Any great leaders?

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Any great leaders?

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt, the problem with the flat tax that was proposed was that it was a flat 30% on everything so it was getting a considerable amount of push back. We'll see if they roll something out that's more agreeable.

Who cares about committee's to investigate the Biden family? Anyone? Joe's not going to go to jail and neither is his son, so why waste time on endless investigation that won't make anyone pay for the crime's? For Christ sake I have been listening to the this person and that is going to jail bullshit for 8 years, and none of those folk's go to jail. Even though we've had endless investigation on them, it isn't going to happen.
If they were serious Joe would already be facing charges of impeachment for the border, for his student loan forgiveness, and a host of other easy to prove impeachable offenses.

My advice is forget about what party some congressman is registered as and start looking at what legislation they actually propose and/or support. All the rest is a game.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Tbeck wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:54 pm
Sgt, the problem with the flat tax that was proposed was that it was a flat 30% on everything so it was getting a considerable amount of push back. We'll see if they roll something out that's more agreeable.
That's one of the problems with it - the sheer amount needed to recoup the revenue from income tax.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

English philosopher John Stuart Mill once wrote, “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

The Speaker votes had two accomplishments. First, rules changes ultimately benefitted the people by empowering their Representatives. Second, the debates on the floor exposed the Republican House in s big way to the public, a way that was not possible with Nancy at the hammer and the lefty media ignoring the then R minority.

What began this morning will not only bring exposure to R leadership, exposure of the Biden crime family as well will be brought before many people for the first time. Just take a look at the R led committees lined up to expose what has heretofore been covered up. Who cares? As the hearings proceed, more and more people are going to care. This is just day one.

As for how the votes for legislation will go? A no brainer. The Dims will still be lefties, the R’s will be America First. In The House. The ugly turtle in the Senate is questionable. The Administration is sick, evil.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I have to admit that he has really shown the backbone that I didn't think he had...

https://republicanwatch.com/speaker-mcc ... n-deniers/

Talk about two sets of standards. As long as the media treats Democrats with kid gloves, there will never be a fair assessment of the parties. Democrats are used to this type of treatment— but Republicans don’t have to accept theirs.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Another point in McCarthy's favor. The committee assignments are starting to pay dividends, even without legislation. Having committees that are willing to uphold the law and hold people responsible is a major point in legislative excellence.

BTW, for those that think it takes legislation to make a difference, just upholding the law and holding people responsible is a major change in the way things have worked in the past.

We don't need more laws, we need to enforce those we have and punish those that don't.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/gop- ... 5B-MD5-%5D
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:57 pm
Another point in McCarthy's favor. The committee assignments are starting to pay dividends, even without legislation. Having committees that are willing to uphold the law and hold people responsible is a major point in legislative excellence.

BTW, for those that think it takes legislation to make a difference, just upholding the law and holding people responsible is a major change in the way things have worked in the past.

We don't need more laws, we need to enforce those we have and punish those that don't.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/gop- ... 5B-MD5-%5D
Absolute. Lock them bastids up!
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Yesterday’s House border hearing a great start.

Rising leader… Wesley Hunt, House Judiciary Committee.
Signifying nothing”

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Today Chairman Jordan subpoenaed Director Wray. Make that bastard testify under oath.
Signifying nothing”

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Damn him!!!

Just when I was starting to thing he was doing things right, he has to do something this stupid.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... 2023-02-03

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:17 pm
Damn him!!!

Just when I was starting to thing he was doing things right, he has to do something this stupid.

This does not set well with me at all.
Signifying nothing”

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Herb wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:17 pm
Damn him!!!

Was bound to happen...McCarthy is just a wolve in sheep's clothing, OTHER WISE known as RINO
I've lost all faith in his leadership..
And as far as to what I'm witnessing now is just endless debates and calling lying no good [political appointees to the stand and testifing under oath is not what conservatives want.. they want charges and convictions, all this blabber mealy mouth sessions before the House is just the duplicate of what we have been seeing the last two years and what has that got us..NOTHING :fubird: :fubird: :fubird:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Give it a rest :blink: . It's real easy to sit in front of your keyboard making decisions in hindsight of the event.
McCarthy answered correctly and appropriately.
I read a bunch of crap posted here and it is CLEAR that the people posting don't THINK through the situation very well. Mainly because they are the RINO'S of which SJ was posting about. So you either support the cops for doing their job, or you play the chicken pecking game of Monday morning quarterbacks because you didn't like who they enforced the law on. Due to politics of course. Criticizing Byrd for doing his job makes you just another BLM activist.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

What is posted just above is classic Teach/Tbeck ,...Trolling/Baiting by posting inflammatory opinion trying to start needless argument.

These Phony positions he states are EASY to take apart and repudiate,....but, for the sake of discussion,....best left alone,..... as all he really wants do to is Bicker,..... so as to make others wrong,...all so he can strut around thinking he's "right".

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:05 am
Give it a rest :blink: . It's real easy to sit in front of your keyboard making decisions in hindsight of the event.
McCarthy answered correctly and appropriately.
I read a bunch of crap posted here and it is CLEAR that the people posting don't THINK through the situation very well. Mainly because they are the RINO'S of which SJ was posting about. So you either support the cops for doing their job, or you play the chicken pecking game of Monday morning quarterbacks because you didn't like who they enforced the law on. Due to politics of course. Criticizing Byrd for doing his job makes you just another BLM activist.
I'm going to disagree with you on this one, T. We all saw the video. Ashly was climbing up a wall/window. There were others trying to pry the doors open. She NEVER BREACHED the doorway but was shot and killed.
I just don't see the "immediate threat" if you're on the other side of a barracaded wall. Tell me what I'm missing.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:uhh: :space: Here we go! :roll:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

DF, and you are free to disagree with me, just like you are allowed to see Byrd's actions differently. However you also don't get to say other people are sellouts because they arrived at a different conclusion. I happen to believe that McCarthy is correct, Byrd did his job, and if more had been shot, I would still agree. I'm definitely not second guessing a cop's reaction to what he perceived was happening.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:33 am
DF, and you are free to disagree with me, just like you are allowed to see Byrd's actions differently. However you also don't get to say other people are sellouts because they arrived at a different conclusion. I happen to believe that McCarthy is correct, Byrd did his job, and if more had been shot, I would still agree. I'm definitely not second guessing a cop's reaction to what he perceived was happening.
DF, you are free to disagree with me (magnanimous of you, Prison Baby) BUT YOU DONT GET TO SAY THIS AND YOU DONT GET TO SAY THAT BECAUSE I SAID SO. :lolfall: What a joke.
Signifying nothing”

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:33 am
Under what circumstances is it LEGAL and JUSTIFIABLE to shoot an unarmed civilian when there's a wall between the both of you...and you, as a cop, have EVERY METHOD OF RETREAT?

Judge: "Officer, so the perpetrator was trying to climb a wall...so you shot them dead?"

Officer: "Yep."

Judge: "Sounds good to me!"

Joe Biden: "Come on, man!"

***So, according to what you're saying, the other officers had EVERY RIGHT and were TOTALLY JUSTIFIED to shoot every member in the crowd?!?! Afterall, most were unarmed but breaching walls and doorways. Really?
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

DF, yes they were. Perceived threat and escalation of force. Nowhere is it written that a perp breaking the law must be armed for an officer to use deadly force. Those officer's are tasked with protection of the Congress, period, and that is what Byrd was doing.

RK, was I speaking to you? No I didn't think so, so shut the F up. You've shot your mouth off enough towards me, and without cause. So don't mind me if I START slamming you in return. I have been very polite to you, even when you didn't reciprocate that courtesy but I am done. So if I'm not talking to you mind your own frickin business.