Fifty Seven

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Fifty Seven

Post by RoadKing »

57! Degrees! Gonna reach that here in about an hour and then just flat line at that temp until 9AM tomorrow at which time it will climb into upper 60’s! Unreal! It’s raining but still lots of salt and sand on the roads so I have to resist the temptation to ride. Won’t put my iron through that corrosive filth. Patience indeed a virtue.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Re: Fifty Seven

Post by JFL Live »

Our power went out for an hour this morning because of an ice storm... :donno:
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

JFL Live wrote:Our power went out for an hour this morning because of an ice storm... :donno:
Yes,sir. Our warmth will be short lived until what you experience now arrives here in two days.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Wind bad but records may be broken with 80 called for today ! All ready rode over 100 most with five friends. Got off the flat four lane and in to curves and lower road and much better second half. :putput:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

RoadKing wrote:
JFL Live wrote:Our power went out for an hour this morning because of an ice storm... :donno:
Yes,sir. Our warmth will be short lived until what you experience now arrives here in two days.

Normally I wouldn't give a rats @ss about the power going out... but I couldn't make any coffee from 6 am until after 7. :bang:

Might have to invest in a Sterno Stove. [emoji2]

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

We're hovering around 68 here. I was almost tempted to get the bike out.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

JFL Live wrote:
RoadKing wrote:

Normally I wouldn't give a rats @ss about the power going out... but I couldn't make any coffee from 6 am until after 7. :bang:

There's always scotch.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

It's going to be 72 tomorrow, fargin global warming!

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

I got a ride in today!
-DBTO

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:57! Degrees! Gonna reach that here in about an hour and then just flat line at that temp until 9AM tomorrow at which time it will climb into upper 60’s! Unreal! It’s raining but still lots of salt and sand on the roads so I have to resist the temptation to ride. Won’t put my iron through that corrosive filth. Patience indeed a virtue.
Hit the same here but then it's dropping like a stone overnight into the lower 30's, then it's going to stay in the mid to upper 30's. Had two solid days of rain to wash the crud off the road. It's set to clear up and dry out the next couple of days. You better bet I'm going to be wanting to ride. 38 and partly cloudy might be too much to resist! :rag:
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

navigator wrote:
There's always scotch.

Probably a good thing I didn't see that this morning... [emoji2]
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

JFL Live wrote:
RoadKing wrote:

BatMan no coffee? Scary thought. I used to have that common sign in my kitchen that read, QUICK. BRING COFFEE. NO ONE GETS HURT. An addiction not to be taken lightly.
Signifying nothing”

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Just an old scooter tramp waiting for Spring. Sick of waiting and it’s only Feb. At 7AM it is already 61 degrees. Streets are filthy but time waits for no one. Tick fucking tock. I’m going for a ride in the rain. Hose The King down real good when I get home.
Signifying nothing”

Baysideintruder
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1992 VS 800

Post by Baysideintruder »

The forecast in NYC is for over 70 today. You better believe I am taking a half day and going for a ride. I hope my baby wakes up from hibernation and is ready to go. I cant wait any longer. Feels like Xmas morning! :putput:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Baysideintruder wrote:The forecast in NYC is for over 70 today. You better believe I am taking a half day and going for a ride. I hope my baby wakes up from hibernation and is ready to go. I cant wait any longer. Feels like Xmas morning! :putput:
Merry Christmas! :XmasTree:
Signifying nothing”

Baysideintruder
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1992 VS 800

Post by Baysideintruder »

Thank you RK.
Here's hoping there's a gas card in my stocking :funnylast:

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

And here I am contemplating how big of a difference it is between 36 and 38 degrees when I'm deciding if I'm going to ride or drive.

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Unreal. At 10AM was outback with my pups and The King and a cup of mud and no shirt soaking up the warmth and some vitamin D. Black clouds and wind made a sudden arrival and by noon it was very cold and raining. Oh well.
Signifying nothing”

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

Rode last Thursday with temps close to 80*
Stopped at the Shaved Beaver for some fabulous tacos on Taco Thursday special. That spoiled me... Weather turned back to winter for a few more days. :-(
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:Unreal. At 10AM was outback with my pups and The King and a cup of mud and no shirt soaking up the warmth and some vitamin D. Black clouds and wind made a sudden arrival and by noon it was very cold and raining. Oh well.
It's 37 and sunny here and if I didn't have to work I'd probably be outside in T-shirt right now. :lolfall: