Wow! Speechless.

Keep it civil
DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Wow! Speechless.

Post by DevilsFan »

There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: Wow! Speechless.

Post by MadCow »

I feel bad for that family that took him in. I'm sure deep down inside they somehow feel a sense of 'bearing responsibility' for what Cruz did...second guessing the shit out of themselves and having feelings of guilt.

Their lives are probably ruined just as much as the victims families...and his "foster" siblings...

Man... what a fukin mess.
-DBTO

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

I'm thinking at least for now this kid had a doozy of a psychotic break. His background was ripe for it and all the triggers were there. It's common for it to occur around that age(18-21)...His dazed, submissive behavior during arrest is kinda typical of a person after one too. It's possible he may not even be sure what he did, or that it was real anyway. Time will tell. :donno:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

They must have surely known of his past behavior problems, did they check on his back ground before inviting him to live with them????
being expelled from school etc etc..... something doesn't sound right here....I may be wrong........I hope I am
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

I have been listening to the different news channels on this. People knew of his past behavior, and his fb threat to be a professional school shooter. Nobody did much about it. The FBI was notified as well. Bad things happen when good people do nothing. You can bet the shop that sold the rifle is soon to be out of business.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Lot's of blame to go around on this one.
I gotta wonder what kind of f-ups the FBI is hiring these days.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

hillsy wrote: Turned this into a political thread...
It's crap like this is the reason I've been whacking Fred's post. If you want a political thread on the topic, start one in the Political section, don't hijack this one.
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

jeffcoslacker wrote:I'm thinking at least for now this kid had a doozy of a psychotic break. His background was ripe for it and all the triggers were there. It's common for it to occur around that age(18-21)...His dazed, submissive behavior during arrest is kinda typical of a person after one too. It's possible he may not even be sure what he did, or that it was real anyway. Time will tell. :donno:
I agree.

Part that angers me in this is that the signs were there...everyone knew he was a ticking time bomb, the school, the FBI, hell even his fellow students complained.

But the family he moved in with didn't know?
-DBTO

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

MadCow wrote:
They tried to give help and comfort and a home environment to their son's friend who was lost and essentially orphaned by circumstances.

People like this are saints, and I applaud them. I can't find fault with them. Not at this point.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

MadCow wrote:
It's crap like this is the reason I've been whacking Fred's post. If you want a political thread on the topic, start one in the Political section, don't hijack this one.

I must have missed something......has Hillsy posted on this thread? I don't see any of his remarks on this particular thread
enlighten me somebody
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
MadCow wrote:

I must have missed something......has Hillsy posted on this thread? I don't see any of his remarks on this particular thread
enlighten me somebody
There was an attempt to change the topic (which is about the family that was fostering Cruz) and turn this into a anti-Trump thread....we already have another thread about that...it's in the Political section.
-DBTO

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tbeck wrote:Lot's of blame to go around on this one.
I gotta wonder what kind of f-ups the FBI is hiring these days.

Whatever the FBI does or does not do is up to those in the upper echelon positions..
I would have to surmise that ......
The rank and file, if they want to keep working do as they are told to do...it's no different then working for any other employer who makes up the rules as they go along...

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

MadCow wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:
MadCow wrote:

enlighten me somebody
There was an attempt to change the topic (which is about the family that was fostering Cruz) and turn this into a anti-Trump thread....we already have another thread about that...it's in the Political section.

Got it.... [emoji106]

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
MadCow wrote:
They tried to give help and comfort and a home environment to their son's friend who was lost and essentially orphaned by circumstances.

People like this are saints, and I applaud them. I can't find fault with them. Not at this point.
I agree...I wasn't trying to disparage the family...I know they were doing the right thing... I just tossed it out there I feel like even they should have seen something off? According to their interview they saw no signs at all...my guess was Cruz was playing good kid at home and had another persona he kept from the hand that was feeding him. Thoughts?
-DBTO

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

MadCow wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:
MadCow wrote:

I agree...I wasn't trying to disparage the family...I know they were doing the right thing... I just tossed it out there I feel like even they should have seen something off? According to their interview they saw no signs at all...my guess was Cruz was playing good kid at home and had another persona he kept from the hand that was feeding him. Thoughts?
People with certain mental issues can be really good at concealing it, to the point that even psych professionals even find it very hard to determine and diagnose, as is often the case with sociopaths, for example. But if he was actually veering into schizophrenia, that's also sometimes a hard read in a male especially that age, because so many of the hallmarks can just be "normal" messed-up teenager angst-thinking and repressed aggression. It often doesn't become apparent until they really go off the rails and start being unreasonably paranoid or outright indulging openly in altered reality. Often times they know or suspect their drives and hallucinations are not normal, so they try to conceal it. But if/when the break comes, the floodgates are wide open.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
MadCow wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:
MadCow wrote:

People with certain mental issues can be really good at concealing it, to the point that even psych professionals even find it very hard to determine and diagnose, as is often the case with sociopaths, for example. But if he was actually veering into schizophrenia, that's also sometimes a hard read in a male especially that age, because so many of the hallmarks can just be "normal" messed-up teenager angst-thinking and repressed aggression. It often doesn't become apparent until they really go off the rails and start being unreasonably paranoid or outright indulging openly in altered reality. Often times they know or suspect their drives and hallucinations are not normal, so they try to conceal it. But if/when the break comes, the floodgates are wide open.
Fair enough...
-DBTO

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

SJ, no they dropped the ball, plain and simple. At the end of the day the Cruz kid is responsible, and the people who took him in will be wondering how this went wrong.
I see people like this all the time. They THINK they are doing something right for the kid, they aren't. There was a REASON that he was having issues with relative's and this couple should not have intervened.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

AS ALWAYS, NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED ...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tbeck wrote:SJ, no they dropped the ball, plain and simple. At the end of the day the Cruz kid is responsible, and the people who took him in will be wondering how this went wrong.
I see people like this all the time. They THINK they are doing something right for the kid, they aren't. There was a REASON that he was having issues with relative's and this couple should not have intervened.

All I'm saying is that the parents who took this kid in must have known a little or a whole lot about his background...They weren't oblivious to the facts ........... what was happening with him socially....they proved they were responsible minded parents when they took him in....but.......

I say BULLSHIT.... they knew something was amiss and they were hoping his problems would solve themselves.....
It didn't happen and 14 kids and 3 adults paid the ultimate price for the parents undoing and failure to participate in his life
They had to know something was wrong with this kid....

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

MadCow wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:
MadCow wrote:
enlighten me somebody
And I thank you taking action about this attempted Change after I pointed it out. :bow:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!