Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: renewable energy

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:21 pm
Designer wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:38 am
I'll re-post a corrected comment of yours on how BACKWARDS it is that others merely wrap this HORRIBLY TOXIC CANCER CAUSING substance instead of THE BETTER manner that WE AMERICANS know how to
If you're still rambling about asbestos - everyone just buries it. The wrapping in plastic or bags is just to stop any fibres getting spread before it gets to its grave.
Yes, you have correctly identified the subject of which I am speaking of.

hillsy v2 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:21 pm
....And the idea that you Americans "know better" when you have absolutely no standards for the precious bags you promote speaks volumes about your gullible stupidity.
Yes, WE DO a better job of protecting the environment BECAUSE we specify the use of Construction Debris BAGS to encapsulate the TOXIC WASTE that is asbestos...instead of merely wraPPING IT IN ANY SORT OF PLASTIC.

Here,...let me post THE CORRECTION needed to your previous comment;
hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:33 pm
Whose problem is it that Us Guys are years behind you Americans?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Yesterday two sales persons from Baton Rouge, Louisiana knocked on my front door and proposed installing solar panels on my roof here in the deep south ( we are located 40 miles due north of the furthest northern edge of the Gulf of Mexico.

Their proposed installation included all licenses, city and state fees and taxes, in other words I would not be required to put up any upfront monies.
They further explained that after the installation any excess electricity would be absorbed by my energy company and in return we would be given credits towards further electricty usage.. That's when it came apparent to me that this was a lose lose situation for us. They guaranteed the the solar panels would furnish more than enough power usage for my home. The more the panels the more I would have to repay them.
At first it sounded rather appealing but after hearing the rest of the story we declined their offer.
and this what followed.......
From the very first day they started construction of the project I was to be billed a "monthly rent fee", in other words we would start repaying them for the complete construction of the project PLUS INTEREST!!
That's when I informed them, we were not interested.

It just didn't make any sense in paying their "rent fees" for the next 25 YEARS!
Yes, we would be saving the costs of the power we were using monthly, but their fees were more than what I would be saving, it was going to cost me more per month than what my current power fees were.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

There's always a hook.
Plus they put a bunch of holes in your roof.
And when you need a new roof, you can pay them to reinstall said panels.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

IT'S CALLED ... " THEY WIN AND U LOOSE "
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

ALL of what we are being told about renewable energy is propaganda.

Half-truths/fabrications/distortions/Lie-by-omission and even outright LIES.

All one needs do to see that is the truth....... is peruse the Many Articles within this Thread.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

YESSS! :clap: :space: :ShitGrinandThumb: :space: :rock:

US Offshore Wind Plans Are Utterly Collapsing
By Guest Contributor Sep. 25, 2023
This story originally was published by Real Clear Wire By David T. Stevenson

Offshore wind developer Ørsted has delayed its New Jersey Ocean Wind 1 project to 2026. Previously, the company had announced construction of the project would begin in October 2023. The delay was attributed to supply chain issues, higher interest rates, and a failure so far to garner enough tax credits from the federal government. For now, they are not walking away from all their U.S. projects but will reconsider long-term plans by the end of this year. Ørsted’s stock price has fallen 30% in 5 days. This is just the latest bad news for offshore win.

Ocean Wind 1 had one of the highest guaranteed prices among the 18 projects currently in the approval queue. The actual wholesale price guarantees for Ocean Wind 1 start at $98.10/MWh, rising 2% a year to $145.77. Over twenty years revenue will average $126.47/MWh according to the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (BPU). Ørsted is seeking higher guarantees from the BPU and an increase in federal Investment Tax Credits from 30% to 40%. Recognizing the potential financial problems, New Jersey’s largest public utility, Public Service Electric & Gas Company sold its 25% share of the project to Ørsted in January.

The company said it is “reconfiguring” Ocean Wind II in New Jersey, and its Skipjack Wind project off the coasts of Maryland and Delaware because they do not currently meet its projected financial standards. The Maryland Public Service Commission guaranteed Skipjack Wind $146.42/MWh average over twenty years and also gets to keep revenue from sales to the regional grid. Apparently, the higher guarantee is still not enough to meet the company’s financial goals. Ørsted is working to renegotiate guaranteed prices on two other projects, Sunrise Wind and Revolution Wind, that would need a 30% increase just to meet the current Ocean Wind 1 guaranteed price.

Meanwhile, projects off New York are asking for an average 48% increase in guaranteed prices that could add $880 billion a year to electric rates, or almost $18 billion over twenty years (see table below).

In North Carolina, the latest long-term energy plan from Duke Energy drops offshore wind entirely in favor of nuclear, solar, and onshore wind. Furthermore, Duke has committed to only close any existing power plants once replacements are in operation, an idea that other states should follow. Two new offshore wind lease areas in the Gulf of Mexico failed to attract a bid. Vineyard Wind off Nantucket has begun construction but faces three unresolved lawsuits.

Wind turbine manufacturers are faring no better. Siemens Gamesa has announced almost $5 billion in 2023 losses from warranty repairs for turbines much smaller than those planned in the US. The company also faces price pressure. The stock price has dropped 30% since June.
This is not the time for Delaware to be considering offshore wind.

Clearly, the industry is in disarray, facing rising costs, durability, and legal issues. An 800 MW project similar in size and the current guaranteed price to Skipjack 2 may raise Delaware residential electric prices by $400 to $545/year and for businesses by the tens of thousands. A Monmouth University poll shows a major decrease in public support for offshore wind in New Jersey, falling from 84% to 54% with 40% opposed.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

"A Monmouth University poll shows a major decrease in public support for offshore wind in New Jersey, falling from 84% to 54% with 40% opposed."

Well, at least 40% of the people have a working brain...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:28 pm
"A Monmouth University poll shows a major decrease in public support for offshore wind in New Jersey, falling from 84% to 54% with 40% opposed."
And we know who is not included in that 40% ! :space: :wink:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:36 pm
Herb wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:28 pm
And we know who is not included in that 40% ! :space: :wink:
:ShitGrin:
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

OH BUT!......"green energy" is CLEAN!.........it will SAVE THE WORLD!!

Green Energy Push Exposes 23 Million People to Toxic Waste
David Lindfield September 23, 2023

A bombshell new study has revealed that tens of millions of people have been exposed to toxic waste as a result of the push to transition to “green” energy.23 million people, more than the population of Florida, are now exposed to toxic water runoff from metal mining.
The report warns of the devastating impacts of the reckless transition to “green” energy.The demand for mining for minerals needed for electric-powered vehicle batteries has polluted 500,000km of rivers and destroyed 16 million acres of farmland.

The researchers found that 23 million people worldwide, as well as 5.72 million in livestock, over 16 million acres of irrigated farmland, and over 297,800 miles worth of rivers, have been contaminated by mining’s toxic byproducts seeping into the water. This metal mining includes many so-called “rare earth elements” essential to the manufacture of high-tech solar cells, wind turbines, and the batteries needed to store sustainable “green” energy.

While the new study focuses on environmental impacts, global metals mining has recently faced shocking lawsuits against major tech firms, including Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Tesla. The companies have been accused of supporting child slavery in the Congo, where 70 percent of the industry’s cobalt is sourced.

“Rapid growth in global metal mining is crucial if the world is to make the transition to green energy,” noted Chris Thomas, a zoologist at the University of Lincoln whose specialty is in spatial ecology and threats to the global water supply. Thomas led the analysis and modeling work for the new study, which was published today in Science.

Thomas and his colleagues have developed a new database, supported by on-the-ground testing, which now maps the hundreds of square miles’ worth of rivers and floodplains contaminated by these industrial processes across the globe.

The devastation wrought by this contamination, they found, was widespread, affecting approximately 297,800 miles (479,200 km) of river systems total and over 63,000 square miles (164,000 sq-km) of floodplains worldwide.
But, North America stands out as the most affected. The United States and Canada have 123,280 miles of tainted river systems and approximately 10.7 million acres of polluted floodplains.
But the damage was not much better in South America with 50,766 miles of rivers and over 9.5 million acres of floodplain impacted. In Asia, the continent has about 37,842 river miles and about 8.3 million acres of floodplain polluted by metal mining waste.

Mark Macklin, director of the university’s Lincoln Centre for Water and Planetary Health, who led the international team behind the new research, said he anticipates the new study’s maps and modeling tools will help prevent future reckless mining.
“We expect that this will make it easier to mitigate the environmental effects of historical and present mining,” Macklin said.
“Our new method for predicting the dispersal of mine waste in river systems provides governments, environmental regulators, the mining industry, and local communities with a tool that, for the first time, will enable them to assess the offsite and downstream impacts of mining on ecosystem and human health.”

Concerns over just how bad the ecological impact of metal mining for sustainable technology might be are complicated by the diverse variety of resources involved, which can lead to “apples to oranges” comparisons.

According to the MIT Environmental Solutions Initiative, green energy technologies like wind turbines and electric cars often do require many more mined minerals than the present fossil fuels infrastructure.
One electric car, for example, requires six times more metallic and mineral materials than a combustion engine car, MIT’s university team reports.
VisFix
A wind power plant, meanwhile, requires nine times more of these mined compounds than a traditional gas-fired plant.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Just another way to kill off as many people as possible...

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Herb wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:11 am
Just another way to kill off as many people as possible...

You really ARE insane, aren't you?

:lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:29 pm
Hey dumbass,...READ the Article I just posted about the GOVERNMENT APPROVED actions that creates those HORRID Toxic situations that THE GOVERNMENT has forced upon citizenry.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:39 pm
hillsy v2 wrote:
Hey dumbass,...READ the Article I just posted about the GOVERNMENT APPROVED actions that creates those HORRID Toxic situations that THE GOVERNMENT has forced upon citizenry.
As a result of mining?

How is that ANY different to what's been happening continually since the Industrial Revolution?

You've just been suckered into another rabbit-hole of dumbass gullibility like you normally do.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:39 pm
hillsy v2 wrote:
Yeah, and they keep pushing the idea of preserving lands by refusing to let leases for oil or gas but have no problem with releasing government land, that the local tribes have consider sacred for centuries, for the lithium mine.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

YESSS! :space: Yet another victory over this stupidly insane BULLSHIT being forced upon us.

New York Regulators Deal Huge Blow To The Offshore Wind Industry
NICK POPE October 13, 2023
New York state regulators rejected a request by offshore wind developers to renegotiate contracts with utility companies, marking a major blow to the industry on Thursday, E&E News reported.

The New York Public Services Commission (NYPSC) rejected requests by Orsted and Equinor-BP’s joint ventures to increase the prices the companies would receive from utility companies for offshore-wind generated power in the future in order to offset inflation, according to E&E News. The developers had requested more favorable terms for their projects as inflation, higher interest rates, and supply chain and logistical issues have eaten into their profit margins, trends that are troubling the entire offshore wind industry beyond New York state.

Had the petitioned requests been granted, ratepayers in the state could have been forced to pay more for their power as utility companies passed along the higher prices sought by the developers to cover their own costs, according to E&E News. Equinor and BP had requested a 54% price increase for their developments, while Orsted requested a 27% boost.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Yess!..another example of the renewable energy cult getting slapped down for their lying! :rock:

Disgraced Australian fact-checking operation apologises to Dick Smith
The ABC reluctantly issues an apology and revises a contentious fact check regarding renewable energy.

By Rebel News | March 26, 2024 | News

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has issued a formal apology to entrepreneur Dick Smith and made amendments to a controversial fact check concerning renewable energy.

The dispute arose after Smith's remarks on Sydney's 2GB radio, advocating for nuclear energy and disputing the feasibility of running an entire country on renewable energy alone.

The ABC's fact-checking unit initially cited Nepal as an example of a nation achieving 100 per cent renewable energy output, which Smith contested, highlighting Nepal's heavy reliance on biofuel burning.

Amid threats of legal action and accusations of damaging his reputation, Smith demanded corrections to the fact check.

The ABC, in its apology, acknowledged misrepresenting Smith's stance on renewables and failing to adequately contact him for clarification before publication.

Smith's frustration over the ordeal was evident in his remarks to Australian media, where he vowed to pursue legal action if the inaccuracies weren't rectified promptly.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:13 am
Yess!..another example of the renewable energy cult getting slapped down for their lying! :rock:

The ABC reluctantly issues an apology and revises a contentious fact check regarding renewable energy.

By Rebel News | March 26, 2024 | News

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has issued a formal apology to entrepreneur Dick Smith and made amendments to a controversial fact check concerning renewable energy.

The dispute arose after Smith's remarks on Sydney's 2GB radio, advocating for nuclear energy and disputing the feasibility of running an entire country on renewable energy alone.

The ABC's fact-checking unit initially cited Nepal as an example of a nation achieving 100 per cent renewable energy output, which Smith contested, highlighting Nepal's heavy reliance on biofuel burning.

Amid threats of legal action and accusations of damaging his reputation, Smith demanded corrections to the fact check.

The ABC, in its apology, acknowledged misrepresenting Smith's stance on renewables and failing to adequately contact him for clarification before publication.

Smith's frustration over the ordeal was evident in his remarks to Australian media, where he vowed to pursue legal action if the inaccuracies weren't rectified promptly.
Biofuels ARE a renewable resource. That's the whole point of them.

Congrats on another faceplant...

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Right on top of the Face Plant that the ABC News Performed with their disgraceful .."Fact Check"...about renewables in the reporting that Dick Smith had done.......There's this about the long-term durability of solar panels in The Real World,.... and the Toxic Pollution that these sucking things poison our environment with,.... that the enviro-moonies fail to see that they have been suckered into a rabbit-hole of dumbass gullibility,........as they normally do;

Texas Hail Storm Destroys Thousands of Acres of Solar Farms
By Margaret Flavin Mar. 26, 2024

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/0 ... lar-farms/

During a hail storm last week, several solar farms in the Needville, Texas were destroyed in an area spanning more than 10,000 acres.
Nearby residents have expressed concerns about the environmental impact of the solar farms. Fox 26 Houston spoke with local resident Nick Kaminski after the damage:
Nick showed us emails he sent to Fort Bend County Commissioners, the Fort Bend Economic Development Council, and the owners of Fighting J’s Solar Farm asking for the environmental impact report.

“We’ve asked for the same studies, and we’ve been treated the same way,” said Mikes Fugua who also lives near the solar farms. “We got nothing out of them.”

“My concern is the hail damage that came through and busted these panels we now have some highly toxic chemicals that could be potentially leaking into our water tables,” said Kaminski

“I have a family two children and a wife,” he said. “My neighbors have kids and a lot of other residents in the area who are on well water are concerned that the chemicals are now leaking into our water tables.”

Citizen Free Press
@CitizenFreePres Al Gore, please pick up the red emergency phone. Hail storm in Texas yesterday destroys thousands of acres of solar farms. The Climate Mafia was unavailable for comment.

Last edited10:33 PM · Mar 25, 2024

Bradley Tindall
@bradley_tindall The cadmium, lead and polyvinyl fluoride leaching from those dead solar panels will make the land unsuitable for anything for 100 years. Clean energy my ass.
10:57 PM · Mar 25, 2024

Watch:

The Comments about the solar panel's Polluting Chemicals are a good retort.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

The pigeon continues to crap on the chess board.... :dunno: