Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: DIFFERENT VIEWS ON ELECTRIC CARS

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:53 pm
Herb wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:36 pm
As a daily driver, I am not paying over $40,000 for a car I can even take out of town. Seems outright STUPID to even think that makes any sense.
Right now if you want an electric car to travel across the country it's not practical. But that will change in the next 15 years when ICE engines are phased out by most manufacturers. My guess is most people here won't be driving in 15 years so it's kinda moot.
:funnylast: More Predictions based on 'The New Technology Jones' they have today.

The Myopia induced by such a "Jones" they have Fails in Thinking,.. about what can happen between their "now predictions" and what actually happens in time to the futured prediction....as in:

" The SST is the Future of Air Travel"!

" The Segway will revolutionize human movement"!

"We will all be driving Flying Cars!"

There's more examples, but,... The Intelligent,... will get The Picture. :wink:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Well, I’ll add my 2 cents and common sense, ya don’t mind. The internal combustion engine is here to stay as long as fuel is so plentiful which could very well be for a very long time. The cost of producing energy to charge mass EV use by itself makes the EV prohibitive… I don’t care how small you makes those batteries, ya still gotta charge it.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:37 pm
hillsy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:53 pm
Herb wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:36 pm
As a daily driver, I am not paying over $40,000 for a car I can even take out of town. Seems outright STUPID to even think that makes any sense.
Right now if you want an electric car to travel across the country it's not practical. But that will change in the next 15 years when ICE engines are phased out by most manufacturers. My guess is most people here won't be driving in 15 years so it's kinda moot.
:funnylast: More Predictions based on 'The New Technology Jones' they have today.

The Myopia induced by such a "Jones" they have Fails in Thinking,.. about what can happen between their "now predictions" and what actually happens in time to the futured prediction....as in:

There's more examples, but,... The Intelligent,... will get The Picture. :wink:
Dude - this isn't pie in the sky stuff - it's happening and the major car manufacturers have ALREADY committed to phasing out ICE engines.

I bet you had shares in Kodak.... :lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:45 pm
Dude - this isn't pie in the sky stuff - it's happening and the major car manufacturers have ALREADY committed to phasing out ICE engines.
DUDE!
Not surprising that you continue to Fail in recognizing The Point Made.

Here, let me bring it Down To the "Grade School Level" you require.

The Verbal Commitments you So Cling To that are made today are subject to,..here it comes!,....what happens from now until then.

Your gullibility is widely know,...(as shown by your sucking up that "Worlds Lungs" laughingly farcical "notion" you championed). :lmao:

Now,..listen up,..class is 'In session'

hillsy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:45 pm
I bet you had shares in Kodak.... :lmao:
Looks like you are trying to get this Thread locked, like you did on the 135,000 Votes Thread.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:56 pm
Looks like you are trying to get this Thread locked, like you did on the 135,000 Votes Thread.
Haha - once again you attempt to fly the flag of innocence... :lmao:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Back on topic perhaps?

Why electric cars will take over sooner than you think

We are in the middle of the biggest revolution in motoring since Henry Ford's first production line started turning back in 1913.

And it is likely to happen much more quickly than you imagine.

Many industry observers believe we have already passed the tipping point where sales of electric vehicles (EVs) will very rapidly overwhelm petrol and diesel cars.

It is certainly what the world's big car makers think.

Jaguar plans to sell only electric cars from 2025, Volvo from 2030 and last week the British sportscar company Lotus said it would follow suit, selling only electric models from 2028.

And it isn't just premium brands.

General Motors says it will make only electric vehicles by 2035, Ford says all vehicles sold in Europe will be electric by 2030 and VW says 70% of its sales will be electric by 2030.

This isn't a fad, this isn't greenwashing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57253947

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:02 pm
Designer wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:56 pm
Haha - once again you attempt to fly the flag of innocence...
Nope, just pointing out The Truth. You were the last one posting and then, it was blocked.

You could have chosen to not have continued your Off Topic crap,...but you chose to.

Falls on you. :Cool:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:08 pm
Back on topic perhaps?

Why electric cars will take over sooner than you think

We are in the middle of the biggest revolution in motoring since Henry Ford's first production line started turning back in 1913.
And it is likely to happen much more quickly than you imagine.
Many industry observers believe we have already passed the tipping point where sales of electric vehicles (EVs) will very rapidly overwhelm petrol and diesel cars.
It is certainly what the world's big car makers think.
Jaguar plans to sell only electric cars from 2025, Volvo from 2030 and last week the British sportscar company Lotus said it would follow suit, selling only electric models from 2028.
And it isn't just premium brands.
General Motors says it will make only electric vehicles by 2035, Ford says all vehicles sold in Europe will be electric by 2030 and VW says 70% of its sales will be electric by 2030.
This isn't a fad, this isn't greenwashing.
:funnylast: More left-wing biased, "Save The World from Man-made climate change" based bullshit predictions.

But!,...we see that you continue to,..."Swallow".

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:39 pm

:funnylast: More left-wing biased, "Save The World from Man-made climate change" based bullshit predictions.
Dude - it's fucking HAPPENING - EV's aren't going away.....

How can you be so blind?

:lmao:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

hillsy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:45 pm
Designer wrote:

Dude - it's fucking HAPPENING - EV's aren't going away.....

How can you be so blind?

First, went for a ride. Never once saw even one EV. Guess I am “so blind”.

Second, the cancel culture has infected this board. Designer disagrees, reaction is to get rid of him. Pathetic.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Oh yeah - Designer is the victim....

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Golly, I started the 135,000 ballots thread, and couldn't get a word in edgewise. :sad:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:45 pm
Designer wrote:
Dude - it's fucking HAPPENING - EV's aren't going away.....How can you be so blind?
Blind Dude! Just how Blindly Ignorant can you be?

I never said they were "going away". Show us all where I said that.

Electric Vehicles will of course be Part of the future,... never said they wouldn't . :dunno:

To Help-The-Handicapped out again,...referring to my examples of Transportation Predictions,...just as the Segway is Part of the present (didn't live up to it's overzealous prediction at all), .....and the SST was Part of Air Travel (didn't live up to it's overzealous prediction at all).

So too,...will EV's will be Part of the future, (but will not live up to the overzealous prediction's...... at all).

I hope this little chat will set you straight.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Haha - more wiggle.... :lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:26 pm
Imagine battery packs that are about the size of a loaf of bread ...
Oh LOOK! :blink:

Electric Car Batteries are....... ON SALE!! :clap:

Adds a New Dimension to the phrase,......"White Power"......Eh Mate? :wink:

AND,...Electrical Vehicle Batteries are also available in,.......WHEAT! :ShitGrin:

Must be for all those Millions and MIILIONS of EV's that Midwest Farmer's Drive around in...........Eh Mate? :wink:

This is now,...INTERNATIONAL !!!! You can get a French Version of this,......... "Loaf-Of-Bread-Car-Battery! :ShitGrinandThumb:

However,.....it makes your In-car GPS and Radio speak only,.........French. :wink:

Overkill777
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 94 Suzuki Intruder 800

Post by Overkill777 »

For the naysayers, all I'm saying is the performance is there. Electric cars can have very impressive performance today.

The cost is high and there are limitations but the technology will catch up.

I don't suggest you should buy one due to the cost and the limitations and there certainly is no environmental reason to buy one. But as the technology improves cost will decrease and the limitations will be eliminated and it will make more and more sense to buy one.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:31 pm
hillsy wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:26 pm
Imagine battery packs that are about the size of a loaf of bread ...
Oh LOOK! :blink:

Electric Car Batteries are....... ON SALE!! :clap:

Adds a New Dimension to the phrase,......"White Power"......Eh Mate? :wink:

AND,...Electrical Vehicle Batteries are also available in,.......WHEAT! :ShitGrin:

Must be for all those Millions and MIILIONS of EV's that Midwest Farmer's Drive, around in...........Eh Mate? :wink:

This is now,...INTERNATIONAL !!!! You can get a French Version of this,......... "Loaf-Of-Bread-Car-Battery! :ShitGrinandThumb:

However,.....it makes your In-car GPS and Radio speak only,.........French. :wink:

Haha - trolling much? :Cool:

Must be tough being so victimised..... :lmao:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Overkill777 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:54 pm
For the naysayers, all I'm saying is the performance is there. Electric cars can have very impressive performance today.

The cost is high and there are limitations but the technology will catch up.

I don't suggest you should buy one due to the cost and the limitations and there certainly is no environmental reason to buy one. But as the technology improves cost will decrease and the limitations will be eliminated and it will make more and more sense to buy one.
Top fuel dragsters have very impressive performance but they aren't worth a damn for everyday drivers. Neither is a $146,000 electric car with lousy range and long recharge time.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

There's a bunch of cars with over 400KM range on them now - Tesla S is nearly 550KM.

It wasn't that long ago when that was just the stuff of unicorns.....

https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-advice/ ... est-ranges

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

Not to get off topic

Some little known History about the Electric car

Electric Cars have been around since the 1800’sThe first Hybrid was developed by Porsche in the 1900’s that's over 100 years ago Thomas Edison even attempted to jump on the bandwagon by improving the battery that stores the energy for these cars. During this time, with the exception of its limited range, the electric car was very popular
In 1910 ford introduced the electric starter to the model T and deals a blow to the electric car and by 1920 the interest in electric cars declines. In 1935 electric cars all but disappear.
Cheap and plentiful gasoline makes an alternative fuel vehicle obsolete when fuel station’s popping up almost everywhere.

In the 60s and 70s when gas prices soared the interest in electric cars was again visited.

In 1971 the lunar rover landed and was driven on the moon using batteries and solar power replenish the batteries that would propel the astronauts on the moons surface and sparked a new interest in the electric vehicle
In 1973 “The Next Generation of Electric Cars” was introduced with a 50-mile range. With 2 seat’s and for the next 5 years 2 company’s produced some of the ugliest vehicles to hit the roads that where little more then electric golf carts and in 1979 interest once again fades

Then in 1996 GM produces the “EV1”and in 1997 Toyota mass produces the Prius Hybrid
And then In 2006 Tesla introduces an electric luxury sports car with a 200mile advertised range before a recharge by adding more battery to its under carriage.

In over 200 years that the electric vehicle has been around it has had the same problem with dependability based on and around the battery and the solution has been to add more battery
With the exception of the Prius all of these vehicles are dependent on dock power to recharge the batteries. Maybe that’s OK for pizza delivery but if stuck in traffic on a cold rainy day where the lights and heater will drain the battery quicker not really very dependable or reliable

Over 85% of our power comes from diesel generators and Nuclear. This is the same power that lights our homes, runs our microwaves and coffee pots. Making these electric vehicles Not So Green as advertised. Not to mention the batteries are not a renewable power source and will have to be disposed of.

Then there is this
https://www.theblaze.com/news/driverles ... ing%20News