Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: DIFFERENT VIEWS ON ELECTRIC CARS

Post by Herb »

fixed it

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion ... -dont-want

Major Car Dealer Calls For Halt to EV Mandates, Says Consumers Don't Want them
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

I couldn't get to the Video, Herb.

Tell me, what State/Town did this article refer to?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Sorry about that I put the wrong link on the post

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion ... -dont-want

...LaRochelle has noticed that people who buy EVs often return them, unhappy with the limited battery life and not enough places to charge them....

He also mentions that EVs are too expensive for many, like military members or teachers in the D.C. area, who can’t afford cars costing $60-80,000.

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

https://moonbattery.com/7-5-billion-for ... -chargers/

Dec
$7.5 billion for Zero EV Chargers
Democrats have spent $billions upon $billions of our money in the name of getting us to drive dangerous, expensive, inefficient, unreliable, and environmentally harmful electric cars, for reasons they have not divulged but that probably don’t have anything to do with the allegedly problematic climate, which will remain unaffected. What are we getting for the money? Nothing:

The 2021 Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act included $7.5 billion to build 500,000 public charging stations across the country. Under the program, states can qualify for as much as 80 percent of the cost to build chargers and bring them online. But as Politico reported this week, not a single charger funded by the program is yet operational.

Nonetheless,

Earlier this year, the Environmental Protection Agency mandated that by 2030, half of all vehicles sold in the U.S. must be electric.

In other words, EPA bureaucrats have mandated that we will be going without cars, in accordance with the totalitarian power evidently bestowed upon them by the US Constitution. There will be nowhere near enough chargers to support them.

“The slow rollout…primarily boils down to the difficulties state agencies and charging companies face in meeting a complex set of contracting requirements and minimum operating standards for the federally-funded chargers, according to interviews with state and EV industry officials,” the article notes....

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

https://www.deplorabledaily.com/joe-bid ... m_content=

...Consumer Reports (CR), the widely respected but left-leaning product review publication, just named the most unreliable vehicle type in their rankings of automobiles for the year.

And it was another jolt of bad news for EVs.

CR’s rankings in this year’s report named electric pickup trucks as the most unreliable vehicle of all.

“As more EVs hit the marketplace and automakers build each model in greater numbers, we are seeing that some of them have problems with the EV drive system motors, EV charging systems, and EV batteries (which are different from the low-power 12-volt batteries that power accessories),” CR reported.

But even with the report, CR tried to explain the problems away.

Jake Fisher, the Senior Director of auto testing at CR, said that “this story is really one of growing pains. It’s a story of just working out the bugs and the kinks of new technology.”

But experts predict the report showing EVs are less reliable than gas powered vehicles will cause even more consumers to hold off on making the switch.

It’s already adding to existing concerns about EVs, including a lack of charging infrastructure, the higher cost of the vehicles, and growing problems with performance....

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The solution to this vexing problem will be held next November.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

anyone that trusts auto steer or auto braking systems is an idiot or someone with a death wish.

https://www.oann.com/newsroom/tesla-ann ... -concerns/

Tesla is recalling over two million of its vehicles, due to an “Autosteer” function that allegedly does not “ensure the safety of its drivers.”

The company made the announcement after an investigation revealed its autopilot safety system was “not sufficient to prevent driver misuse.”

The recall includes the 2012-2023 Model S, 2016-2023 Model X, 2017-2023 Model 3, and the 2020-2023 Model Y that comes with the “Autosteer” function.

“In certain circumstances when Autosteer is engaged, the prominence and scope of the feature’s controls may not be sufficient to prevent driver misuse,” the recall notice said....

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion ... cc699edc4d

Obviously, the visual of a stuck Cybertruck — trying to futilely haul a Christmas tree, no less — is not the best look for Tesla or Musk.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Damn right they are. Only with the edsel ford lost money, in this case EVERONE of us is losing money.

It didn't take government to force the change from horses to gas vehicles. The more useful cars were the difference. the buying public demanded the change. Not one penny of government money went into putting gas stations On almost every street corner and crossroads, again, the buying public caused the installation of PROFITABLE fuel stops.

By the way, when cars first started being used the electric car market was pretty competitive to gas cars, However, the same problems that ended up destroying the original "EV's" market are what the current EV's are experiencing.

https://mammothnation.com/blog/are-evs- ... &utm_term=

Since math can’t lie, here’s a look at how EVs are stacking up in terms of economic value. Economist Steve Moore recently compared EVs to the ill-fated Edsel, “one of the textbook marketing flops of all time.” (Millenials and Gen Z may have to do an internet search on this one.)

“All the automotive experts and Ford executives said it was a can’t-miss. Henry Ford (the car was named after his son) guaranteed hundreds of thousands of sales. But one big thing went wrong: Nobody ever bothered to ask car buyers what they thought of the new car,” he wrote.

“Given the all-in approach to electric vehicles at Ford and General Motors, it’s clear that Detroit never got the message.”

The main difference between the Edsel of the 1950s and EVs of the 21st century, however, is that taxpayers didn’t have to fork over hundreds of billions of dollars when the Edsel flopped....

...Are Dealers Cashing In?
The answer is a definite no. Despite all the subsidies, dealers can’t move the things off their lots. Last week, 4,000 dealers wrote Biden a letter begging him to ease up on his plans to mandate EV sales. They’re already suffering as carmakers flood the market with Biden-approved EVs. (You can read the entire letter here.)

“They are not selling nearly as fast as they are arriving at our dealerships — even with deep price cuts, manufacturer incentives, and generous government incentives,” they wrote. “Already, electric vehicles are stacking up on our lots, which is our best indicator of customer demand in the marketplace.”

For a while, EV sales were on the rise. But the bottom has fallen out now that most of the wealthy, early-adaptor, virtue-signaling homeowners have bought theirs.

Most car purchasers are more concerned with affordability, distance range, and not having to worry about the car spontaneously blowing up.

“Today’s current technology is not adequate to support the needs of the majority of our consumers,” the dealers explained to Biden....

...Insurance Costs More for EVs
An analysis by Policygenius, an insurance comparison shopping site, found that an EV sedan costs 18% more to insure, on average, than a gas-powered one. “Insurance for a Tesla Model 3 and Y costs $1,000 more per year than for a Ford truck,” it reports.

These extra costs might not mean much to affluent liberal elites, but for most folks, these are budget-busting numbers...

...Are EVs Even Really Good for the Planet?... (uh, NO!)

...Will EVs End Up In the Scrapyard, Like the Edsels?
When the Edsel flopped, Ford scrapped the model, ate the losses, and moved on. But what happens if EVs are an Edsel-scale commercial flop?

The government never admits a mistake. So the leftists who run it will just shower more taxpayer subsidies. There’s already talk of an industry bailout as car makers try to absorb the massive losses they are incurring on their EV lines.

And, if more subsidies don’t work, the left will simply ban gas-powered cars outright. That’s what California and several other liberal states are already planning, and it’s why the Biden administration wants to impose regulations that would force two-thirds of new cars sold to be electric.

Consumers, and taxpayers, be damned.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Anyone with a brain could have figured this out. Don't expect me to have any empathy for these idiots.

BTW a 45 minute charge time is downright stupid to put up with. I fueled up my truck the other day and it took less than 15 minutes to pump 31 gallons of diesel in it and the rear tank won't take fuel faster than the lowest setting and it took 17 gallons. This gives me 550-600 miles of range no matter the weather unless i am running it in 4wd.

BTW no one is mentioning how much it cost to charge them for a really short range.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion ... 5f3457cee0

Charging Stations Turn Into Tesla 'Graveyards' as Biting Cold Exposes Major EV Vulnerability

...Mark Bilek of the Chicago Auto Trade Association tried to excuse away the frustrations of cars that would not charge because of the deep freeze.

He noted that that drivers need to hit the “preconditioning” button to warm a battery enough so it can take a charge in frigid temperatures.

“Like any new technology, there’s a learning curve for people,” Bilek told WFLD.

The problem is, the preconditioning feature needs power to operate and if the car is sapped out, it isn’t going to work.

Indeed, Mr. Bilek. The “learning curve” should find drivers “learning” that an EV doesn’t work in a Chicago winter.

For its part, Tesla warned drivers to remember that using the cabin heater will also use battery life a lot faster than driving during moderate temps....

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/0 ... tal-giant/

Hertz Global Holdings Inc., once a leading advocate for electrifying its vehicle fleet, has announced plans to offload approximately a third of its U.S. electric vehicles (EVs), citing sluggish demand and burdensome maintenance costs, Bloomberg reported....

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Pouring more money down the EV rat hole...(shakes head)

https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/31/bide ... subsidies/

Biden Admin Classifies Martha’s Vineyard, Elite Locales As ‘Low-Income’ To Push EV Charger Subsidies

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

TESLA IS NOW INCLUDING A PAIR OF ROLLER SKATES AS STANDARD EQUIPMENT...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

They left out the fire hazard if it get wet or is a crash.

https://thinkamericana.com/one-car-comp ... -big-time/

Toyota announced a projected annual profit of $30 billion by March's end. This success is largely attributed to a pivotal choice.

The company opted for hybrid vehicles over a fully electric fleet. This strategy, as reported by Axios, likely fueled its fiscal year-end triumph. Toyota's shares surged by nearly 50% over the past year, outperforming electric vehicle (EV) makers.

So much for EV's being "the future"https://t.co/FBpboGHvJr

— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) February 22, 2023
EV manufacturers face declining demand, highlighted by Toyota's gains. Ford, for instance, slashed its electric F-150's price by $10,000 due to lackluster sales, with unsold models accumulating at dealerships.

Critics argue electric vehicles don't significantly benefit the environment. They point out that EVs still rely on electricity from traditional power plants and are frequently discarded after minor damage.

Public interest in electric vehicles is waning. Viral videos show long waits at charging stations, adding to consumer frustration.

General Motors reported a $1.7 billion loss in January, reflecting decreased enthusiasm for electric vehicles. Toyota's decision to focus on hybrids, seen as more reliable and efficient, appears to have been vindicated.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Here are some thought I haven't heard much of.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/0 ... ns-emerge/

Already, it appears the U.S. could end up dependent on unfriendly nations for materials for all those batteries. Then there’s the fact that the nation’s grid simply can’t support all that recharging – California already has been sending out advisories for owners not to charge. And then there’s the limited range, extended recharging times, both worsened by bad weather.

But now a report in the Washington Times explains that those batteries are heavy, and EVs can weight up to 50% more than internal combustion motor vehicles.

And that weight damages roads, bridges and parking garages, with those vehicles easily plowing through safety guardrails while posing a higher danger to other drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists traveling the same routes.

“The problems associated with EVs are poised to grow as more consumers purchase the cars under the Biden administration’s plan to eliminate gas-powered vehicles and the tailpipe emissions that come with them,” the report explained.

It explained engineers writing recently for Structure Magazine suggested construction companies, and building codes, need to make accommodation for the higher weight.

Parking garages, they said, should be redesigned to hold more weight.

That’s because some hold hundreds of vehicles, and just one EV. A Ford truck, weighs in at 8,240 pounds, nearly a ton more than the gas-powered version of the same pickup.

“Significantly increasing passenger vehicle weights combined with recently reduced structural design requirements will result in reduced factors of safety and increased maintenance and repair costs for parking structures,” the engineers wrote. “There are many cases of parking structure failures, and the growing demand for EVs will only increase the probability of failure.”

Then there are those guardrails, installed to minimize damage when traffic goes awry.

They are installed between lanes for traffic moving opposite directions, between lanes and edge drop-offs and more.

That concern comes out of a procedure at a test facility in Nebraska, where examiners took a 3.6-ton Rivian R1 and sent it into a metal guardrail at 62 mph, first headon, then at an angle.

Both times it “ripped through” the guardrail and continued into what would have been lanes for oncoming traffic, the report revealed.

The conclusion was simple: making vehicles much heavier means “a lot more force” is required to redirect the vehicle.

University of Nebraska professor Cody Stolle, told the Times, “We found these guardrail systems don’t have great compatibility with these [electric] vehicles yet.”

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

https://www.desantisdaily.com/ron-desan ... t=1274_rnw

...The latest Consumer Price Index (CPI) report came in hotter than expected, confirming that inflation is still lingering.

The biggest jump of any category in the CPI was motor vehicle insurance which came in at a 20.6% increase year-over-year.

The surging cost of car insurance is crushing many consumers already struggling with the rising cost of living.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis revealed who he thought was the culprit for car insurance rates skyrocketing.

“You look at things like auto insurance,” DeSantis said. “Yes, we have had major supply problems over many years for autos that impacts the ability to repair. But then I think these EVs are a lot more expensive to repair, and I think that impacts those rates as well.”

The car insurance rates are significantly higher for electric vehicles because of the expensive repairs, DeSantis cited.

According to U.S. News & World Report, the cost to replace the battery in an electric vehicle can run anywhere from $7,000 to nearly $30,000....

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

https://renewedright.com/joe-biden-is-o ... nt=180908A

Joe Biden is on the retreat over electric vehicles after his Bidenmobiles got this brutal rejection

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Views?

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

At the end of the day we will see more EV's hitting the roads in the future, regardless of who is sitting in the oval office.
The reality is that new technologies are always expensive, unreliable, and meet with resistance. As much as folks love to claim change is good , it rarely is.
Are EV'S EXPENSIVE? Not anymore expensive than a similar gasoline powered vehicle. Sometimes actually cheaper. For example it's almost impossible to find a new F150 for under 60k, but you can get an EV f150 for 48k. I wouldn't buy one but that makes the cost argument moot.
Current technology does prevent rapid charging, but I'm sure that issue will get resolved.

Said it hundreds of times but if you don't want an ev, don't get one