renewable energy

Keep it civil
hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Re: renewable energy

Post by hillsy v2 »

Underwater blasting is not just connected to offshore wind farms - it's been going for decades with offshore oil rigs so it's in no way a new thing. Oil rigs don't operate silently either.

From a political aspect it looks like both sides are now asking for a moratorium until we have definitive answers on this - so hopefully we have a better idea of what is going on soon.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:02 pm
Underwater blasting is not just connected to offshore wind farms - it's been going for decades with offshore oil rigs so it's in no way a new thing. Oil rigs don't operate silently either.
:funnylast: :space: Under Educated and Ignorant Moron. :space: First, we are talking about Sonar Blasting used for the PRE-installation exploration required for MANY TIMES MORE "platforms" that are required for an Offshore Industrial Wind Complexes.

Second,...AND the horrid constant Low frequency vibrations that all those Many MANY towered sucking bastard "wind turbines" create.
Herb wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:31 am
Out in East County San Diego there are some wind turbines. I and a friend rode up to one to look it over. When they are turning you can feel a low frequency vibration. I can only imagine what that is like underwater but considering a whale's navigation system I can easily understand how bad it is for them.
You have lost the argument,...so Suck Off. :fu:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Springy - its pretty obvious by your idiotic statements that you don't have a clue.

Let's just hope some AUTHORITIES on the issue can work out any causes.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:38 pm
Springy - its pretty obvious by your idiotic statements that you don't have a clue.
:funnylast: :space: This quite aptly applies to the SHIT,..YOU POST.

And,...The Truth of that has BEEN PROVEN dozens on times already. ....Mr. "electrical switches can fix a mechanical problem" :space: :lmao:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Back to the old "I'll try and change the subject" routine.

:lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:02 pm
:funnylast:
hillsy v2 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:47 pm
I'm back to the old "I'll try and change the subject" routine.

:fu: ....Oh,..and don't forget..... :hahafinger:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

If you want to talk specifically about Seismic Blasting then you should know that tech was invented in the 1920's but really took off when computers became available to process the data in the 1950's.

Again, like I said, not new tech and has been used for decades to locate oil and gas reserves.

Conservationists have been warning about the dangers of this in marine applications for decades as well - which had been falling on deaf ears because of the need for oil - but it seems the anti green movement has come on board now that it's being used for renewables.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Yeah,....like,...these sucking things are soooo,..."clean energy"....

Damaged Solar Panels from Hail Storm Will Likely End Up in Landfill Because Recycling Isn’t Possible
• By Jack Davis, The Western Journal Jul. 10, 2023

A new report said that many solar panels damaged in a hail storm last month will likely end up in landfills.
Although some panels at the Scottsbluff Community Solar project in Nebraska will be usable, many will be too badly damaged, according to Cowboy State Daily.

According to CBS, more than 90 percent of panels are dumped in landfills when they are damaged, defective or reach the end of their usefulness. As of 2030, CBS said the panels will take up about 3,000 football fields worth of landfill space.

In late June a thunderstorm dumped baseball-sized hail on a solar farm at a speed of 150 mph — destroying the facility in just a few minutes.
Cowboy State Daily reported a storm moved east out of Wyoming where it wreaked havoc just across the state line on a solar farm in Scottsbluff, Nebraska.

Scottsbluff City Manager Kevin Spencer told Cowboy State Daily, “Just by looking at it, it looks destroyed to me.”
Writing for the outlet, Kevin Killough reported, “The hail shattered most of the panels on the 5.2-megawatt solar project, sparing an odd panel like missing teeth in a white smile.”

Grant Otten, spokesman for the Nebraska Public Power District, which owns the solar farm, said decisions have not been finalized, according to Cowboy State Daily.

“They’re still working through that process,” he said.
The report said recycling is not often a viable option for damaged or discarded solar panels.
“A solar panel has very little mineral content relative to the volume of the panel,” said B.F. Randall, who has written on Substack questioning the premise of recycling materials from the panels.

“So, it’s just not something that can be recycled in that sense,” he said.
“Polysilicon … can’t ever be recycled back into polysilicon. If it’s fake cycled into sand it would be absolutely toxic,” Randall said.
Randall wrote in his Substack article that at best, panels have $6 worth of silver if it could be refined. However, he said, that’s not possible.
“You can’t recover the silver. It doesn’t work that way,” he said.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

https://potuspaper.com/green-energy-fai ... com&ptn=PP

...A popular 80-kilometer solar panel array along 42nd Street in Nebraska has been destroyed by massive hail stones. The array, which was composed of 95% Chinese–made solar panels, was declared “significantly damaged” by the Nebraska Public Power District....

...Beyond the controversial labor practices, experts have also raised questions about the environmental impacts of solar panels. In particular, solar panel production releases dangerous amounts of nitrogen trifluoride into the atmosphere, making it around 17,000 times more harmful than carbon dioxide.

In addition, solar panel production requires large amounts of silicon, which is only partially recovered in the process. Furthermore, the toxic chemicals used in solar panel production (e.g. cadmium telluride, cadmium gallium, and copper indium selenide) can be damaging to human health if not properly handled....

...Still, the array’s destruction has sent shockwaves through the renewable energy world, raising questions about the longevity and sustainability of solar power. It remains to be seen whether the array will be rebuilt, and whether its destruction will spur new investment in renewable energy production and research....
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

The two posts above clearly outline the costly uselessness and harm presented by vast solar farms. Why won’t it make a dent within the craniums of of greenies who are only obsessed with being on the the winning side no matter how wrong they may be? This is the kind of valid research I like to read, sans bickering and ad hominem name calling. Thank you.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Another Sage Viewpoint from this Expert about the "clean energy" screamers and their propaganda lies;

DAVID BLACKMON: Here’s What Our Climate Overlords Fail To Understand About Fossil Fuels

DAVID BLACKMON IS AN ENERGY WRITER AND CONSULTANT BASED IN TEXAS. HE SPENT 40 YEARS IN THE OIL AND GAS BUSINESS, WHERE HE SPECIALIZED IN PUBLIC POLICY AND COMMUNICATIONS.
July 15, 2023

“Today, our society requires oil and gas … There is no way to think that overnight we can just eliminate all that and rely only on 10% of low-carbon energy. It will take decades to build a new system. If we don’t invest enough, the [oil] price will not be $75 per barrel, it will be $150 or $200 and all consumers will be super unhappy and our life will be a nightmare.” That quote was made by TotalEnergies CEO Patrick Pouyanne during a recent interview with CNBC.

Mr. Pouyanne is certainly not alone in his assessment, though he is closer to the situation than most of the rest of us. The fact is the world is not engaged in any sort of a real “energy transition” at all, but rather a massive diversification and expansion of all types of energy resources. That includes wind and solar, renewable energy sources that are in the midst of a huge expansion drive by trillions of dollars in global government subsidies, but nuclear and coal and wood and biofuels and yes, oil and natural gas.

A new analysis released this week by Energy Outlook Advisors (EOA), a Texas-based advisory group headed up by Anas Alhajji, demonstrates clearly why the popular energy transition narrative about achieving carbon neutrality by 2050 is literally a fantasy.

Start with China and its’ “net-zero by 2060” pledge as a prime example. “The largest investor in renewable energy in the world is China,” Alhajji notes. “To achieve carbon neutrality at this pace of investment, China needs 211 years. But here’s the catch: this number assumes all current renewable projects are going to remain in place forever, and that they won’t require new investments when they expire after 25-30 years. What this indicates is that achieving carbon neutrality by 2060, or even later, is a pipe dream.”

Europe, whose countries have spent trillions of Euros on decarbonization efforts in this century, is another great example. The EOA report points out that, despite those gargantuan investments, fossil fuels — coal, oil and natural gas — provided 71% of Europe’s primary energy consumption during 2022. In China, the figure for 2022 was 82%. In India — the world’s second most populous nation — it was 89%.

In the electricity generation sector, the dominance of fossil fuels is only slightly lower. Europe did manage to generate 41% of its electricity from renewables during 2022, but fossil fuel generation was at 38% with nuclear generating 19% of the continent’s power needs. In China and India, coal is still king, generating 61% and 74% of the power supply in those two Asian giants.

Globally, fossil fuels generated 61% of electricity in 2022, the same percentage as in the United States. With power demand projected to rise dramatically along with the recharging needs of an expanding fleet of electric vehicles in the coming years, this percentage breakdown seems unlikely to shift appreciably for decades to come.

These and other points of hard data cited in the report lead Alhajji to this conclusion: “Most countries, if not all, will not achieve their targets of carbon neutrality, or net zero, by 2050 or 2060. The data above shows that fossil fuels are entrenched and hard to reduce, let alone get rid of them. The hard reality is that we have spent more than $4 trillion on solar and wind energy since 2010, and yet they are showing little progress on the energy landscape.”

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Here's EVEN MORE PROOF that this "green energy....is ALL LIES,... a Bogus, False Narrative,...puked-up to gloss over that.... IT DESTROYS THE PLANET;

Green Hypocrisy in Full Swing 16 Million Trees Axed for Wind Farms in Hypocritical Eco Crusade in Scotland
By Jim Hᴏft Aug. 5, 2023

Scottish National Party (SNP) ministers have admitted to felling close to 16 million trees to make room for wind farms on public land after the Scottish government plans to get all of its power from renewable energy this year.

Mairi Gougeon, the Rural Affairs Secretary, conceded that around 15.7 million trees have been cleared since 2000 from areas presently managed by Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS). The figures equate to over 1,700 trees felled daily, in what critics have described as a hypocritical eco-crusade.

Despite this, Gougeon insisted on a planning presumption in favour of protecting woodland, expecting wind farm developers to undertake “compensatory planting elsewhere.”

However, Scottish Tory MSP Liam Kerr expressed astonishment at the figures, citing worries voiced by “communities all over the country.”
The SNP’s target includes replacing existing turbines with even taller and larger ones. Some developers are even proposing turbines up to 850 feet tall, equivalent to more than 60 double-decker buses.

In a letter to Mr. Kerr, Ms. Gougeon detailed that around 7,858 hectares of trees had been felled to make way for wind farms, estimating a total of 15.7 million trees.

She claimed that many were part of commercial crops that would have been felled eventually, but Mr. Kerr responded that most people would be “astonished” by the numbers and raised concerns over visual impact, wildlife damage, and harm to businesses.

From Herald Scotland:

Steve Micklewright, CEO of Trees for Life, said: “It seems deeply ironic that trees are being felled to make way for windfarms when both healthy growing forests and renewable energy are important in resolving the global climate emergency.

“Woodlands that are ancient or of high conservation value should not suffer from mass felling because other rare and endangered plants and animals can be lost too. :space: In other locations, such as plantations where the trees would have been harvested anyway, a pragmatic approach would be to ensure the timber is used for buildings or other uses that will not release the carbon stored in the trees back into the atmosphere.”

Lyndsey Ward, a Highlands wind farm activist, said: “Not only are millions of CO2 absorbing trees being felled for turbines, hundreds of thousands of acres of ancient carbon-holding peat are being dug up too.

“These figures are astronomical enough, but if you add in the infrastructure requirements and grid connections, many more trees will have been sacrificed and peat lost as remote wind factories are connected to a grid that cannot cope with them.”

The Scottish Government has pledged to cover more than one fifth of Scotland’s land area with trees by 2032 in a bid to help tackle the clime emergency.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

These things are unsafe JUNK;

Wind Turbine Collapses After 'Wind Gust' in Germany’s Rostock, Chilling Video Emerges
A strong gust of wind destroyed a 65-meter-high wind turbine with three blades on a farm south of Gnoien in the Rostock district of Germany.

A strong gust of wind destroyed a 65-meter-high wind turbine with three blades on a farm south of Gnoien in the Rostock district of Germany. Fortunately, the wind turbine was already defective, resulting in less loss. It was reported that no one was injured in the incident. An onlooker recorded the video of the turbine falling on their phone. To be safe, highway 23 between Jördensdorf and Gnoien was closed after the incident.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Oh BUT! ...this "green energy"...Is SO environmentally CLEAN and FRIENDLY. :space: :uhh:

Massive Toxic Wastes From Wind Power Plants

Massive amounts of wastes are generated by wind power plants:
“1.35 Million Tonnes of “Hazardous Material”, Germany Admits No Plan To Recycle Used Wind Turbine Blades…, there’s also the problem of the massive steel reinforced turbine foundations, which are simply being swept under a layer of dirt as well. These too will forever have an impact on ground and ground water.”

A recent report on ZDF German public television explains that currently there’s no plan in place on what to do with the turbine blades, which weigh up to 15 tonnes each. There’s no way to recycle them to use as raw material for new blades.

Currently the old blades are being shredded and the chips mixed in with concrete. “You need too much energy and power to shred them,” says Hans-Dieter Wilcken, the operator of a German recycling company. Burning them is also not an option.

Hazardous waste
The problem with chopping them up is that dangerous carbon fibre particles are produced and pose a threat to human health. Used wind turbine blades have been designated hazardous waste and no one knows how to deal with them.

Currently 30,000 wind turbines are in operation across Germany and many will have to be dismantled over the next 20 years. That volume alone means over a million tonnes of hazardous waste (30,000 turbines x 3 blades/turbine x 15 tonnes/blade = 1.35 million tonnes).

By 2100, with wind turbine use expected to rise, millions of tonnes of non-recyclable hazardous waste will be left for future generations to deal with – that’s in Germany alone.

Bloomberg: Massive waste “forever”
In the USA, Casper Wyoming is currently serving as a landfill for used blades, Bloomberg here reports:

‘The wind turbine blade will be there, ultimately, forever,’ said Bob Cappadona, chief operating officer for the North American unit of Paris-based Veolia Environnement SA, which is searching for better ways to deal with the massive waste. ‘Most landfills are considered a dry tomb.’

‘The last thing we want to do is create even more environmental challenges.’

On top of the hazardous wind turbine blade waste, there’s also the problem of the massive steel reinforced turbine foundations, which are simply being swept under a layer of dirt as well. These too will forever have an impact on ground and ground water.

Future generations will wonder how dumb their ancestors must have been to opt for a form of energy that blighted the landscape, destroyed ecosystems over vast areas, killed avian wildlife, was an unreliable and expensive energy source, made nearby residents sick and left millions and millions of tonnes of waste behind.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:01 pm
Oh BUT! ...this "green energy"...Is SO environmentally CLEAN and FRIENDLY. :space: :uhh:

“1.35 Million Tonnes of “Hazardous Material”, Germany Admits No Plan To Recycle Used Wind Turbine Blades…, there’s also the problem of the massive steel reinforced turbine foundations, which are simply being swept under a layer of dirt as well. These too will forever have an impact on ground and ground water.”

A recent report on ZDF German public television explains that currently there’s no plan in place on what to do with the turbine blades, which weigh up to 15 tonnes each. There’s no way to recycle them to use as raw material for new blades.

Currently the old blades are being shredded and the chips mixed in with concrete. “You need too much energy and power to shred them,” says Hans-Dieter Wilcken, the operator of a German recycling company. Burning them is also not an option.

Hazardous waste
The problem with chopping them up is that dangerous carbon fibre particles are produced and pose a threat to human health. Used wind turbine blades have been designated hazardous waste and no one knows how to deal with them.

Currently 30,000 wind turbines are in operation across Germany and many will have to be dismantled over the next 20 years. That volume alone means over a million tonnes of hazardous waste (30,000 turbines x 3 blades/turbine x 15 tonnes/blade = 1.35 million tonnes).

By 2100, with wind turbine use expected to rise, millions of tonnes of non-recyclable hazardous waste will be left for future generations to deal with – that’s in Germany alone.

Bloomberg: Massive waste “forever”
In the USA, Casper Wyoming is currently serving as a landfill for used blades, Bloomberg here reports:

‘The wind turbine blade will be there, ultimately, forever,’ said Bob Cappadona, chief operating officer for the North American unit of Paris-based Veolia Environnement SA, which is searching for better ways to deal with the massive waste. ‘Most landfills are considered a dry tomb.’

‘The last thing we want to do is create even more environmental challenges.’

On top of the hazardous wind turbine blade waste, there’s also the problem of the massive steel reinforced turbine foundations, which are simply being swept under a layer of dirt as well. These too will forever have an impact on ground and ground water.

Future generations will wonder how dumb their ancestors must have been to opt for a form of energy that blighted the landscape, destroyed ecosystems over vast areas, killed avian wildlife, was an unreliable and expensive energy source, made nearby residents sick and left millions and millions of tonnes of waste behind.
That article is 3 years old. There's companies that are recycling the blades now.

https://www.vestas.com/en/sustainabilit ... zero-waste

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Apparently, SOMEONE is....SOFA KING STUPID...as to not READ that the Article tells of attempts at recycling this Toxic Wind Mill Waste;
Hazardous waste

And.....As we see, this false "notion"...that this HUGE AMOUNT of wind turbine waste is all...'"cleanly recyclable" ... .not only is also NOT environmentally/energy sensible.

As Spent Turbine Blades Pile Up All Over The US Wyoming Seeks Solutions
Wyoming is paying attention to a growing problem of wind turbine blade disposal. A mechanical engineer with experience in the wind industry said the blades are so hard, it’s going to be difficult to do much with them.

Kevin Killough August 31, 2023

A town in Texas is seeing firsthand the waste stream problem created by spent wind turbine blades. It’s a problem Wyoming has been considering for years, with various proposals to address the issue.
While some companies say they hope to repurpose the material for things like concrete, nothing has yet materialized.
Mike Gill, a mechanical engineer who worked in the turbine manufacturing industry, told Cowboy State Daily the material is so hard that repurposing is unlikely to be economical anytime soon.
“It’s a waste of time,” he said.

Piling Up
Texas Monthly magazine reported last week that Sweetwater, Texas, has become inundated with blades. Washington-based Global Fiberglass Solutions is trying to create a successful business recycling the blades. The plan is to grind them up to use as material for things like pallets, railroad ties and flooring panels.

The company began stockpiling used blades in the town at a couple locations. It also has collected huge piles of blades in towns in Iowa.

According to Texas Monthly, the company’s plant in Sweetwater has only recycled some of the blades, though a spokesperson assured the magazine it plans to ramp up production soon.

BTW,...this article PROVES CORRECT,...the pervious article facts about this issue. :space: :kiss:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:28 pm
As we see, this false "notion"...that this HUGE AMOUNT of wind turbine waste is all...'"cleanly recyclable" ... .not only is also NOT environmentally/energy sensible.

As Spent Turbine Blades Pile Up All Over The US Wyoming Seeks Solutions
Wyoming is paying attention to a growing problem of wind turbine blade disposal. A mechanical engineer with experience in the wind industry said the blades are so hard, it’s going to be difficult to do much with them.

Kevin Killough August 31, 2023

A town in Texas is seeing firsthand the waste stream problem created by spent wind turbine blades. It’s a problem Wyoming has been considering for years, with various proposals to address the issue.
While some companies say they hope to repurpose the material for things like concrete, nothing has yet materialized.
Mike Gill, a mechanical engineer who worked in the turbine manufacturing industry, told Cowboy State Daily the material is so hard that repurposing is unlikely to be economical anytime soon.
“It’s a waste of time,” he said.

Piling Up
Texas Monthly magazine reported last week that Sweetwater, Texas, has become inundated with blades. Washington-based Global Fiberglass Solutions is trying to create a successful business recycling the blades. The plan is to grind them up to use as material for things like pallets, railroad ties and flooring panels.

The company began stockpiling used blades in the town at a couple locations. It also has collected huge piles of blades in towns in Iowa.

According to Texas Monthly, the company’s plant in Sweetwater has only recycled some of the blades, though a spokesperson assured the magazine it plans to ramp up production soon.

BTW,...this article PROVES CORRECT,...the pervious article facts about this issue. :space: :kiss:
Whose problem is it that you guys are years behind Europe?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:33 pm
We are Smarter than to create TOXIC HAZARDOUS WASTE.

What happened to your shit-sucking..."notion"...that these sucking..."green energy"...Wind mills would ..."save the planet?"...when they CREATE TOXIC HAZAROUS WASTE? :space: :Umm:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:44 pm
hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:33 pm
We are Smarter than to create TOXIC HAZARDOUS WASTE.

What happened to your shit-sucking..."notion"...that these sucking..."green energy"...Wind mills would ..."save the planet?"...when they CREATE TOXIC HAZAROUS WASTE? :space: :Umm:
What's toxic about them? Carbon fibre blades? Only toxic if you hit them with a cutting disc and suck in the fibres....otherwise inert. And now they can be recycled....except in the US where they are years behind Europe...

Or burying the concrete platforms for the turbines? How is that in any way toxic?

You just keep hammering that same tiny little nail.... :clap:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

It took a LOT of years to figure out how dangerous Asbestos is, look at how it is handled today. How many years will it take to figure out how dangerous carbon fiber is?

I wonder what we are going to find out about the dangers of the carbon fiber and the epoxys that it is made into products with.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.