Any great leaders?

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Any great leaders?

Post by Tbeck »

The part many of you seem to overlook in the Byrd shooting of Ashli is that you were not there....not in that moment... and not in Byrd's head. You can not know what he was thinking and feeling that caused him to pull the trigger.
It's very easy to sit behind your keyboard safe and sound and criticize, but it's a different matter when you find yourself facing an unknown threat.

Designer I would expect someone such as yourself to criticize that of which you have no experience. I'm sure if this was the 1960's you'd be out there protesting our soldiers and calling them baby killer's.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:37 am
The part many of you seem to overlook in the Byrd shooting of Ashli is that you were not there....not in that moment... and not in Byrd's head. You can not know what he was thinking and feeling that caused him to pull the trigger.
It's very easy to sit behind your keyboard safe and sound and criticize, but it's a different matter when you find yourself facing an unknown threat.

Designer
None of us were there. AND NEITHER WERE YOU! And yet you somehow justify Ashli’s death. You are an illogical egotist.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Actually my position is very logical RK. I was NOT there and therefore I cannot second guess Byrd's actions. I can ONLY surmise that he perceived a threat and responded in accordance with the department policies because that was the official findings.

So yes that does justify her death. You can armchair quarterback as much as you'd like, but I won't.

sgtcall
BIKE REPOED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

DevilsFan wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:44 am
There's still 1400 hours of video that's going to be released that the democrats...and ONLY THE DEMOCRATS...refused to allow the public to view.

We've already seen some tiny clips of Capitol Police actually REMOVING barriers to ALLOW protestors to enter, OPENING SECURE DOORS so protestors can get in and ACTUALLY DIRECTING PROTESTORS on where to go to enter the Capitol.

I can only imagine what lies withing the other 1400 hours of footage.

***Also...how can we have the ability to read a Coca-Cola can from outer space...but we STILL haven't found who the Capitol bomber was. :dunno:
You missed a zero. There are sill about 14,000 hours of video left that Pelosi hid from us.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

sgtcall
BIKE REPOED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:37 am

Designer I would expect someone such as yourself to criticize that of which you have no experience. I'm sure if this was the 1960's you'd be out there protesting our soldiers and calling them baby killer's.
I have made some questionable choices in my life and had arm chair quarterbacks who were not there judging them afterward so I understand the point (look up the Samarra Bank Mission in Iraq November 2003, that investigation kept us on the FOB for 2 weeks) .

However. You still need to look at what Byrd did, how he did it, and what he did after. Looking at his shot it was not a very well aimed, there were police on the other side of the glass door in the line of fire, and after the shot he did not continue to defend the position, he ran. He let his own fear dictate his actions and I believe he ran after the shot because he knew he fucked up. If he knew he was completely justified he would have continued to defend the position. If it wouldn't have been for cell phone footage we would have never found out who fired the shot and we all know Pelosi would have done her best to keep the official footage suppressed.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt, yes lot's of thing's that would not have been given a second thought are now scrutinized by the masses.
I do have some thoughts on how the Byrd shooting transpired, but I choose to not go down the rabbit hole.
Could this historical shooting have been avoided? Absolutely.
I often say that every action has an equal and opposite reaction which is generally bad. It's therefore essential that we consider the possible outcomes before acting.
The biggest problem we have as a nation is that we allow emotion's to dictate our decisions instead of logic. The Byrd shooting is just one example of two people making an emotional decision that both paid for. Did Byrd screw up? Maybe he did, but who created the situation? That's why I won't second guess what happened.
I see this one like the Michael Brown shooting. Don't start something and then complain that the one starting it is a victim.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:13 am
Actually my position is very logical RK. I was NOT there and therefore I cannot second guess Byrd's actions. I can ONLY surmise that he perceived a threat and responded in accordance with the department policies because that was the official findings.

So yes that does justify her death. You can armchair quarterback as much as you'd like, but I won't.
You can only surmise. That’s right. You can only surmise. You weren’t there, even if you were you cannot assume to know the man’s mind one way or the other. And yet you.do. Says a lot about you that you that you justify the girls death.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

RK, just doing as everyone else is doing. The difference is I am not second guessing.
It does say a lot about me, but I didn't justify Ashli's death, I said I would not second guess the officer's action's. That said it was Ashli's CHOICE and DECISION to break the law and break into the capital building. Personal responsibility and accountability is a bedrock of my value system. It's obviously not one of yours.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

It appears that McCarthy grew a backbone. I wonder if knowing that there were people that really want change would back him up made the difference.

https://republicanjournal.org/matt-gaet ... dium=email
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:07 pm
It does say a lot about me, but I didn't justify Ashli's death, I said I would not second guess the officer's action's. ........
We are now treated to even more of Teach/TBeck trying to talk away from his DEFACTO justifying Byrds shooting of Ashli Babbit. So stated right here;
Tbeck wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:05 am
Criticizing Byrd for doing his job ....makes you just another BLM activist.
He did not say anything about second guessing Byrds actions in his quoted words above. :space: He was SUPPORTING Byrds shooting by chiding they who PROPERLY criticized his shooting.

As has been CLEARLY demonstrated,...his shooting through the door at people without FIRM evidence that required Deadly Force is NOT an LEO "doing his job". :space: It is an LEO FAILING to use Sound Judgment and Sensible Actions.

That Teach/Tbeck says Byrd was .."doing his job"....is a tacit justification for his killing her. :space: And all Reasonable Adults here see that.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Designer we all know you have reading problem's, along with credibility issues . Maybe you should stick to picture books.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, I am going to be completely fair in my response to your last post, because it's clear that you haven't a clue. So I am going to lay it out for you.
1. Each individual is responsible for themselves and to themselves.
2. I am not my brothers keeper, refer to #1
3. Fruit of the poisonous vine. You don't get to benefit from breaking the law.
4. LE acts on behalf of society to maintain the peace, they aren't paid to be your friend but rather do a job.
5. I don't get to criticize the tactics/methods when they do the job they were hired to do
6. My philosophy on all this stuff discussed is extremely well developed and isn't subject to what you or anyone else might think. I am not reliant on yours or anyone else's approval.

I feel quite sad that I routinely read post's here that clearly demonstrate that MANY people do not hold strong personal convictions and that their views shift with the prevailing trend's .
So if you believe for a second that your attempt's towards me do anything more than make me feel sorry for you, than you are mistaken. I'm sorry that you are forced to slither through life without any spine to stand with.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

He "was" a great leader...and I think he's got the dems with their backs against the wall. Smooth move, Trump! :ShitGrinandThumb:

BREAKING: Trump Announces Massive Ballot Harvesting Plan

https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/breaki ... um=twitter
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Since Teach/Tbeck keeps deflecting (as we see in his last posting an EVASION of what I said about Byrds actions being an LEO Failure) .....let's examine this claim of his that Byrd was just..... "doing his job".

Byrd's choosing to INDESCRIMINALLY SHOOT into a group of people YOU CANNOT SEE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF A DOOR,.... IS NOT what an LEO using sound judgement does. :space: :space: Byrd had NO ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE of who all was on the other side......had NO CONFIRMATION that they posed a life-threatening issue,.......and surely not enough knowledge to justify his using DEADLY FORCE on them.

For example,....What if Byrd shot DEAD a reporter/observer instead of a protester?
According to Timmy,...he was just doing his job :space: :dunno: ;
Tbeck wrote:

Another example,...what if Byrd shot DEAD a fellow plain-clothed LEO?
According to Timmy,...he was just doing his job :space: :dunno: ;
Tbeck wrote:

All In A Days Work! :space: :roll:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Tbeck wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm
4. LE acts on behalf of society to maintain the peace, they aren't paid to be your friend but rather do a job.
5. I don't get to criticize the tactics/methods when they do the job they were hired to do
6. My philosophy on all this stuff discussed is extremely well developed and isn't subject to what you or anyone else might think. I am not reliant on yours or anyone else's approval.

Nicely stated Tim. Clearly, the intended audience is simply unable to appreciate your point. (Yes, that's a polite way of calling someone an imbecile.) :ShitGrin: Keep well . :cheers:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Cuban wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:14 am
Tbeck wrote:

Nicely stated Tim. Clearly, the intended audience is simply unable to appreciate your point. (Yes, that's a polite way of calling someone an imbecile.) :ShitGrin: Keep well . :cheers:
So you don't think that we should file charges for somone that commits a crime? No one should sit on a jury? No one should be punished for commiting a crime?

Right now there is enough evidence that what he did was criminal that a grand jury should indict. But if no one is willing to file charges no one will get their day in court.

I know that it is against the law, everywhere I have ever heard of, to blindly shoot through a wall or door.

Sorry dudes, but the idea of someone getting away with a CRIME (which is what that was) isn't a good one.

Bet if she was one of your families you would be all kinds of upset.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Cuban wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:14 am
Tbeck wrote:
And this shows that you are easily misguided by Teach/Tbeck's Passive Aggressive typing manner,.....as he tries posting Deflection over to ANYTHING else but what IS THE POINT.

Because you don't see this,...but others clearly do,......I will help you out. :space: :bow:

THE POINT STILL IS....the Recklessly Ignorant Actions of Byrd .....and his HORRIFIC Choice of BLINDLY Shooting through a closed door,... WITHOUT ANY solid knowledge that such DEADLY FORCE was necessary,.......NOR who he was Shooting at.

And I once thought you a person Good Evaluative Skills and of Sound Logical Reasoning. :space: :space: My Bad. :space: :dunno:

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

Herb wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:33 am
So you don't think that we should file charges for somone that commits a crime? No one should sit on a jury? No one should be punished for commiting a crime?

Right now there is enough evidence that what he did was criminal that a grand jury should indict. But if no one is willing to file charges no one will get their day in court.

I know that it is against the law, everywhere I have ever heard of, to blindly shoot through a wall or door.

Sorry dudes, but the idea of someone getting away with a CRIME (which is what that was) isn't a good one.

Bet if she was one of your families you would be all kinds of upset.
:smile: Hi Herb. How you been? Hope everything's well with you and the fam. As to your points, I made no comment on the thread's subject matter. I offer no comment on that issue here, and haven't even read the thread, although I do know it's about the J6 shooting. My post was to compliment Tim on his patience, give him a knowing nod of approval, and a friendly handshake. Have a good day man. :cheers:

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

Designer wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:47 am
And this shows that you are easily misguided by Teach/Tbeck's Passive Aggressive typing manner,.....as he tries posting Deflection over to ANYTHING else but what IS THE POINT.

Because you don't see this,...but others clearly do,......I will help you out. :space: :bow:

THE POINT STILL IS....the Recklessly Ignorant Actions of Byrd .....and his HORRIFIC Choice of BLINDLY Shooting through a closed door,... WITHOUT ANY solid knowledge that such DEADLY FORCE was necessary,.......NOR who he was Shooting at.

And I once thought you a person Good Evaluative Skills and of Sound Logical Reasoning. :space: :space: My Bad. :space: :dunno:

I invite you to 'do a Tbeck' and go back and read what I posted again, this time slowly. If you try really hard you may see the light. Or not. :rag:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Cuban wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:54 am
I invite you to 'do a Tbeck' and go back and read what I posted again, this time slowly. If you try really hard you may see the light. Or not.
I have and did. :space: And still,....you still do not understand.

All that you herald in Timmy's message that you quoted is just as I said it was.....Deflection and Passive Aggressive Personal Attack.......All of it meant to to EVADE Facing what really IS THE POINT. :space: Herb does,...DevilsFan does,....Navigator does,....RoadKing does....SgtCall does....why not join in with they who are Astute?

To that end,...I invite you to Read Up on what THE POINT in discussion is. :space: :bow: