Be careful shopping Amazon

Keep it civil
DMIntruder
Riding on Learners Permit

Be careful shopping Amazon

Post by DMIntruder »

I went to buy a new battery today and my credit card was declined. WTF? I just paid $200 on it and it only has a $500 limit. I use this card for paying my cell phone bill and online purchases only because it has a low limit. Well I made a purchase via Amazon on the 14th of the month and I found out today that numerous other charges began being made on on card that same day which quickly maxed it out. All made in the New York area. Train tickets, ITunes, a food place. I called Citi Cards and got it straightened out. New card coming and I would be liable for the charges, but still. Now I am very leary of buying anything from Amazon because I am convinced that is how this happened since I don't use the card for anything else. I have not made any other purchases around the time this began either.

Just beware and watch your statements is the moral to this story.

DMIntruder

Re: Be careful shopping Amazon

Post by DMIntruder »

Malwarebytes scan was clean.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Maybe that Target thing that happened a while back is catching up to us. Hard to say, unless you never used your card at Target.

Just a thought.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

DMIntruder

Post by DMIntruder »

YoDude9999 wrote:Maybe that Target thing that happened a while back is catching up to us. Hard to say, unless you never used your card at Target.

Just a thought.

Yo-
Yeah, not sure how it happened but my Amazon purchase and when these charges began happening were the same day. I bought some small item for an RC Engine from a place called Prima Products via Amazon. No I don't even darken the door at Target let alone buy anything there.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Did you recently use it at Home Depot? I just received a new card, as they had the same thing befall them as Target. Cyber hackers, the best new full time job. :thumbup:

DMIntruder

Post by DMIntruder »

Nope, no Home Depot either.