Post by jeffcoslacker »

[youtube][/youtube]

You still watching NASCAR? :blink:

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Re: WRC

Post by KAJUN »

What amazes me is the spectators and how close they are to the roadway......one slip of the wheel and that vehicle is gonna take out a dozen or so
in a heartbeat.... :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
But accomplished drivers they are....especially knowing when to put it in a slide so when they clear the next hill top they are headed in the right direction..otherwise they are toast
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

KAJUN wrote:What amazes me is the spectators and how close they are to the roadway......one slip of the wheel and that vehicle is gonna take out a dozen or so
in a heartbeat.... :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
It happens from time to time. I think that's part of the allure...makes the spectators feel like they are sharing in the danger. Exhilarating.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Hey I like toast and haven't watched a Nascar race this year except for the last one Danica was in. That good ole boys club where the male drivers and Brian France, the owner, didn't want a woman in their club has ruint Nascar as far as I am concerned. The only reason she was allowed on the track was to sell tickets. :bang:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

GOTTA HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE TO WATCH A RACE CLOSE TO THE ROAD AS THEY FLY BY IN CURVES AND OPEN SPACES ...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Grew up “racing” in Florida. Glen Roberts was my racing hero. Saw Sterling Moss at Sebring. Big Daddy brought us out in droves at the drags. Relatives in New York took me to Watkins Glen. Rode with Brothers to Talladega while living in Alabama. Bike races at Daytona. Countless races at La Guna Seca. And, our most favorite event twice a year, The San Jose Mile!!! Either listened on radio or watched on TV, every year for decades, The Indy 500. Went to see Sprint Cars on countless Satnites at San Jose Speedway. Then, about 20 years ago, the passion just went away.

Six years ago rode with friends to Utica/Rome Speedway to watch the sprint cars and had a great time, but haven’t been back. I look back on all those years of racing and it makes me sad that somehow all the passion for motor sports just died, been a very long time since I even watched an event on TV.

I miss hearing The Grateful Dead perform live The Race Is On during Indy 500 weekends. I miss Possum.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Like drag racing a lot but even in old age would rather be in the mix.Ran Suzuki fours in the stone age 1977-1987. Been to some big round tracks like Daytona and Talladega but remember the 50 Dodge Daytonas and Plymonth Super Birds going around a few laps for show more than anything.Have not met anyone yet that likes the new races with breaks and a new restart after each! Like they don't have enough in a regular race.Bullet proof a word non racers like to use is a joke to real racers that go every week.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I like the round track races the best because I can see the whole track and see what is going on. Road race courses and rally courses I only get to see the action at the area where I am.

At a NASCAR race, unless it is one of the road courses, I can see the whole track, If I am on turn 2 I can see a pass that happens on turn 4. I hate going to road courses or rallies, everything seems to happen in areas I am not at. Fuck that shit. I only watch those on TV.

Drag racing, unless I am driving, is also boring. Again, it is really hard to see the action and unless on the finish line the winner is impossible to identify. and the action is either at the start or the finish line.

I will stick to NASCAR, much more entertaining.

What I would like to see is for NASCAR to change the direction on a track for every other race.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

Herb wrote:
What I would like to see is for NASCAR to change the direction on a track for every other race.

You would think they would rather go into a right :ahha: hand turn for their races but I ain't the super on that subject.
But I do understand they would have to have an entirely different car set up to make those right hand turns...

.as for myself right hand turns I can really get into.....left hand turns puts me too close to the cages front tires taking the inside track
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Rally racing on dirt. :blink:

[youtube][/youtube]

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Rally racing on dirt. :blink:

[youtube][/youtube]
Yeah lucky dog is different in WRC. [emoji2]

Dog's all "I'ma get that sumbitch"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Like I said, in rally races, you only see what happens in your little area, wrong area and you miss the action. Screw that.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

Herb wrote:Like I said, in rally races, you only see what happens in your little area, wrong area and you miss the action. Screw that.
I like moving around and getting different looks at the action. Much more interesting than just sitting there in one spot as a passive observer.

I'd like to see NASCAR run truly stock cars again, cars I can relate to. It would also be very interesting if all restrictors were removed with no limits. This and the development of 5 or 10 mile "super tracks" would certainly get my attention.

:rock:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

lonerider wrote:
Herb wrote:Like I said, in rally races, you only see what happens in your little area, wrong area and you miss the action. Screw that.
I like moving around and getting different looks at the action. Much more interesting than just sitting there in one spot as a passive observer.

I'd like to see NASCAR run truly stock cars again, cars I can relate to. It would also be very interesting if all restrictors were removed with no limits. This and the development of 5 or 10 mile "super tracks" would certainly get my attention.

I will agee with the idea of going back to real stock cars. Kinda hard to relate a front wheel drive 6 cylinder car to the special built rear wheel drive V8 that won on saturday.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

lonerider wrote: I'd like to see NASCAR run truly stock cars again, cars I can relate to. It would also be very interesting if all restrictors were removed with no limits. This and the development of 5 or 10 mile "super tracks" would certainly get my attention.

And that is the one thing the France family doesn't understand about the word NASCAR and what it used to stand for. Stock cars you could buy at the dealer on Monday morning that looked like the race cars you watched on Sunday afternoon but without the decals and numbers. :bang: [space] :OhNo;