Another dam quiz this one on guns

Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Another dam quiz this one on guns

Post by Herb »

name the guns pictured. I got 46 out of 50.

https://www.zoo.com/quiz/firearms-that- ... wC4VdB9ZEA
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Re: Another dam quiz this one on guns

Post by VRH »

50 out o 50. That was easy. And I did not use hint either. [emoji2]

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

36 out 0f 50, better than 50% at least. The ones I missed were mostly the rifles.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

WHERE'S MY CUPPIE DOLL ...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

48 out of 50.

Frankintruder
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Frankintruder

Post by Frankintruder »

Damn guns.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Only 40 of 50 with out hints.Both my brothers are gun nuts and one a dealer a while.They don't know swat about motorcycles! Only own six fire arms and around here that's seen as not enough by a long shot.

VRH
Got My M1 License!

Post by VRH »

I do not know how many I have. Seriously, I don't count them. :HatTip:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

You guys must all be cops and/or bad guys to do so well. Me, I got none right. ;IDunno:
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Sandmanrrr
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Victory XCT VS 1400

Post by Sandmanrrr »

42 out of 50. Mostly the Brownings :rock:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

A simple thought about these guns.....Not ONE or even ANY of them EVER killed a single person or a theater full of people. It was the person holding it, that did the dirty work! Don't blame gun violence on guns, it wasn't the gun's fault!

Yo-

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

YoDude wrote:A simple thought about these guns.....Not ONE or even ANY of them EVER killed a single person or a theater full of people. It was the person holding it, that did the dirty work! Don't blame gun violence on guns, it wasn't the gun's fault!

Yo-
Not being and pain in the ass, but we need to change the rhetoric of the gun debate. If we can do this, it will go a long way in resolving the issue.

The correct terminology is "violence with a gun", "gun violence" has a connotation of the gun causing the violence. Whereas "violence with a gun" says the individual is the one committing the violence and has CHOSEN the gun as his tool.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

Wow! I got 48 out of the 50! :clap:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Herb wrote:
YoDude wrote:A simple thought about these guns.....Not ONE or even ANY of them EVER killed a single person or a theater full of people. It was the person holding it, that did the dirty work! Don't blame gun violence on guns, it wasn't the gun's fault!

Yo-
Not being and pain in the ass, but we need to change the rhetoric of the gun debate. If we can do this, it will go a long way in resolving the issue.

The correct terminology is "violence with a gun", "gun violence" has a connotation of the gun causing the violence. Whereas "violence with a gun" says the individual is the one committing the violence and has CHOSEN the gun as his tool.
"violence with a gun" says the individual is the one committing the violence"

Quite true!

Yo-

VRH
Got My M1 License!

Post by VRH »

RoadKing wrote:You guys must all be cops and/or bad guys to do so well. Me, I got none right. ;IDunno:
Naa.... buy - check it out, shoot it, get bored - sell or trade ..... sometimes keep.

My general rule is I never sell a gun that is particularly accurate for its kind and fits like it was made for me with the features I really like. Everything else is "currency" toward the next gun. :rock:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

VRH wrote:
RoadKing wrote:You guys must all be cops and/or bad guys to do so well. Me, I got none right. ;IDunno:
Naa.... buy - check it out, shoot it, get bored - sell or trade ..... sometimes keep.

My general rule is I never sell a gun that is particularly accurate for its kind and fits like it was made for me with the features I really like. Everything else is "currency" toward the next gun. :rock:
Full disclosure, I'm a rifleman, have been for over 50 years, military influenced. Never have been comfortable with a hand gun and I'm therefore fairly ignorant. My next purchase is a Ruger 10/22 Carbine. It's just that I never got the idea of going into combat with a hand gun as primary piece and so it's kinda hard for me think of one as my weapon of choice. As a contingency sidearm my weapon of choice is a Ruger LCR, also 22LR.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

VRH
Got My M1 License!

Post by VRH »

RoadKing wrote:
VRH wrote:

Full disclosure, I'm a rifleman, have been for over 50 years, military influenced. Never have been comfortable with a hand gun and I'm therefore fairly ignorant. My next purchase is a Ruger 10/22 Carbine. It's just that I never got the idea of going into combat with a hand gun as primary piece and so it's kinda hard for me think of one as my weapon of choice. As a contingency sidearm my weapon of choice is a Ruger LCR, also 22LR.
The 10/22 is a nifty rifle. I am not sure about NYS, but around here I have seen at dun shows, banana clips, clip loaders and rotary types of clips. They are decently accurate as well. I have seen people compete with them in small bore competitions. I don't have an LCR, is the LCR 9mm?

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

I missed one and a damn shotgun at that. Oh well, lol.
Grew up in a family of gun guy's but my leaning has always been towards handguns rather than long guns. Hunted for decade's with revolvers which is closer to archery than rifle hunting.
Not a big fan of the LCR or any of the Ruger semis. Much prefer the XD or sig 938 or 238 if you want to go really small. I know that the LCR is popular for carry, just not my cup of tea. If wanting to go pocket my favorite is an FIE 25, fun, accurate, and will definitely do the job.
Of course guns are dangerous so I wouldn't own one :rag:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

VRH wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
VRH wrote:

The 10/22 is a nifty rifle. I am not sure about NYS, but around here I have seen at dun shows, banana clips, clip loaders and rotary types of clips. They are decently accurate as well. I have seen people compete with them in small bore competitions. I don't have an LCR, is the LCR 9mm?
This is my favorite of all the 22's I have owned. I bought one on sale in 66 for $39.95, used the hell out of it and never had any issues, except for one box of really cheap ammo that a number of the rounds failed to fire, even though the rim was well indented by the pin.

While they are correct about the loading, I had 2 extra magazine tubes and it only took about 20 seconds to swap magazines.

Sold it for $100.00 shortly after I joined the Marines in '75, with a wife and kid I was always short on money and $100 was almost a 3rd of a month's pay.

I would love to have another but the price has gone out of site. The cheapest I have been able to find is $300, and the barrel was pitted pretty bad.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... -nylon-66/

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

VRH wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
VRH wrote:

Ruger LCR:

Monolithic frame is made from aerospace-grade, 7000 series aluminum in .22 LR, .22 Magnum and .38 Spl +P models and from 400 series stainless steel in the powerful .357 Magnum, 9mm Luger and .327 Federal Magnum models.

Double action snub nose. Very loud when fired no matter what version you buy!

See Here!

Personally, I like the .22 mag version. It's a nasty little round that's not overly expensive to plink with.

Yo-