DIFFERENT VIEWS ON ELECTRIC CARS

Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: DIFFERENT VIEWS ON ELECTRIC CARS

Post by Herb »

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz ... ing%20News

With the exception of the COVID shots, there is perhaps nothing in the economy that has gotten more tailwind in terms of government support than electric vehicles. Whether it’s the subsidies, the mandates, the inflation of the cost of gasoline, or the construction of cumbersome electric charging infrastructure, the government has done everything it can to turn a product that is inherently costly and impractical into something accessible to the public. Yet despite it all, a new study shows fueling these cars is more expensive than most gas-powered cars, even with record high gasoline prices, which were induced by policies from the same green energy. Now is the time to end all subsidies and mandates on behalf of this pathetic industry...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

HARRIS
Bike in shop for repair
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

AND ELECTRIC CARS DO NOT HAVE CIGARETTE LIGHTERS BECAUSE U CAN USE THE WHOLE CAR ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

HARRIS wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:09 am
AND ELECTRIC CARS DO NOT HAVE CIGARETTE LIGHTERS BECAUSE U CAN USE THE WHOLE CAR ....
:funnylast: :space: :lmao: :space: Given how hot and long they burn, you might want to have some marshmallows on hand so you can make S'mores while it burns. :space: :ShitGrinandThumb:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

After reading what Suzuki Johnny posted, It seems to me that it might fit well with this Thread also;
Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:48 pm
If you're considering buying an EV (Electric Vehicle) you may want to read this. Then charging stations. Many will be installed but will one be open when you really need it. Electric vehicle hae some good points, but look at the big picture - costs and charging availability.

Why buy a TESLA when: 1) it takes 70,000 gallons of water when the battery catches fire 2) you have to pay $10,000+ to replace a bad battery after the warranty expires 3) it can't be driven during a national disaster due to electricity blackouts 4) auto-ignites when hurricanes create high tides and the battery chemical reacts with salt water 5) battery range performance decreases over time until it goes bad and you have to pay $10,000 for a new battery 6) false advertised auto-pilot can cause serious injuries to your love ones. 7) super high insurance premiums because repair costs are too high.

If you are now an informed consumers and still buy a TESLA, then you must enjoy to give your money away.

https://news.yahoo.com/deadly-crashes-i ... ccounter=1

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

HARRIS
Bike in shop for repair

Post by HARRIS »

BECAUSE " FOOLS RUSH IN WHERE WISE MEN FEAR TO TREAD ...."
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

This,...this is just TOO GOOD to not include here,......where we are talking about how these ev's....."are going to save the planet". :roll:

As Suzuki Johnny's posting correctly points out,...........IT IS ALL LIES!!
Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:17 pm

This is a CAT994A.
It burns approximately 1,000 litres of fuel in 12 hours, moves approximately 250 tonnes of dirt to extract the materials needed to make ONE Tesla battery.
To make each battery, you need to treat:
- 12 tons of brine for lithium,
- 15 tons of ore for cobalt
- 3 tons of ore for nickel,
- 12 tons of ore for copper
And move 250 tons of the earth's crust.
For just - one - battery, which has about:
- 12 kg of lithium
- 30 kg of nickel
- 22 kg of manganese
- 15 kg of cobalt
- 100 kg of copper
- 200 kg of aluminum, steel and plastic
And people still believe in "zero emissions" when they drive their electric cars.... , 😂😂 and we didn’t mention “recycling “
👉 It's going to be fine

HARRIS
Bike in shop for repair

Post by HARRIS »

BUT ... THE FEELING U GET FROM HAVING AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE ... PRICELESS!

STUPID DO GOODERS !
Luck & Experience:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

HARRIS wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:26 am
BUT ... THE FEELING U GET FROM HAVING AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE ... PRICELESS!
STUPID DO GOODERS !
:ShitGrinandThumb: ...........If I may. :space: :bow:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Hillsy should move to Northern California and have his whole house wired up to solar and wind power. See how he loves having no power during a snow storm because the solar and wind don't provide enough juice.

But at least he'd be able to drive his Tesla to a warmer location until the storm passes.

Oh, wait...his Tesla won't start because his solar/wind power doesn't produce enough juice to charge his car. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

HARRIS
Bike in shop for repair

Post by HARRIS »

AS MAYOR PETE. ON HIS KNEES, GETS PLUGGED, DREAMS OF SUGAR PLUMS ....
Luck & Experience:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

This is an interesting article from the insurance industry on their issues with insuring EV's.

In order to read the complete link you will need to sign up for a free account but there is a lot of good info about the insurance industry issues with EVs. There are a bunch of links in the article that add to the information.

I have a hunch that the insurance costs will rise as more issues with them are discovered.

https://www.propertycasualty360.com/202 ... ular%20EVs

Electric vehicles (EVs) may keep you from spending an arm and a leg at the gas pump, but you can count on shelling out more cash to insure them – about 25% more than their internal combustion engine counterparts, according to ValuePenguin. These higher premiums largely come from the fact that EVs are overall more expensive to replace and repair, but insurers still lack the long-term data required to know exactly how to underwrite this fledgling technology.

One tick against EVs when it comes to insurance is fire risk. EVs utilize lithium-ion batteries, which have shown to be at risk of igniting. Following Hurricane Ian, the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation encouraged those affected by the storm to be alert, as these batteries could increase in temperature to the point of ignition after being submerged in salt water. These fires are also capable of igniting or reigniting weeks after the event. Fires and explosions caused by lithium-ion batteries can also produce corrosive and poisonous gases.

Other factors that contribute to higher EV insurance premiums, according to Verisk, include the scarcity of repair shops equipped to service EVs and safety threats because the EV is quieter than a gas-powered car and may go unheard by pedestrians as they approach.

In the slideshow above, we’ll look at the average annual premium for full coverage auto insurance for ten of the most popular EVs, according to ValuePenguin.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Here's another "view" of these sucking ev's!

Major Automaker Expects It Will Hemorrhage Billions From Its Electric Vehicle Business
JOHN HUGH DEMASTRI March 23, 2023

Ford expects to lose $3 billion on its electric vehicle department this year, the company announced Thursday.

The company will be reorganizing its financial reporting into three distinct branches, Ford Blue, Ford Model e and Ford Pro, which will develop gas-powered, electric and commercial vehicles respectively, according to a press release. In the three years starting 2021, Ford Model e is expected to report a $3 billion loss.

“We’ve essentially ‘refounded’ Ford, with business segments that provide new degrees of strategic clarity, insight and accountability to the Ford+ plan for growth and value,” CFO John Lawler said. “It’s not only about changing how we report financial results; we’re transforming how we think, make decisions and run the company, and allocate capital for highest returns.”

The company will report its full first quarter results on May 2 under this new organizational structure, instead of by region as it typically does. It currently projects a $7 billion profit from Ford Blue, a slight tick up from 2022, while Ford Pro will nearly double to $6 billion in profit.

No major automaker, with the exception of Elon Musk’s Tesla, is expected to turn a profit on electric vehicles for years, according to CNBC. Ford faces the additional challenge of producing mass-market vehicles, which typically have lower profit margins than those of luxury vehicles like Teslas, and the company could currently be losing roughly $9,000 per electric vehicle sold, Deutsche Bank analyst Emmanuel Rosner told CNBC.

Ford still expects its traditional gas-powered vehicles to be its main drivers of profit, which will help fund its electric vehicle division, according to CNBC. To help boost margins, the company plans to cut roughly $3 billion in structural costs by the middle of the decade by “radically” simplifying and focusing on “world class-efficiency,” Kumar Galhotra, head of Ford Blue, said in a March 2022 interview.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:06 am
Here's another "view" of these sucking ev's!

Major Automaker Expects It Will Hemorrhage Billions From Its Electric Vehicle Business
JOHN HUGH DEMASTRI March 23, 2023

Ford expects to lose $3 billion on its electric vehicle department this year, the company announced Thursday.

The company will be reorganizing its financial reporting into three distinct branches, Ford Blue, Ford Model e and Ford Pro, which will develop gas-powered, electric and commercial vehicles respectively, according to a press release. In the three years starting 2021, Ford Model e is expected to report a $3 billion loss.

“We’ve essentially ‘refounded’ Ford, with business segments that provide new degrees of strategic clarity, insight and accountability to the Ford+ plan for growth and value,” CFO John Lawler said. “It’s not only about changing how we report financial results; we’re transforming how we think, make decisions and run the company, and allocate capital for highest returns.”

The company will report its full first quarter results on May 2 under this new organizational structure, instead of by region as it typically does. It currently projects a $7 billion profit from Ford Blue, a slight tick up from 2022, while Ford Pro will nearly double to $6 billion in profit.

No major automaker, with the exception of Elon Musk’s Tesla, is expected to turn a profit on electric vehicles for years, according to CNBC. Ford faces the additional challenge of producing mass-market vehicles, which typically have lower profit margins than those of luxury vehicles like Teslas, and the company could currently be losing roughly $9,000 per electric vehicle sold, Deutsche Bank analyst Emmanuel Rosner told CNBC.

Ford still expects its traditional gas-powered vehicles to be its main drivers of profit, which will help fund its electric vehicle division, according to CNBC. To help boost margins, the company plans to cut roughly $3 billion in structural costs by the middle of the decade by “radically” simplifying and focusing on “world class-efficiency,” Kumar Galhotra, head of Ford Blue, said in a March 2022 interview.
So, once again, the gas picks up the slack for the EVs... Like it has forever...

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Yes Sir Herb, :space: :bow: :space: As Gasoline ICE vehicles ALWAYS can, too.

Here's more about the "God Send" that is ev's....as YET ANOTHER Owner learns THE TRUTH about these POS ;

EV Fail: Rivian Electric Truck Owner’s ‘Honeymoon Phase’ Ends When It Gets Stuck in Snow
LUCAS NOLAN 25 Mar 2023

The owner of a Rivian R1S electric SUV was overjoyed to have his dream electric vehicle after waiting for years. But after owning the car for just days, it got stuck in the snow and immobilized by a safety feature, leading to a $2,100 bill to transport it to a repair facility.

The owner of an R1S truck, Chase Merrill, encountered a difficult situation when his electric SUV got stuck in deep snow and a safety feature rendered it immobile.

In an interview with Insider, Merrill explains that he was initially overjoyed with his new R1S, saying: “I was in a honeymoon phase. It’s an incredible car, and it handles unlike anything I’ve ever driven.” However, when the car got stuck in 2.5 feet of snow, his love affair with the truck promptly ended. :space: Merrill commented on his expectations, stating: “I had seen all the Rivian marketing campaigns with the cars just eating through the snow, so it was kind of like, man, this is disappointing.”

When the Rivian truck became stuck in the snow, a safety feature immobilized the vehicle.

The vehicle had to be loaded onto a flatbed truck and transported to a service center located hundreds of miles away from the incident. The bill to transport the electric truck totaled $2,100, a smack in the face for Merrill, who had just taken possession of the truck in the few days preceding the incident.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Sounds like the "safety feature" is actually a detriment...

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz ... Engagement

Not all spending and not all policies are equally destructive, but some are more harmful to our liberty than others. In the realm of options for which spending cuts Republicans should demand in exchange for raising the debt limit, one policy stands out as a winner. The so-called “Inflation Reduction Act,” which we now know will cost $1.2 trillion, has not fully taken root in the economy yet, but if it does, it will transform our society into an energy-free dystopia, boxing out the middle class from living the American dream.

Goldman Sachs recently estimated that the cost of the green energy bonanza will actually be $1.2 trillion, three times the estimate of the Congressional Budget Office when the bill passed Congress last year. But it’s not even the fiscal cost that is the biggest problem. We’d be better off flushing that money down the toilet rather than using it to essentially kill the American automobile and dot every corner of this country with electric vehicle charging stations and infrastructure. This bill is designed to flood our market with electric vehicles, drain an already weak electric grid with expensive vehicles that can’t make it on a full road trip without a recharge, strip the world of precious resources, and ensure that we are all living in 15-minute cities, owning nothing, and eating bugs....

...So rather than focusing on a demand for across-the-board spending cuts or a specific top-line spending level, Republicans should focus their demands on the quality of the spending cuts in targeting the weaponization of the government against the American dream. Ending the global warming albatross around the necks of working-class Americans should be the top target. And ironically, it would truly lead to the reduction of inflation.

HARRIS
Bike in shop for repair

Post by HARRIS »

FAMILIAR WITH THE TERM, " BE CAREFUL WHAT U WISH FOR ... "
Luck & Experience:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Yeah, this is about E-bikes but considering that many of them are stored inside homes and apartments it is really scary.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/a-child-a ... Daily%20AM

..."Today’s fire marks our 59th fire this year caused by a lithium-ion battery. Today, unfortunately we have had our fifth fatality this year as a result of lithium-ion batteries," said Chief Fire Marshal Dan Flynn in statement accompanying the FDNY's Instagram post on the deadly blaze....

..."We lost two people today; we were fortunate not to lose six."

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

And here we have YET ANOTHER shining example of just how much better these sucking evs are!! :space: :lmao:

Man Shows How Brutal an EV Road Trip Can Be as He's Forced to Bundle Up Instead of Using Heater in Car
By George C. Upper III April 17, 2023

Insider’s Tim Levin recently made a round-trip drive from New York City to Washington, D.C., and back, and found that he was forced to spend roughly a quarter of his time charging his electric vehicle.

And that wasn’t even the worst of it.

He made the drive in early April, and the outside temperatures were chilly, Levin wrote for Insider. So, unfortunately, were the inside temperatures — inside the car, that is, because of the effect running the heater had on the vehicle’s battery life and, therefore, its range.

Levin chose to make the trip in a Toyota bZ4X, a new electric SUV on the market. However, the battery in the vehicle was designed for longevity, not fast charging. :space: In a relatively new industry like electric vehicles, such trade-offs are not uncommon.

For the bZ4X, that means that the battery can charge at a maximum rate of 100 kilowatts. :space: Levin labeled that rate “uncompetitive” in and of itself, but in point of fact, though he charged the vehicle’s battery three times during his trip, he never even saw it charge that quickly.
That led to what he described as “some excruciating charging times.”

Levin made the 500-mile round trip in nine hours of driving, meaning that he averaged almost exactly 55 mph while behind the wheel. Given the traffic along that corridor, that’s a respectable rate of travel.

However, he also had to spend an additional three hours charging the vehicle, making his effective rate of travel more like 40 mph.

Three fill-ups in a gas vehicle would be expected to require less than an hour total, of course. But for a 500-mile trip, one fill-up would

And while gas vehicles give off heat as a byproduct of the internal combustion process, electric vehicle drivers must tap the stored energy in their battery if they want to crank up the heat.

Levin said that doing so on his trip dropped the indicated battery range from 176 to 125 miles. He chose to dress warmly and use the “more efficient” seat and steering-wheel warming features, rather than add another 45-to-60-minute charging stop to his trip.

Levin said the discomfort of the cold led him to “curse these silly electric cars under my breath once or twice.”