Thanks for signing up for SS.

Keep it civil
n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Thanks for signing up for SS.

Post by n-trude »

I talked to a guy this weekend that got that letter from SS.
Thanks for signing up.

But he had not signed up to get his SS. News to him, big surprise, someone with his name had though.
They wanted it put on a Card. He got it worked out. Felt good it did not happen.
He might have had a mess when he did decide to get his SS.... If they had been paying someone else for two years.

Never knew that was possible you never know these days. :blink:

Have you got that letter showing all the years and how much you made each year?

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Re: Thanks for signing up for SS.

Post by jonnycando »

I don't get them anymore since I am on Railroad Retirement...I get one of their forms...and all my Social Security earnings were ported to it. So far as SS is concerned I am dead, or at least not eligible for Social Security.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Mike they stopped sending out the letters showing the amount you made or are entitled to years ago. I think it was a money saving idea some peon at SS had. :bonk:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

You can go to this website and sign up to see what your SS benefit is and what you've paid in...

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Will have to say the SS place I went to to talk about if and when I would draw was one of the best places I ever went in to. Good honest answers I felt and everything they told me turned out as they said when I made up my mind. The wife was just as good and when she did not like the amount gave her on what she would draw was asked were I worked or retired from. They ran my IBM records and she could draw three times just from off me than her spotted work years,with out hurting mine. Like most old folks the fear of a long hospital stay about the only worry now after five years of retirement. My little double dip into my 18 year state job takes care of my toys. :putput:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

old time rider wrote:
The wife was just as good and when she did not like the amount gave her on what she would draw was asked were I worked or retired from. They ran my IBM records and she could draw three times just from off me than her spotted work years,with out hurting mine.
Yep, I understand my wife can draw her own SS or up to half of what I get, which ever is higher, with out affecting me...

And so can my "X".... :shock:
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...