My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: GREEN ENERGY

Post by Herb »

FallenAngel wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:56 pm
navigator wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:44 pm
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Youz guys will fight over anything...it's summertime, go for a ride.
No Doubt
If someone is a hammer then he will see everything as a nail
look in the mirror
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

https://conservativeundergroundnews.com ... m_content=

...“I’ll never be able to grow anything on that field again,” Duttlinger lamented.

When he approached the parent company of Dunns Bridge about the damage, they said the company would look at any work that needed to be done when his lease expired – in 2073.

The Department of Agriculture had designated Duttlinger’s farm, like much of the farmland across the Midwest, as part of the best soil in the nation for growing crops.

Solar companies are gobbling up American farmland with some of the best soil in the country because they can offer as much as seven times the amount of rent that corn or soybeans would command.

USDA Agricultural Research Service’s National Laboratory for Agriculture and the Environment former Director Jerry Hatfield told Reuters that the growth of solar projects on high-quality farmland in the Midwest was “concerning.”

“It’s not the number of acres converting to solar,” Hatfield said. “It’s the quality of the land coming out of production, and what that means for local economies, state economies, and the country’s future abilities for crop production.”

To meet Democrats’ environmental extremist demands, American farms are being bulldozed to make way for environment-destroying solar farms.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Herb wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:08 pm
https://conservativeundergroundnews.com ... m_content=

...“I’ll never be able to grow anything on that field again,” Duttlinger lamented.

When he approached the parent company of Dunns Bridge about the damage, they said the company would look at any work that needed to be done when his lease expired – in 2073.

The Department of Agriculture had designated Duttlinger’s farm, like much of the farmland across the Midwest, as part of the best soil in the nation for growing crops.

Solar companies are gobbling up American farmland with some of the best soil in the country because they can offer as much as seven times the amount of rent that corn or soybeans would command.

USDA Agricultural Research Service’s National Laboratory for Agriculture and the Environment former Director Jerry Hatfield told Reuters that the growth of solar projects on high-quality farmland in the Midwest was “concerning.”

“It’s not the number of acres converting to solar,” Hatfield said. “It’s the quality of the land coming out of production, and what that means for local economies, state economies, and the country’s future abilities for crop production.”

To meet Democrats’ environmental extremist demands, American farms are being bulldozed to make way for environment-destroying solar farms.
Like that hasn't been happening everywhere when it comes to housing development?

When I was a kid there were farming properties everywhere where I grew up. They eventually got sold off and developed into housing estates.

All the farming is now out in regional areas - anything within a 20KM radius of the CBD has been (or is being) developed for housing and communal areas.

This is no different to what you are bitching about here - except it involves green energy which must be defiled....

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 6:12 pm
What crap. It's been discussed MANY TIMES that windmills and solar panels recoup their carbon footprint within a short period.
Fossil fuel driven power sources never do this. EVER. All the other rantings are not facts - just selective outrage by idiots with agendas.

^^^ This is not true.

Firstly,...the whole notion that these sucking things will,...'save the planet'....from a totally bogus...'climate crisis'.. based on CO2 emissions being ..'the devil'...is THE progenitor of THE LIES that they are. :space: There IS NO man-made climate crisis....and that has been demonstrated many, many a time. :space: That is other than the elitist' alarmist 'narrative'.....chirped on by their $$cientist$$....and their left-biased so-called,...'news media'. :space: We have discussed this quite well in the Thread about the Climate Change Farce

Only they who suck down all this Lying Narrative would posit such a narrowed viewpoint that wind turbines create zero emissions. Such a myopic POV is Deliberately Ignorant of all it takes to..mine that raw materials,..transport them to processing plants,...process the materials,....transport them to manufacturing,...manufacture the components,...transport them to assembly plants,..assemble them,...transport those assembled pieces to the site,...erect them into position,....

Don't forget the HUGE amount of CO2 created for the HUGE concrete base.....mine that raw materials,..transport them to processing plants,...process them into material for concrete( HUGE amounts of High-Temperature burn).......transport them to the Concrete making plant,...mix them together into powered concrete mix,...transport that to localized concrete mixer companies,....mix it with water,.....transport the liquid concrete to the site,...pour and finish it.....And the HUGE amount of CO2 in Digging the HUGE whole in the ground before the pour.

AND,...the maintenance of these things WAY UP HIGH...you need VERY LARGE machinery to even get UP THERE,...much less do the work.
Anyone who doesn't factor this in is seriously deluding themselves .[/quote]

First of all,...the supposed figures in the claim that they recoup their carbon footprint were NEVER shown us all. So we have NO basis other than 'their 'word" that it is so...( from the same entity that claims wind power is ' environmentally friendly..., btw see the birds deaths above)

Second,...that is not the point. we are told these hideous contraptions are 'zero emissions'. But as we see,...THAT IS A LIE
AND...those who champion them, endlessly refuse to make mention of all this CARBON emitted as they dance around chirping THAT LIE.
As if all that CARBON making/installing/maintaining isn't 'harmful' and to be overlooked,....but the carbon from ICE is a HORROR.

And finally,...THERE IS NO CLIMATE CRISIS from Man-made carbon emissions.

THAT is the Crap....pal.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

How many sources do you want Springy? There's hundreds on Google.

Maybe it would be quicker if you can post a source that confirms they DON'T recoup their carbon footprint?

Surely you'd have something, right? Surely you're not just speaking out your ass??

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Show us. the figures. I've not seen you post them.

And \as you are doing so,...address this;
Designer wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:58 am

Second,...that is not the point. we are told these hideous contraptions are 'zero emissions'. But as we see,...THAT IS A LIE
AND...those who champion them, endlessly refuse to make mention of all this CARBON emitted as they dance around chirping THAT LIE.
As if all that CARBON making/installing/maintaining isn't 'harmful' and to be overlooked,....but the carbon from ICE is a HORROR.

THAT is the Crap....pal.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

You been drinking bro?

Having trouble changing your posts I see.....

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Not at all. Now let's see you address my last message,.....'mate'

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

It's hard when you keep changing your posts.

But here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+lon ... UTF-8#ip=1

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Finally you do as I told you to. It's about time!
Now,...AS I SAID...that is not The Point;

Address this;

THAT is the Crap....pal.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 6:27 am
Finally you do as I told you to. It's about time!
Now,...AS I SAID...that is not The Point;

It's TOTALLY the fucking point.

Windmills and solar DON'T PRODUCE EMISSIONS IN THEIR LIFETIME OF PROVIDING ENERGY.

It's actually that simple.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

So sorry,...but it NOT THE POINT.

So,...ALL that carbon in making/installing/maintaining these horrid things is to ignored because it is 'good carbon'....BUT! carbon from ICE is BAD!

Riiiight

And,.....THERE IS NO CLIMATE CRISIS FROM MAN-MADE CARBON EMISSIONS.......which is why we are told these hideous things are needed. :uhh:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

"horrid things"

:lmao:

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:07 am
"horrid things"

:lmao:
I hear they steal your soul to

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

FallenAngel wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 11:21 am
hillsy v2 wrote:
"horrid things":lmao:
I see. :space:

So tell us all...........How do these two commentary postings address what I said in my last message? :Umm:

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Designer wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:09 pm
FallenAngel wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 11:21 am
hillsy v2 wrote:
"horrid things":lmao:
I see. :space:

So tell us all...........How do these two commentary postings address what I said in my last message? :Umm:
Sorry
I didnt read it
I was responding to a different post
Ether way I dont agree with your opinion on alternative energy sources and I dont think that arguing is a form of discussion I would be interested in participating in

But Only because you asked Not that I know for sure I just read it on the internet so it must be true

Im thinking it could be WITCH CRAFT

Your Turn
Other then being dead What do these 2 birds have in common

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Talk about arguing with now real information...

Where do you think there is a 'reliable' source of info? Damn sure isn't from the LSM, the governent agencies or the 'green energy' freaks.

And, yes, I have seen first hand the birds killed by the windmills and the habbitat of other spieces destroyed for the solar panels.

I have also spent a lot of time around jet aircraft and know that bird strikes are very rare.

Yet you claim that; 1. I am wrong or 2. that I am lying.

And you accuse me of starting an arguement.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Herb wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 6:07 pm
Talk about arguing with now real information...

Where do you think there is a 'reliable' source of info? Damn sure isn't from the LSM, the governent agencies or the 'green energy' freaks.

And, yes, I have seen first hand the birds killed by the windmills and the habbitat of other spieces destroyed for the solar panels.

I have also spent a lot of time around jet aircraft and know that bird strikes are very rare.

Yet you claim that; 1. I am wrong or 2. that I am lying.

And you accuse me of starting an arguement.
Ahhh Herb
I made a simple post about birds getting sucked into jet engines
It wasnt directed to anyone or had anything to do about the topic Green Energy
I did seem to go with the direction of the conversation
Again just a simple post
Did you know that bird Strikes involving the internals of the jet engine are less then 38%
Jet Aircraft crashes as a result of birds getting sucked into the engines intake are vary rare
A large percentage of Bird strikes arnt reported until a complete external visual inspection,
In 2020 11,605 wildlife strikes were reported this is down from the 17,359 strikes reported in 2019
These are only the reported strikes these numbers do not include private airports and personal aircraft thta are not reported
This is an older post in the National business aviation association written by the Federal Aviation Administration
On Sept 07 19905 Orville Wright was the first pilot to strike a bird in flight
82,057 strikes reported in the U.S. between 1990 and 2007.
Compare that to the number of Aircraft in the air at a given time it would seem like a small number and may seem to be rare and is becoming less common involving aircraft in flight,
It was never ever my intention of calling you a lair
I did say you where mistaken
Airborne Aircraft and birds in flight happen daily twice daily and three times daily and more just not as common and hardly news worthy
Often unreported

About your life on the flight line
Regardless of your position I learned along time ago that the most important member of a time is the team player
I do respect your flight line experience

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

FallenAngel wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 11:13 pm

In 2020 11,605 wildlife strikes were reported this is down from the 17,359 strikes reported in 2019
Covid shutdowns would account for the massive drop in this period.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

What I am saying is that the number of bird strikes are minimal. 16,405,000 flights handled by the FAA yearly. That is just the major airports, mostly commercial.

https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/by_the_numbers

That doesn't include all of the smaller, non-commercial airports that mostly handle the private A/C.

Mostly that is because the aircraft go upto and down from altitude pretty quickly and spend as little time at altitudes that birds spend most of their time.

The heighth of windmills are at the altitude that most birds fly at. If you have ever seen s bird of pray hunting you know that they are flying at less than 200 ft and hunt of open areas.

Windmills are located in open areas and the blades are approxamatly 300 feet AGL. That puts the damn things right in the area that hawks/eagles/etc fly at. That doesn't include all of the other birds that normally fly below 300 AGL.

BTW, one of the dead birds I saw was an Owl.

Come to think of it, I never heard of a quail getting killed by a windmill or a jet. However, I think I killed one with my knee while riding my bike. Hurt like hell and damn near caused me to crash.