DIFFERENT VIEWS ON ELECTRIC CARS

Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: DIFFERENT VIEWS ON ELECTRIC CARS

Post by Designer »

Here's YET ANOTHER example of these sucking ev's BURSTING into flames....

Oh But!.....they will save the WORLD!! :fu:

as reported by Breitbart;

Green Inferno: Tesla Bursts in Flames on Busy Australian Highway

ALANA MASTRANGELO 14 Sep 2023

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2023/09/ ... n-highway/

A Tesla burst into flames on a busy highway on Monday in the Southern Highlands region of Australia, sending firefighters on a difficult mission to battle the blaze. The fire started after the electric vehicle built by Elon Musk’s company hit debris that fell off another vehicle.
The Tesla Model 3, which costs upwards of $60,000, likely caught on fire due to a lithium battery that was damaged after a piece of debris fell from a truck onto the battery shell, according to a report by Daily Mail.

Both the driver and passenger of the Tesla were thankfully able to safely escape the electric vehicle that soon turning into a battery-fueled inferno on the side of the Hume Highway, about two hours southwest of Sydney, Australia.

But it took firefighters at least half an hour to get the fire under control. They had to bring a bulk water tanker and ended up using more than 1,585 gallons of water before the Tesla fire was extinguished.

Penrose Rural Fire Service referred to the incident as “a very interesting call-out last night with our first call to an electric vehicle fire.”
“The car had hit debris from a vehicle in front of it and was well alight when Penrose Rural Fire Brigade arrived,” the fire service added.
That same day, five luxury cars in a parking lot at the Sydney Airport reportedly had to be razed after a lithium battery caught fire.

Putting out a fire on an electric vehicle is no easy task, as the electrolyte fluid reaction in lithium batteries makes the blaze extremely hard to put out as the incident achieves what experts call “thermal runaway.” Moreover, the fires have been known to spontaneously reignite up to a week later.
As Breitbart news previously reported, electric vehicles have proven themselves to be a new and difficult challenge for firefighters after several of them caught on fire in Florida last, after becoming waterlogged during Hurricane Ian.

“There’s a ton of EVs disabled from Ian. As those batteries corrode, fires start. That’s a new challenge that our firefighters haven’t faced before. At least on this kind of scale,” Jimmy Patronis, Florida’s chief financial officer and state fire marshal, said at the time.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Why the hell are taxpayer dollars going for this?

None of the gas stations in this country were funded by tax dollars, they were paid for with private money.

Why the hell are not private companies paying for this shit.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/pete-butt ... Engagement

The Department of Transportation announced this week that the Biden administration approved a $100 million effort to repair and replace broken electric vehicle chargers. United States Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg admitted he has run into issues when trying to charge his vehicle, according to an interview Wednesday with the Wall Street Journal.

A press release from the DOT states that $100 million in federal funding will be used to fix “existing but non-operational, electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure.”...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

WHEN IT AIN'T COMING OUTA U'RE POCKET ... IT'S SOooo EASY TO BE SANTA CLAUSE
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

YESSS! :space: take it to them!!

Probe Opened into Bidens Energy Secretary After Police Called on Her EV Road Trip Stunt
By Margaret Flavin Sep. 26, 2023

The Gateway Pundit reported that police were called on Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm after an Energy Department staffer, desperate to reserve a charging plug for Granholm’s EV on a publicity stunt road-trip, blocked the charging station with a gas-powered vehicle and prevented regular Americans from accessing it.

Granholm, and some of her staffers, set out on a 4-day electric vehicle road trip through the Southeast over the summer to tout the Biden Regime’s commitment to funding electric vehicles that virtually no one wants (or can afford).

Now, Republicans on the House Oversight and Accountability Committee are probing Granholm over the trip and call to police. In a letter from Oversight Chairman James Comer (R-KY) the incident is described as a stunt “intended to draw attention to the billions of dollars the White House is pouring into green energy and clean cars.”

The letter reads in part:
We are alarmed by recent reports of your four-day summer 2023 electric vehicle (EV) road trip apparently intended to showcase the Biden Administration’s progress in achieving a radical green agenda. Using an internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle, your Department of Energy (DOE) staff blocked off an EV-only charging station so you could stay on a schedule which was “painstakingly mapped out ahead of time” because of limited, slow, and nonworking EV chargers along your route. In “sweltering” Georgia heat, your staff’s actions caused a family with an infant child and low charge on their EV battery to call the police out of urgency while waiting at this charging station You ultimately blamed your staff for “poor judgment” while testifying about preventing other EV vehicles from charging. This taxpayer-funded publicity stunt illustrates yet again how out of touch the Biden Administration is with the consequences of policies it has unleashed on everyday Americans. Committee Republicans remain committed to preserving freedoms like vehicle consumer choice in the face of an unproven, burdensome, and expensive Biden Administration push to force all Americans to buy EVs. We request documents and information to understand the purposes, costs, and consequences of your summer 2023 EV road trip.

Your summer 2023 EV road trip was reportedly “intended to draw attention to the billions of dollars the White House is pouring into green energy and clean cars.” Yet at every point on this journey, you relied upon ICE vehicles using gasoline to try to boost the charade of the effectiveness of green energy. ......This included using an ICE vehicle to block the aforementioned family and others from using EV chargers in Grovetown, Georgia.
According to NPR, DOE staff and Secret Service used ICE vehicles while supporting your EV “caravan.” Your fleet of EVs could not complete the trip without the support of the fossil fuel industry which you and the Biden Administration have been intent to vilify and destroy.

The letter points out that road trip preceded the Biden Administration’s “most aggressive move yet” on the fossil fuel industry and requests Granholm produce documents and communications to on the purposes, costs, and consequences of the road trip.
Read the full letter below.
View Fullscreen
Audio from the 911 call was obtained Tuesday by Fox News Digital.
“I’m calling because I’m in the Grovetown Walmart at the charging station and there’s literally a non-electric car that is taking up a space and said they’re holding the space for somebody else. And it’s holding up a whole bunch of people who need to charge their cars.”

“There are other people who are waiting to charge and they’re still here and they’re not in electric cars,” the woman said. “The sign says you can’t park here unless you’re charging.”

The dispatcher told the 911 caller that a deputy was on the way.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Now tell me, what kind of an idiot couldn't have predicted this???

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/ev-f ... 5B-MD5-%5D

...Insider said that dealerships already had 54 days’ of inventory on hand a couple of months ago, but that EV inventory was more than twice that — almost four months’ worth.

It wasn’t all that long ago, before manufacturers ramped up EV production, that it could be difficult to find one even for a test drive, never mind one available for purchase.

That’s changed. Other dealers told Insider that they, too, were turning additional inventory away until they could sell what was already on their lots or that they planned to soon.

Do you plan to buy an EV?
0% (0 Votes)
100% (80 Votes)
The pool of consumers wealthy enough to afford an EV and risk-tolerant enough to be willing to be an early adopter of EV technology has largely bought what it’s going to buy, Insider reported.

“It’s not just that these vehicles are expensive — which they are,” Sam Fiorani, the vice president of global vehicle forecasting at AutoForecast Solutions, told the outlet. “We’re talking about a much more nuanced lifestyle change.”

Fiorani explained that EV’s offer a significantly different “ownership experience,” because of the typically lower range a vehicle gets from a single charge and unavailability of charging locations relative to gas stations.

“It’s hard for the average customer to make that leap while spending an extra $10,000,” he said.

Demand, therefore, is falling even as automakers are increasing supply.

“The only Toyotas I have that aren’t presold are the electric ones, the bZ4X, and that’s a little bit of a challenge,” Adam Lee, the chairman of the board at Lee Auto Malls in Maine, told Insider....
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!

Post by HARRIS »

MINE CAME WITH A 100 MILE EXTENSION CORD ... WHAT'S THE BEEF ?
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

In answer to the following question, because total electric vehicle use will NEVER be viable.

"Seriously – what are we even doing at this point?! Why not get the technology sorted out first, then you can coax people off of gasoline by offering up viable and attractive driving alternatives."

Then add in the fact that the author has seriously underestimated the life of the batteries.

https://thelibertyminds.com/2023/10/02/ ... t-10-03-23

...The production of EV batteries has long been fraught with inconvenient realities, starting with the methods of strip mining needed to acquire the core minerals for their creation (and the greenhouse output that procedure produces, as well as the shipping of the raw ore.) But now we see that this Kansas facility has another planet-threatening paradox. This factory will require a megawatt power output that would be sufficient to serve a small city. Get a load of this reality-avoiding use of a euphemism:

In testimony to the Kansas City Corporation Commission…a representative of Evergy, the utility serving the factory, said that the 4 million-square-foot Panasonic facility creates “near-term challenges from a resource adequacy perspective.”

TRANSLATION: In order to operate and create the polar bear-snuggling green batteries, this factory needs to be powered by a local energy plant run on coal. And not that it will be tapping local energy from the existing grid – this factory will have its own dedicated coal-fueled energy plant. A previously decommissioned power plant (that was shunted aside in the national push away from coal) will now be reconstituted to run the factory. Sometime in the future, it is slated to transition over to another problematic fuel source, natural gas....

...Then, there is a much-needed look into the benefits of driving an EV for the sake of the planet. The EV batteries weigh in near 1,000 pounds and they require seven times that amount of raw ore in their creation. In order to offset that greenhouse output it is estimated an EV driver needs to operate for 50,000-60,000 miles before realizing a net positive on the environment. But that does not factor in any additional CO2 output in the lifetime of recharging, so add on even more asphalt measurement to see a benefit from these batteries, which have a lifespan of 100,000 miles or more...

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

And then add this issue to the subject...

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 023-03-20/

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Adding more to the PROOF that these sucking things are A FARCE;

‘Overcharged’: Major Study Reveals Alarming True Cost of Owning an EV, ‘Fueling’ Equal to $17.33 Per Gallon
By Jack Davis, The Western Journal Oct. 29, 2023

A new study called “Overcharged Expectations” claims that without federal subsidies, the real cost of fueling an electric vehicle would amount to $17.33 per gallon of gasoline.

The study from the Texas Public Policy Foundation ***1 said electric vehicles do not stand alone in comparison with other vehicles because of the “wide array of direct subsidies, regulatory credits, and subsidized infrastructure that contribute to the economic viability of EVs.”
“Adding the costs of the subsidies to the true cost of fueling an EV would equate to an EV owner paying $17.33 per gallon of gasoline. And these estimates do not include the hundreds of billions more in subsidies in the Inflation Reduction Act,” the report said.

The study claims that a 2021 electric vehicle “would cost $48,698 more to own over a 10-year period without $22 billion in government favors given to EV manufacturers and owners” and said traditional gasoline-powered vehicles are cheaper than an electric vehicle without subsidies.

“It is not an overstatement to say that the federal government is subsidizing EVs to a greater degree than even wind and solar electricity generation and embarking on an unprecedented endeavor to remake the entire American auto industry,” the report said.

According to the study, about $22 billion in various federal and state forms of aid have artificially lowered the price of a 2021 electric vehicle by almost $50,000.

The report further estimates that the cost to other people for the strain on the power grid from charging electric vehicles comes out to $11,833 over 10 years, funded by taxpayers and utility ratepayers

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Shocking

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

navigator wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:59 pm
Shocking
:funnylast: :space: You did it again!

:lmao:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

https://www.theblaze.com/news/trucker-e ... Daily%20AM

...Barber has advocated for a push toward hybrid semi-trucks, as opposed to fully electric, which he said are a bad idea, the Independent Journal Review reported.

"Do you ever see yourself going 100% EV?" an interviewer asked.

By signing up, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use, and agree to receive content that may sometimes include advertisements. You may opt out at any time.
"No," Barber replied.

“I mean, maybe, if battery technology gets better, grid infrastructure gets better,” he continued.

"This truck," Barber said. "A logging truck uses about two and a half megawatts of power per day. With extra capacity in the battery means you need a three-megawatt battery pack. The biggest one is like a Tesla semi, which is like a one-megawatt. So you need three megawatts to run an electric truck,” he went on.

“That would mean you would need to pack 50,000 pounds — 40,000, 50,000 pounds of batteries just to do a full day,” he said.

Not only would the weight of such batteries reportedly cause many issues, but the braking system would need to be immediately and drastically improved in order to increase the stopping power.

Barber then described how electrical infrastructure has not been updated in North America in some time and revealed that the grid is nowhere near the level that would be required to power all the essential vehicles.

"Let’s say we can even get those batteries down to the same weight where it’s reasonable, the grid infrastructure — we haven’t invested in our electrical grid since the 1950s, 1960s, '70s, like you can give me an example, the logging truck in B.C. [British Columbia], that’s a niche industry. there’s 5,000 logging trucks that haul logs,” he explained.

“At two and a half megawatts of consumption per day, that’s twelve and a half gigawatts of power,” he said. “Site C dam has been under construction for the last, oh, I don’t know, 15 years at a cost of $20 billion, and that has a 1.1 gigawatt. So a $20 billion dam that takes 15 years to build has a 1.1 gigawatt capacity, and logging trucks — just logging trucks alone — are using 12 and a half gigawatts. You would have to flood an area of land the size of Wales to produce that hydropower.”...

Yooper
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: VN2000 Kaw

Post by Yooper »

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

If anyone thinks that the cost is high now, wait until they overload the grid with these dangerous vehicles. The costs to ratepayers to upgrade the power grid/supply will be enormous. That doesn't even take in to account the people that will not be able to cool or heat their homes let alone cook on an electric stove due to the cost/avaiability of electricity.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!

Post by HARRIS »

HOW MANY D CELLS IS THAT ....
Luck & Experience:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

HARRIS wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:53 am
HOW MANY D CELLS IS THAT ....
This, Times a gigazillion.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The only "green" I see here is the lined pockets of the politicians who have heavily invested their ill gotten money into what biden and the squad has declared as Green Energy!With little greta thunburg nipping at their heels waiting for the few scraps that they are unable to use as bait.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

https://www.desantisdaily.com/florida-s ... m_content=

Florida sounded the alarm on this huge problem created by electric vehicles

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:00 pm
https://www.desantisdaily.com/florida-s ... m_content=
Yes,...they certainly did,GHerb.

I'd like to post some of the Content of your Article for all to see;

NOV 17, 2023

Joe Biden is trying to force drivers to switch to electric vehicles. There’s a dark side to them that’s emerging. And Florida sounded the alarm on this huge problem created by electric vehicles.

When Hurricane Ian slammed into Florida in 2022 it exposed that electric vehicles (EVs) are ticking time bombs.
EVs exploded without any warning in the most storm-ravaged regions of the state.

In some instances, EVs would go up in flames and burn for hours before they later reignited again.

Firefighters were overwhelmed trying to put out EV fires which require more than 10 times the amount of water to put out compared to their gasoline-powered counterparts. They can spend upwards of six hours fighting an EV fire compared to about an hour for putting one out in a gasoline-powered vehicle.

Saltwater flooding the vehicle’s lithium-ion batteries creates fires that are extraordinarily difficult to put out because of the extreme heat.
Simple actions such as turning the EV’s steering wheel can cause a fire to break out after saltwater flooding.

Florida tow truck driver Tim Baker told ABC News that an EV he towed to his lot caught on fire out of the blue.
“They have the potential to catch fire pretty much any time,” Baker said.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion ... 2023-11-22

...She got her battery, but did not know that while her car was there, technicians turned off the supercharge feature that would let her charge the car in 15 minutes.

Oh, and no one told her.

In fact, she didn’t know she even had a problem until she stopped at a supercharger station and nothing happened.

“That’s when people saw me and came up to me and people were trying to troubleshoot it,” she said. “But nobody had ever seen anything like it.”

The result was, as she put it, “3,000 pounds of metal in a parking spot downstairs.”...

...Erickson’s tale adds to the pile of stories from Tesla owners, including one man locked out of his vehicle, another who found winter and charging a Tesla do not mix, and an owner who found himself trapped in his car.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion ... 2023-11-22

...As the investigation continues, questions linger about the circumstances that led to a Tesla SUV taking flight and crashing into a home, leaving the community both astonished and grateful that no lives were lost in this extraordinary event.