries it. The wrapping in plastic or bags is just to stop any fibres getting spread before it gets to its grave.

And the idea that you Americans "know better" when you have absolutely no standards for the precious bags you promote speaks volumes about your gullible stupidity.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:21 pm
Designer wrote:
I'll re-post a corrected comment of yours on how BACKWARDS it is that others merely wrap this HORRIBLY TOXIC CANCER CAUSING substance instead of THE BETTER manner that WE AMERICANS know how to
If you're still rambling about asbestos - everyone just buries it. The wrapping in plastic or bags is just to stop any fibres getting spread before it gets to its grave.
Yes, you have correctly identified the subject of which I am speaking of.

hillsy v2 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:21 pm
....And the idea that you Americans "know better" when you have absolutely no standards for the precious bags you promote speaks volumes about your gullible stupidity.
Yes, WE DO a better job of protecting the environment BECAUSE we specify the use of Construction Debris BAGS the Totally Encapsulates the TOXIC WASTE that is asbestos.......instead of merely WRAPPING IT IN ANY SORT OF PLASTIC with god-knows-how-many holes in it allowing for leaching into the soil.

Here,...let me re-post THE CORRECTION needed to your previous comment;
hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:33 pm
Whose problem is it that Us Guys are years behind you Americans?

:Cool:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

There's no industry standard for the bags you dickhead.....

They're just fucking plastic....

:lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:funnylast: :space: We will take this Deflection of yours to mean that you recognize that AMERICA IS DOING A BETTER JOB of protecting the environment by specifying the use of Construction Debris BAGS for the internment of asbestos. :space: :Cool:
hillsy v2 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:08 am
There's no industry standard for the bags you dickhead.....They're just fucking plastic.... :lmao:
Hey ASSHOLE. .....Show me where I said that there is an.."Industry Standard"..... for Construction Debris Bags.

You can't. :space: :fu:

So,...I have SLAPPED YOU DOWN AGAIN!! :clap: :space: :rock:

We will add this latest SLAP DOWN to your EVER GROWING LIST of being SLAPPED DOWN;
Designer wrote:
hillsy v2 wrote:
Designer wrote:
Oh yes you have been. :space: First one.....you were asked to back up your accusation that I said that burying concrete foundations was toxic.
hillsy v2 wrote:
You can't! :space: SLAP DOWN !! :space: Image :space: :hahafinger: