ADD WHAT YOU LIKE THREAD

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: ADD WHAT YOU LIKE THREAD

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Acadiana
You know, that succulent sweet spot of South Louisiana, where you can “pass a good time” pretty much anywhere you happen to be standing?
Lafayette might be the unofficial capital mon cher, but you can find a “Fais Do Do” going on weekly pretty much anywhere. This is true from Morgan City to Marksville, Grosse Tete to the Sabine, and many other places right in between.
Saturday mornings down in Mamou, you can go to Fred’s and practice your two-step you. You can also have a beer for breakfast, and tell stories about old Taunt Sue.
You can “pinch da tails and suck da heads” in Breaux Bridge much of the year, but it can be a competitive endeavor during the world famous Crawfish Festival here.
In Acadiana, you can have your po-boy “dressed” any way you want, and enjoy the “Holy Trinity” in every Étouffée, gumbo, and jambalaya you get to taste from Houma all the way to Crowley.
There is hunting and fishing and shrimping, oh my. You can gather baskets and go crabbing . . . which is so much fun to try.
And yes, there are festivals a-plenty to add to your bucket list, but you can be steeped really deep in Cajun tradition if you drink in the sights, sounds, and smells of a big Cochon de Lait. Be sure to get up to Mansura during their long running party, because nowhere do they know how to hang a hog better than there, and it’s a annual favorite fun family affair.
Acadiana’s motto whether you’re in Thibodaux or Pierre Part, Cocodrie or Carencro is “Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler” . . . and we really mean dat for every one of you . . . and for “your momma and dem” too!!!
For Mardi Gras, you can take your crew to see a royal Krewe in Lake Charles, and join the chorus of people shouting loudly, “trow me sumting mister!” at each passing float.
But if you want to see a real Cajun rooted Mardi Gras, you’ve got to go visit Ville Platte. Because let me tell you mes amis, that’s where Louisiana’s Fat Tuesday is really at.
On any given day in Acadiana, you can paddle your pirogue to Plaisance . . . or carry your derrière to Pecaniere.
You can always find a local restaurant to satisfy an “envie” . . . and then like nowhere else in the world, you can make a quick pass at da shack for a drive through daiquiri.
Acadiana is the land of “parishes” . . . where you’re much more likely to score some “lagniappe” . . . than you are to suffer from a “gris gris” cast by a voodoo queen.
We holler “Geaux Tigers” and “Geaux Cajuns” . . . and we build championship bonfires to guide Papa Noel down da bayou. We light up Cottonport at Christmas every year for all to enjoy the season . . . and its real reason.
Whether you’re in Lafayette, Rayne, Eunice, Scott, Bunkie, Abbeville, or New Iberia . . . you can always pick up cracklins from a locally owned store . . . who’s purveyor probably has status galore.
Acadiana is indeed the best sweet spot that a sweet state could ever be so lucky to have. It has something to satisfy the curiosity cravings of every one of your young and every one of your old . . . also for each of your timid and your bold.
South Louisiana folks red line the meter on joie de virve; not just ‘cause there is so much here to see. That joy of life is ingrained in our core, this you will learn from our legends and lore.
So come on down and “make us a round” mes amis. Come taste the boudin and all other cuisine, because we don’t want you to leave here looking too lean. Stop in anywhere and just say bonjour or good day. You’ll find that we all just laissez les bons temps rouler!

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

One of the 16 inch gun projectiles plus six propellant bags. Display mockup aboard USS Iowa (BB-61). The battleship was equipped with nine 16-inch guns, arranged in three turrets. These guns, the primary weapons of the Iowa, could hurl 2,700-pound armor-piercing shells over distances surpassing 20 miles. 👇 👇
https://navalhistoria.com/uss-iowa-the-big-stick/

“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Presidents Day is cancelled until we find one!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

It’s time to cancel all travel, all purchases, all investments, blah blah to New York City.

Remember what happened with Bud Light, Target, …..

TIME TO BRING MAXIMUM PAIN 🥂

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I’ve shared this – probably multiple times – but it is so accurate…..and a good reminder.

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.”

“The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

If your country can afford to give money away to other countries, then you pay too much in taxes.
Facts.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

FIGS: NOT FRUIT, Did You Know?
A fig is not just an ordinary fruit, in fact, it's not even a fruit.
Strictly speaking, figs are inverted flowers.
Figs don’t bloom in the same way as other fruit trees like almonds or cherries.
Figs have a very curious history.
First of all, they're technically not a fruit, but an infruity (a set of fruits).
And secondly, they need a slaughtered wasp to breed, an insect that dies inside the fig.
In a nutshell, figs are a kind of inverted flowers that bloom inside this large, dark, red-hued bud we know as figs.
Each flower produces a single nut and a single seed called an "aquarium".
The fig is made up of several branches, which give it this characteristic crunchy texture.
Therefore, when we eat one fig, we are eating hundreds of fruits.
But the most amazing thing, it’s the special pollination process that fig flowers need to reproduce.
They can’t depend on whether, the wind or the bees bring pollen as other fruits, so they need a species known as the fig wasps.
These insects transport their genetic material and allow it to reproduce.
For their part, wasps couldn’t live without figs, as they deposit their larvae inside the fruit.
This relationship is known as symbiosis or mutualism.
Currently, the vast majority of producers of this fruit no longer need the work of wasps.
Most fig varieties for human consumption are part non-genetic.
This means they always bear fruit in the absence of a pollinator.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Because they cannot change the way we think, they are trying to change the way our children think.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:15 am
I thought that was what was on the dress...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

How to solve the student debt problem:
Forgive it in exchange for 4-years of military service.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Rabbits
Leading drug companies have announced that live rabbits will no longer be used in scientific experiments.
Muslims will now be used instead.
A top scientist has stated that the advantage of using Muslims is they breed faster than rabbits, and you don't get fond of them...

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

People from Chicago have proved to be the most likely to have had sex in the shower!
In a recent survey 86% of Chicago's inner city residents say that they have enjoyed sex in the shower.
The other 14% said they hadn't been to prison yet..

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

In 1960, David Latimer planted a tiny garden inside of a large glass bottle and sealed it shut. He opened the bottle 12 years later in 1972 to add some water and then sealed it for good. The self contained ecosystem has flourished for nearly 60 years.
For those who are wondering how this is even possible: the garden is a perfectly balanced and self-sufficient ecosystem. The bacteria in the compost eats the dead plants and breaks down the oxygen that is released by the plants, turning it into carbon dioxide, which is needed for photosynthesis. The bottle is essentially a microcosm of earth.
-ctto-❤️❤️❤️ Amazing